Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I just moved and got my ADSL2+ connected, I get 9MBps, gently caress you NBN people, even those on HFC.

(I'll be getting HFC NBN by the end of the year, apparently.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have the K Rudd original herbs and fibres to my premises and life is good good good.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1012215800592134146

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol Matthew Guy wanting to resurrect the East West Link

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-28/opposition-reveals-new-plans-for-controversial-east-west-link/9918306

Wont give any details at all on costs or what route the link will take as he says he's "a politician not a civil engineer"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lionhat in giant piece of poo poo shocker

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Is it bad that one of the bigger things discouraging me from coming back to Australia is the generally dogshit internet? :negative:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
No. Anyone running a business that relies on internet access should be seriously looking at relocating.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Lionhat in giant piece of poo poo shocker

It was during a motion regarding rape and violence against women btw.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Box of Bunnies posted:

Nationalising sports broadcasts would be one way to get people behind the public broadcasters

Gee, $30m for broadcasting womens sports really would have helped out the ABC... but no, it had to go to foxtel

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/theboltreport/status/1012275503607103491

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

replace it with the muslim call to prayer.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Holy poo poo, Liz Jackson died.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Xerxes17 posted:

Is it bad that one of the bigger things discouraging me from coming back to Australia is the generally dogshit internet? :negative:

Nope. It’s definitely something I look at when I’m moving between rentals.

It’s a legit quality of life thing in TYOOL 2018.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

drunkill posted:

Gee, $30m for broadcasting womens sports really would have helped out the ABC... but no, it had to go to foxtel

Broadcast rights won't cost 30m when you outlaw commercial networks from airing sports, comrade

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Measly Twerp posted:

I got FTTN. No idea where the node is. No idea how old the cabling to the street is either. I doubt going with someone else will be magically faster, unless they've somehow over provisioned to the point where 50/20 becomes 20/0.7, in which case I'll gently caress them.

Modem stats are a good start. If the sync blows your measured throughput out of the water, then usually you have a fair idea what is happening.

if your sync sucks, congrats you lost node lotto.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Starshark posted:

It was during a motion regarding rape and violence against women btw.

Of course it was!

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune posted:

Modem stats are a good start. If the sync blows your measured throughput out of the water, then usually you have a fair idea what is happening.

if your sync sucks, congrats you lost node lotto.

16694kbps down, 695kbps up.

:suicide:

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Synthbuttrange posted:

replace it with the muslim call to prayer.
replace it with everyone standing in a circle and farting into each others' mouths

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Measly Twerp posted:

16694kbps down, 695kbps up.

:suicide:

Yeah I take back all that nasty poo poo I said.

I'd lodge a fault there.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliceworkman/parliament-house-security-officers-say-their-lives-are

quote:

In emails seen by BuzzFeed News sent to the department's supervisors, management and human resources, loading dock officers say they will no longer comply with directions to test white powder found around Parliament House, as they feel their lives are being put in danger.
Last month whistleblowers revealed security isn't trained or equipped to deal with the hazardous incidents they are being told to deal with. Since then management has been intimidating staff but hasn't yet provided adequate PPE, equipment or training

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

avshalemon posted:

replace it with everyone standing in a circular firing squad and farting into each others' mouths

Now we're getting somewhere

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1012174575763841024

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

LONGMAN voters – particularly young people – believe Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has a better plan for Queensland than Opposition leader Bill Shorten, according to exclusive polling.

Couriermail.com.au is this evening publishing key poll data for Longman – including surprise two-party preferred results for the key by-election seat.

ReachTEL polling, of 814 Longman residents on June 26, showed that 58.7 per cent of voters thought Mr Turnbull had the best plan for Queensland, compared to 41.3 per cent who backed the Labor leader.

But it was 18 to 34 year olds who were the PM’s biggest supporters, with 71.7 per cent backing in the LNP leader.

Mr Shorten’s strongest support came from the 51 to 65 year old age bracket, where he had the support of 48.8 per cent of voters.

The Opposition leader has consistently trailed the Prime Minister in preferred leader polling conducted by Newspoll, despite Labor remaining ahead in the polls 52-48.

Longman polling results for company tax were published at 5pm, with the two-party preferred outcome to be revealed at couriermail.com.au at 9pm, and full details and comprehensive coverage in tomorrow’s Courier-Mail

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1012298877699944450

lol

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
For someone who is only in the senate because of the gains won by feminists, she sure hates feminism.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Would you say Malcolm Turnbull is (a) great, or (b) fantastic?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why do they think history faculties don't offer units regarding every facet of western history?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

JBP posted:

Why do they think history faculties don't offer units regarding every facet of western history?

Some of those facets are negative ones.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

"I'm sorry but 'None and also they should crack down on tax evasion' is not one of the options. Do you want me to read the options again? "

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

JBP posted:

Show me a university offering a degree in 'history of western civilisation' :smug:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Starshark posted:

Holy poo poo, Liz Jackson died.

:smith: it's always the good ones.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
35 billion for english boats confirmed. Not going with spanish or italian boats.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Tokamak posted:

Show me a university offering a degree in 'history of western civilisation' :smug:

That's just called a history degree

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ewe2 posted:

:smith: it's always the good ones.

bill leak liker spotted

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

drunkill posted:

35 billion for english boats confirmed. Not going with spanish or italian boats.

This is a great step away from our alliance with the UK and will undoubtedly increase our partnership with *throws dart at map* The Republic of Azerbaijan.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's a 110 page thread on whirlpool about the plastic bag ban.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So I noticed every article today about Bill Shorten has this little coloured subtitle

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's clickable and leads to all ALP leadership articles

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wish we had trams like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010