Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like hearts of stone cos the gang the plot is about are geordies like me :-] they did their homework too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm really glad I took the time and effort to 100% the first game because the second one is just like it, except way way better in just about every aspect, and experiencing the leap in development skill really makes me appreciate this game a lot more than I probably would have otherwise.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I liked the first game more than the second. If it wasn’t for the writing and voice acting I would have never made it through 2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

2 probably has the strongest story, i wont talk about 3 too much since syn thy and others are still first timers but i definitely lost interest in the main story after a certain critical point

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

extremebuff posted:

2 probably has the strongest story, i wont talk about 3 too much since syn thy and others are still first timers but i definitely lost interest in the main story after a certain critical point

2 has a real stake and momentum to it in a way 3 doesn't cause it seems focused on the search for ciri at your own pace

But also 2 wasn't an open world game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm really glad I took the time and effort to 100% the first game because the second one is just like it, except way way better in just about every aspect, and experiencing the leap in development skill really makes me appreciate this game a lot more than I probably would have otherwise.

The first 1 is a really hacked together version of neverwinter nights and was still cool which is crazy.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll get the dlc if it's ever on sale for like 10 bucks or whatever. I bought the game last year during a sale and thought it was the epic edition. Drunken game buying strikes back.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'll get the dlc if it's ever on sale for like 10 bucks or whatever

blood&wine is incredible

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You caught my post pre edit. God drat phone posting.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The struggle is real

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'll get the dlc if it's ever on sale for like 10 bucks or whatever. I bought the game last year during a sale and thought it was the epic edition. Drunken game buying strikes back.

yeah, i waited until there was a sale for GOTY edition and i think it was barely more expensive than the base game, so you can probably get it for cheap. it does suck not having the DLC for Witcher 3 specifically because i think there are like 3-4 DLC quests in Velen and they're some of the better quests.

i bought wolfenstein 2 on a drunk game buy though, so i'm livin' in a glass house here.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The full expansion bundle goes on sale for like $10-12 pretty regularly on PSN, most recently a couple weeks ago . If you're playing on steam i assume the deals there are as good as better

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

The full expansion bundle goes on sale for like $10-12 pretty regularly on PSN, most recently a couple weeks ago . If you're playing on steam i assume the deals there are as good as better

I think CDPR must coordinate their sales, becaue i know when i bought it on PS4, it was also on sale on steam.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That's how it is for a lot of games now. The Xbox and PS4 E3 game sale was virtually identical

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even the switch eshop had a lot of similar discounts.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i bought wolfenstein 2 on a drunk game buy though, so i'm livin' in a glass house here.

I got drunk last night and uh some joker bought me a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yikes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

How strange... I suddenly blacked out while sitting at my desk, and when I came to, some kind soul had bought me the $200 Assassin's Creed Collection Ubisoft Gold Pro Edition and a year's subscription to World of Warcraft. Looks like Christmas came early for this gamer!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thank you all for that bottle of Lagavulin 16, and also for whichever one of you logged onto my Steam account and got me a lifetime subscription to EA Access. Haha, great gift, nothing I ever would have though of. :p which one of you jokers logged onto my Fortnite account and lost repeatedly to a bunch of 8 year olds and got banned for yelling at their moms, haha. is there any more of that Lagavulin?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

whoaaa!! which of you fuckers downloaded the Skyrim nude mod on my computer and typed "most awesome video game knockers" into google without clearing the cache. not gonna wet it up with my many hot bUmble dates if they see that!! haha. is somebody cutting an onion in here?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'll see how i'm still feeling about it when the friday night thread comes around but so far it's honestly fairly tight lol. The combat is fun and really different from any other open world sjw relic collection game , it's all fast and lethal bow and arrow stuff along with some rly dynamic ways to set up traps in the world. Enemies can easily charge you and kill you in 1 hit (at least on hard mode) but a perfect arrow shot to their weak spot will instantly kill them too so battles are really intense

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also i like the setting (these are like, intro spoilers) which is primitive clans of people in the far future worshipping simple 2000s technology as if it's some kind of religious aritifact

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Almost at the end of the first game. The final boss of act V took almost thirty minutes because he kept endlessly stunlocking/blinding me- extremely dire gaming

working as intended

i cant remember exactly how long it took but it was a loooooong time

edit are you talking about the one near the end where you fight the mage/evil boss guy in the dream world on the mountain or something else

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 29, 2018

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

im glad you finished it, i really struggled to make it through the last couple of chapters but its def worth a playthrough for anyone who hasnt played it and likes the series

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There’s a handful of fre dlc as well, mostly alternative sexy outfits for the ladies but i believe there’s a quest or two as well in there iirc.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

I'll see how i'm still feeling about it when the friday night thread comes around but so far it's honestly fairly tight lol. The combat is fun and really different from any other open world sjw relic collection game , it's all fast and lethal bow and arrow stuff along with some rly dynamic ways to set up traps in the world. Enemies can easily charge you and kill you in 1 hit (at least on hard mode) but a perfect arrow shot to their weak spot will instantly kill them too so battles are really intense

Horizon does a lot of cool things and is a fairly unique setting and I was honestly super down with it until I climbed a giant tower robot and my map exploded with useless icons and collectibles and I howled at the uncaring gods

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

There’s a handful of fre dlc as well, mostly alternative sexy outfits for the ladies but i believe there’s a quest or two as well in there iirc.

elven rebel haircut

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Horizon does a lot of cool things and is a fairly unique setting and I was honestly super down with it until I climbed a giant tower robot and my map exploded with useless icons and collectibles and I howled at the uncaring gods

its so cool and funny how zelda does the map towers but gently caress your icons draw them yourself if theyre so important

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Witcher 3 and breath of the wild are top tier open world games

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I went from playing W3 to BOTW to...Mass Effect Andomeda.

The drop in quality was borderline impressive.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I just started playing Witcher 3 and my favorite part so far is the discussion with the huntsman while chasing the griffin:

:qq: I’m a freak!”

Big G: “Lycanthropy? I’ve fixed that before, no big deal, werewolves aren-“

“What, no, dude I’m gay.”

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The sidequest to explore the abandoned island in skellige to find a missing person is also a long one but its more expansive than being trapped in narrow caves and feels like a real adventure, you have to sail there first even.

I recommend it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

The sidequest to explore the abandoned island in skellige to find a missing person is also a long one but its more expansive than being trapped in narrow caves and feels like a real adventure, you have to sail there first even.

I recommend it.

That quest is good but it makes it hard not to kill trolls, which is bad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

That quest is good but it makes it hard not to kill trolls, which is bad.

This is a specific question for that quest:

What happens if you go back for the dude trapped in the boat, do you know?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Sharkopath posted:

In my game, he’d disappeared and there was a hint that it was a bit of mystery. Not sure if I did something incorrectly.

You also don’t have to kill the trolls tp complete the quest.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

]
I couldn't find him to bring him the nails, not sure if it was a glitch in my game or I just couldn't see him.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

its so cool and funny how zelda does the map towers but gently caress your icons draw them yourself if theyre so important

It’s honestly the best part of the game and why the exploration is so organic and rewarding.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i wish this game and every game had the earthbound thing where enemies instantly retreat/die when they're useless trash mobs getting sick of running thru town to pick up my new gwent card and getting acosted by a level 5 bandit and then geralt slows down until i get out of the range where he does Slow Comba walk so i can start running gagin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

agreed and also in general games need the earthbound thing with the trash mobs tbh

• Locked thread