Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That's fair. OK, fine, I'll hold my reactions for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Nate RFB posted:

Ozy (SSR Rider), Lancelot (SR Saber), Nitocris (SR Caster), Touta (3* Archer), Hassan of Serenity (3* Assassin)

All three golds are amazing, with Ozy and Lancelot having a decent claim to being the best in their overall class.

So I rolled my 60 quarts and 6 tickets, hoping for a Saber.

Good news, I now have every summon aside from Lancelot from this banner, including Medjed Waifu.

Okay news, I also have an NP4 Caesar and NP3 Fergus.

Not complaining.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Unlucky7 posted:

I want to do a 10 roll on the banner but I feel like I should complete France first if only to get new people into the Servant list. I sorta feel like I blew too many 10 rolls in Fuyuki (Started playing at launch, but only played sporadically till now). That or the Gatcha hates me.

The Gacha hates you until it decides to give you a 5 star and 4 star in the same pull. Still, I don't think the Servants locked behind the completion wall is that bad. Although it does mean you're missing out on a chance for Nero. Umu.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

brainwrinkle posted:

50 rolls without a single gold servant. I think that’s an 8% chance?

It's about a 13% chance

J.A.B.C. posted:

Good news, I now have every summon aside from Lancelot from this banner, including Medjed Waifu.

Not complaining.

This is more or less my situation except 210 quartz and 30 tickets.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
'oh hey, ozzy's on rate-up and i want him since he's cool, i'll do a 30 roll even though i have drake'

hmm.

thanks, gacha.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Okay news, I also have an NP4 Caesar and NP3 Fergus.

Not complaining.

Meanwhile, at 90 quartz and 8 tickets my only gold was...Beowulf? :psyduck: He spooked me last banner too.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Put in 5 tickets, got the 4 star CE, my first Koutaro, and somehow my third Fran. How have i managed to pull 3 off banner Frans? I never use her, since I have mush better berserkers.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Went ahead with my roll. Got dupes of Babbage, Saber Giles, Caster Medea, and Ushiwakamaru. More NP on the latter 2 is not the worst thing I guess. Otherwise, :suicide:

I did get a 5 star CE, but it was The Black Grail. Is that more useful that it looks? A 500 HP Drain Demerit sounds pretty nasty considering there are very few healing options.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Black Grail is extremely useful. 500 HP a turn isnt that bad since max level 4*s 5*s have HP in the tens of thousands, even if a fight lasts 10 turns that's only 5000 damage, total, over the entire fight. As a sidenote it's outright busted when put on Anne and Mary, since it might as well read 'give your NP more damage, then give it more damage.'

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Unlucky7 posted:

Went ahead with my roll. Got dupes of Babbage, Saber Giles, Caster Medea, and Ushiwakamaru. More NP on the latter 2 is not the worst thing I guess. Otherwise, :suicide:

I did get a 5 star CE, but it was The Black Grail. Is that more useful that it looks? A 500 HP Drain Demerit sounds pretty nasty considering there are very few healing options.

Black grail is fine, though it's mostly used on servants that have an inherent ability to fire off a lot of NPs. Medea would be a good example since she has an NP charge skill and an Arts NP which has an additional refund on use.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

So, this game has been crashing on me very frequently the past several events (like, an average of once every other battle, which makes farming enough of a hassle that I haven't bothered clearing the last few shops), but I've still been able to play the game despite this. Now, however, I update it through the app store and then it tells me it didn't start correctly and asks if I want to clear and reload cache (never did this before). I say yes, and it keeps crashing at 70% completion. Tried restarting my phone, am on wi-fi, and this time it got to 100% but still crashed right after. I finally just told it to skip the cache and it started ok, but we'll see how long it goes before crashing again. I know the iPhone 5S is old (and I do plan on finally upgrading later this year), but it meets the minimum system requirements and the minimum I expect is the game not crashing constantly. I'm just ranting a bit, but it really makes playing feel like a hassle more and more often.

All that aside, did the first battles and yeah it's quite the step up in difficulty. Summons-wise, nothing from tickets as usual, but two 10-pulls got me Nitocris (all I really wanted from this banner), Ozy, the new archer guy, a Black Grail and a Kaledioscope, so I'll take this as the game apologizing for all the time it wasted crashing earlier today.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As I understand it most crashes in FGO are due to low RAM. I had a Lenovo A2 table with 2GB that crashed pretty consistently once a day, and have had zero crashes (that I can remember) when I upgraded to a Samsung S8 with 4GB.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have put together a team of Hassans, and then I got a cameo by Saber Lancelot.

Officially buckwild.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Da Vinci-chan's buggy is :krad:, that is all.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Just left the Main Gate. That last fight... :supaburn:

I'm actually using my gold apples to restore my AP and continue with the story. Holy poo poo this is good.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Mason Dixon posted:

So, this game has been crashing on me very frequently the past several events (like, an average of once every other battle, which makes farming enough of a hassle that I haven't bothered clearing the last few shops), but I've still been able to play the game despite this. Now, however, I update it through the app store and then it tells me it didn't start correctly and asks if I want to clear and reload cache (never did this before). I say yes, and it keeps crashing at 70% completion. Tried restarting my phone, am on wi-fi, and this time it got to 100% but still crashed right after. I finally just told it to skip the cache and it started ok, but we'll see how long it goes before crashing again. I know the iPhone 5S is old (and I do plan on finally upgrading later this year), but it meets the minimum system requirements and the minimum I expect is the game not crashing constantly. I'm just ranting a bit, but it really makes playing feel like a hassle more and more often.

All that aside, did the first battles and yeah it's quite the step up in difficulty. Summons-wise, nothing from tickets as usual, but two 10-pulls got me Nitocris (all I really wanted from this banner), Ozy, the new archer guy, a Black Grail and a Kaledioscope, so I'll take this as the game apologizing for all the time it wasted crashing earlier today.

I'm running an iPhone 5C, and while there have been rare crashes, the crashes are as common as they were before the update, so nothing noticeable. You should be fine now that the update is fully loaded.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Meanwhile, at 90 quartz and 8 tickets my only gold was...Beowulf? :psyduck: He spooked me last banner too.

So after complaining my bad luck I do another 10 roll and get...three copies of Nitocris? Is this game trying to drive me insane?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Transient People posted:

Touta is merely 'ok', and by that I mean he has a buster up 30% for 3 turns that heals him, a nerfed PfA and a max HP teamwide buff.

...Actually, I'm honestly not sure why he IS merely OK with that loving toolkit. That's a hella solid set of moves to have, being a combo of utility, solid selfbuffing and fuckin PfA. Dude is respectable as hell. Maybe it's because his attack is lowish?

Archers are a really good class in general.

Nito's not amazing, but not terrible.

Gologle posted:

"I don't recall granting you citizenship to the Holy City"

That's ice cold. Go loving live in the dog house, Mordred. What's worse is that she happily accepts it. Mordred's got issues.

Lancer Artoria is a jerk and it's good we are beating her up here.

That said, I'd love to have Rhongomyniad as a servant at some point to see her deal more. :v:

Nate RFB posted:

Smart Filtering is some real Good Civilization.

What does it do?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 28, 2018

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Man I just finished the main gate, and you guys weren't kidding about the difficulty spike. Jesus. That was dicier than some event trials.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Updated my supports on the friend list, still room for Goon friends, just lemme know it's you, or be on the list so I know I'm not adding randos.

455-059-060

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Cuntellectual posted:

What does it do?

IIRC it excludes stuff you can't level/skill up/ascend/etc from the normal sorting and just shoves'em to the bottom of the list.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kyte posted:

IIRC it excludes stuff you can't level/skill up/ascend/etc from the normal sorting and just shoves'em to the bottom of the list.

It's best use is in upgrading NP and CEs because it'll sort those to the top of the list.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Argas posted:

It's best use is in upgrading NP and CEs because it'll sort those to the top of the list.

Oh yeah it also bubbles up dupes, that is such a godsend.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Some spoilers for one of the mid way fights IE with Mordred.

https://imgur.com/a/xTmRz

Good comic though.

Also I can't get over referring to Lancer Artoria as 'he'.

ALPHA MALE OF CAMELOT!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mordred is good.

Sorta.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbf they make sure not to use the unarmored ascensions to the point of custom portraits

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Kitfox88 posted:

'oh hey, ozzy's on rate-up and i want him since he's cool, i'll do a 30 roll even though i have drake'

hmm.

thanks, gacha.

Goddamn, thought I had been lucky with my 2 nitos in 1 roll. We got the same CEs though

That's insane. Grats!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i'm a little confused

let's say i wanted a francis drake or nero claudius because they're awesome and i want my pirate/emperor buddy on my team

is my best bet to wait for them to feature on a particular banner or do i have to pull on the story banner and hope for the best

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

UHD posted:

i'm a little confused

let's say i wanted a francis drake or nero claudius because they're awesome and i want my pirate/emperor buddy on my team

is my best bet to wait for them to feature on a particular banner or do i have to pull on the story banner and hope for the best

You're better off waiting for them to show up on rate up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

UHD posted:

i'm a little confused

never roll story

nero will have a rate up in a couple months

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

okay cool i didn't know that was a thing in this game

back to saving quartz it is

thank you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got Nito :)

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

UHD posted:

i'm a little confused

Basically there's a general gacha pool and there's a story gacha pool. Certain servants that get added to the gacha from singularities are locked behind being story servants, meaning when they aren't on rate up you can only pull them from the story gacha but most are added to the general pool.

Story locked servants so far are: Salter, Cu Caster, Caster Gilles, Nero, Medea Lily, Tesla, Artoria Lancer Alter, Cu Alter, Medb, Li Shuwen and Edison, plus the knights of the round table in Camelot.

The story gacha never has specific servants on rate-up so you should never really pull on it, but rather wait for the story locked servants you want to be on the limited banner in a rate-up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also NA pretty much knows the banner schedule 2 years in advance so just ask here of there's a Servant you're interested in.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

UHD posted:

i'm a little confused

If you click on "summon info" you can see the odds of summoning a particular character. The odds of summoning Nero on the story banner is .1%.

As everyone else said, don't roll on the story banner.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Has Mordred got an increased chance to drop in the Camelot banner?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hey guys guess who managed to roll Ozy and NP4 Nitocris (and NP5 Touta and Serenity) and still has yet to see a single Saberlot.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Dude, Cursed Arm is way cool. It's astounding how much characterization he's received from the original visual novel.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pureauthor posted:

Hey guys guess who managed to roll Ozy and NP4 Nitocris (and NP5 Touta and Serenity) and still has yet to see a single Saberlot.

Probably a decent number of people, though I have it switched around with NP2 Ozy and NP3 Nitocris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

Dude, Cursed Arm is way cool. It's astounding how much characterization he's received from the original visual novel.

That's why I grailed him.