Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's a drat shame that they will have to rub magnets all over their hard drives and will never be able to multitask enough to provide any more updates while they move on to other games, even if it's content that was close to being finished.

Like, I get the urge to defend them from the drooling idiot entitled gamers on their official forums, but the way they've just gone complete scorched earth on any possibility of further development, ever, is a pretty lovely response to the lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Keep in mind they know more about the suit than we do, too. They might not see this working out in Cunningham's favor, in which case it's likely they won't even get to sell the game anymore.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
ANNOUNCING:

GOON SUMMER 4TH OF JULY BLOCK PARTY!

....of Death.

Head Counselor Tinfoil posted:

Well campers, it's that time of year again! Time for fireworks, hamburgers, reckless and drunken firearm handling, and murder!

This June 29th through July 8th please join our Discord to celebrate this 4th of July with our favorite vacation spot, a real "slice" of heaven: Camp Crystal Lake!

EVENT:

Well, not so much of an event as a good excuse to get together and play this broken stupid game we love. Nothing gets me thinking about Friday the 13th like those warm summer nights, so let's make the most of this holiday week / weekend and kill some lusty teenagers!

The Discord Bot:

We've added a Discord Bot known affectionately as: "SideShow Bot" to help us run a fun and gay minigame this week. The bot is able to track and display "points" for everyone on the server. The basic commands are:

$thanks @(Username) This will add points to the user of your choice.

$Score Shows your current score.

$Leaderboard here Displays the server point leaderboard.

The Goon Achievements!

To follow suit with the bot, I've developed a list of goon achievements to abide by during our PM's this week. The counselors or Jason have some goon-esque and challenging tasks - the reward of which is to force everyone in the Discord to grant them points for their feats of strength. If any of the rules contradict each other for points at the end of the match, do what you feel is right.

At the end of every match, please thank people according to the achievements below - if you don't have to thank anyone per the list, go ahead and thank whoever you like from that round!

Embrace destiny: In a car with at least two other counselors, intentionally drive into the lake. (Car passengers must thank you)

Screw you guys, I'm going home: After being a passenger in a car which was driven by another counselor into the lake - escape the map. (Jason and driver must thank you)

Best served cold: After being killed by a fellow counselor, kill that counselor as Tommy Jarvis. (in the same round) (Betray-er and Jason must thank you)

The Underdog: Kill 8/8 counselors as Jason II or IV. (All counselors must thank you)

The Duster challenge: Kill 8/8 counselors with any Jason using different environmental kills on each counselor. (All counselors must thank you)

The cult of Jenny: Timeout a match as Jenny. (All counselors and Jason must thank you)

Party! With at least two other counselors doing the same, dance uninterrupted for five minutes anywhere there is an active radio. (Jason and all non-dancing counselors must thank a random party-er)

Crasher: As Jason, interrupt a Party attempt. (All dancers must thank you)

Grillmaster: As Jason, kill at least three counselors with the fireplace or campfire environmental kills in the same game. (All grilled counselors must thank you)

Independence Day: Stunlock Jason with two or more fireworks. (Jason must thank you)

Surprise Mothafucka: As Jason, have a counselor open a door to you within grab range while you're stalking. (Ye who poo poo their pants must thank you)

The Fucker: Escape alone in a vehicle which has not been started yet and you had absolutely nothing to do with repairing. (All counselors must thank you)

Clever Girl: Escape in a car where Jason had stopped the car and you never got out of a passenger seat. (Anyone who died in the clusterfuck you avoided thanks you)

UBER: Escape in a vehicle where you make three separate stops to pick people up. (all passengers must thank you)

DIE DIE DIE Killing Jason. (Jason must thank Sweater, all others must randomly thank sweater or Tommy)

Beat the odds: Win a game of "Jason roulette" (All counselors thank the winner)

Bad touch: In a game of "Left Behind" with Burk as Jason, call the police. (All counselors and Jason thanks you, overrides any other rules)

S C A R Y T E R R Y: Get a female to join the goon FR13 discord and play a PM. (All counselors and Jason thanks you, overrides any other rules)

The life of Burk: Get your Tommy Jarvis killed (non-suicide or betrayal) within 30 seconds of spawning. (Jason thanks you)

The Final Chapter: Kill Tinfoil Papercut's Jason Voorhees. (All Discord users must thank both Tommy and Sweater)

The Great White Burk: Burk is a known foil to normal games. He causes bugs, memory leaks, and random shenannagans never thought possible. Burk therefore is a force of randomness to be reckoned with and will make your points distribute accordingly.

Killing Burk as a counselor: (You must thank Burk)

Getting killed by Burk as a counselor (where Burk is not TJ): (You must thank Burk)

Killing Burk (as counselor) AFTER he has killed someone in that game (also as counselor): (All counselors thank you, Jason thanks Burk)

Escape in a vehicle with Burk driving: (Every counselor and Jason thanks Burk)

Be the victim of a gamebreaking / hilarious bug in a game with Burk. (All counselors thank Burk, Jason thanks the bug victim)

Burk is the last counselor alive for Jason (Where Burk is not TJ): (All counselors thank Jason)

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 28, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Might have to actually play before Halloween now!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

https://giant.gfycat.com/SplendidThreadbareArcticfox.webm

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 27, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So what I'm hearing is that I need to play extra good on the fourth

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

So what I'm hearing is that I need to play extra good on the fourth

Just be you, Burk. Just be you.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
This sucks. I am gone all week on family vacation.

Silver lining: I am gone all week on family vacation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DrNutt posted:

It's a drat shame that they will have to rub magnets all over their hard drives and will never be able to multitask enough to provide any more updates while they move on to other games, even if it's content that was close to being finished.

Like, I get the urge to defend them from the drooling idiot entitled gamers on their official forums, but the way they've just gone complete scorched earth on any possibility of further development, ever, is a pretty lovely response to the lawsuit.

I'd much rather they tell us that it's over than string us along on the faint hope that things can get resolved in 6 years or however long the mess takes to get sorted out.

If things somehow miraculously get resolved and they're able to resume work on the game while still having the servers up and the license and kane hodder and tom savini and all those guys are still available and all these other highly unlikely factors line up and the game gets updates again, that'll be a fun surprise, but it'd be irresponsible of them to leave that door open for the players only to shut it down when things don't work out.

Like they're literally doing the opposite of what the insane playerbase is accusing them of.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 28, 2018

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I'd much rather they tell us that it's over than string us along on the faint hope that things can get resolved in 6 years or however long the mess takes to get sorted out.

If things somehow miraculously get resolved and they're able to resume work on the game while still having the servers up and the license and kane hodder and tom savini and all those guys are still available and all these other highly unlikely factors line up and the game gets updates again, that'll be a fun surprise, but it'd be irresponsible of them to leave that door open for the players only to shut it down when things don't work out.

Like they're literally doing the opposite of what the insane playerbase is accusing them of.

They've already officially announced that it's over and all they can do is bug fixes and maintenance.

https://www.pcgamer.com/friday-the-13th-gets-permanently-axed/

quote:

"I wanted to address a few questions that I’ve had sent to me personally, as well as questions we’ve received through the official F13 channels. These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. 'Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?'," Gun Media founder and president Wes Keltner wrote on the Friday the 13th forums. "The answer is no."

"Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business."

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 28, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So yeah, it's over. The game that would have evolved to include everything a Ft13th fan could dream of. It really sucks, I know, but this is the law. They cant just sit around, as much as we'd like them to.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The plus side is if everything works out

We could get a sequel with all this poo poo in it and more

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm just still really pissed they iron claded their game files so you cant mess with them at all RIGHT before they stop development. You cant even do the ini edit to let you take a counselor on a tour of a map, which I always held up hope for as a special mode.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Burkion posted:

"Friday the 13th: The Game: Part 2" is powerfully on brand

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Burkion posted:

:yeah:

Part II could rule.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Personally I think I'm done with this developer. The game ended up being way too janky for $40.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Isn't Uber Jason already made? If the lawsuit ended with the writer losing, why would it not be easy to just have that come out?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spacebump posted:

Isn't Uber Jason already made? If the lawsuit ended with the writer losing, why would it not be easy to just have that come out?

They would have to alter the game to release him, which counts as adding content, even if he's already done and in the code (he's not 100% done)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm just still really pissed they iron claded their game files so you cant mess with them at all RIGHT before they stop development. You cant even do the ini edit to let you take a counselor on a tour of a map, which I always held up hope for as a special mode.

Some crazy Russian hacker will probably have that undone soon enough

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

Some crazy Russian hacker will probably have that undone soon enough

You have learned nothing from Hot Coffee. They won't allow it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Let the 4th of July killing COMMENCE!

:sandance:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Zaffy posted:

You have learned nothing from Hot Coffee. They won't allow it.

Speaking of which, I'd like to introduce my new mod for F13

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Spacebump posted:

Wes posted a tweet about that

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1011372320408170497

I wonder if they shoved out single player challenges being fairly buggy knowing it was now or never :smith: At least they can bug fix and hopefully add a skip button to the intros

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

Wes posted a tweet about that

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1011372320408170497

I wonder if they shoved out single player challenges being fairly buggy knowing it was now or never :smith: At least they can bug fix and hopefully add a skip button to the intros

This has been my assumption since learning about the lawsuit. I think they wanted to get the engine change and single player challenges done since those were the two biggest things on the roadmap.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If every update in this game genuinely got 3 weeks of QA just loving lmao

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well come on down and enjoy the bonfire tonight goons

We're gonna be camping something fierce

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Regrettable posted:

This has been my assumption since learning about the lawsuit. I think they wanted to get the engine change and single player challenges done since those were the two biggest things on the roadmap.

I hope they eventually tell us what Paranoia was going to be about. My guess was always Pamela gamemode, where she looks like another counselor so the survivors always have to wonder if the person they're helping is the killer.

I know Gun says it's game over, and they'd know more about the lawsuit than the public, but I still can't help but hope :saddowns:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

weekly font posted:

If every update in this game genuinely got 3 weeks of QA just loving lmao

This is the sort of game where QA is a laborious process and you're guaranteed to not catch everything, since it's entirely emergent and there are a lot of context-sensitive commands. It's not like a single-player game where a lot of the environment is binary and you've planned most of the encounters; it's a giant kitten-pile of potential conflicts and the only way forward is to fix on fail.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know it's a good game when you help someone (almost) escape and then go hunt down the bastard that sold you out in the previous game.

Especially when you basically spawn with a shotgun.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Easily my favorite moment in any game is when you have a teamkiller/saboteur and you snitch on them to Jason and Jason is cool and goes and fucks them up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1013134562505961472
https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1013135572049809408

:stonk:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kane Hodder is a wonderful human being who is down for a lot of stupid bullshit

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Latest Goon match: Composerguy walks into Pakanack lodge as Jason VIII, discovers Burk dancing alone over the corpses of 3 people he has killed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just before that, Icey is Jason, killing and stylin

I'm a giant yellow canary that fucks around and does nothing but prep the phone to be used

Everyone dies trying to do it, Composer escapes in the two seater, I'm on the stairs dancing waiting to die

Match ends, I win, I survive. Icey did not drop, we don't know what happened, we don't know why it happened. We didn't run the time out

Oh and Ozone got dropped HARD by the game.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/938321006099228177/F374B0AA3DB9750D83641FEAB7E9F767111EF966/

Time did not run out, no one but Ozone dropped, no answers to be had.

Tonight was a good night.

Also Composer became a car centaur

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Burkion posted:

Also Composer became a car centaur

Oh, look. My new fetish.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wew the discord turned into a hot garbage fire.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

Wew the discord turned into a hot garbage fire.

What, people complaining about SA?

Or other issues?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Burkion posted:

What, people complaining about SA?

Or other issues?

Yeah can't lie, dipped out from that poo poo yesterday, between the guy unironically getting super bent out of shape about "cultural marxism" and GBS apparently being full of communists (:lol:) and Tinfoil getting in with "You probably shouldn't tell traps to kill themselves like Duster but" the place wasn't feeling great.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah can't lie, dipped out from that poo poo yesterday, between the guy unironically getting super bent out of shape about "cultural marxism" and GBS apparently being full of communists (:lol:) and Tinfoil getting in with "You probably shouldn't tell traps to kill themselves like Duster but" the place wasn't feeling great.

That's fair.

If the lawsuit ever resolves and we get a sequel, hopefully we'll get to play together again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Just pop in rule34 and avail yourself of the many beautiful images shared by Phyresis to take your mind off the bullshit

• Locked thread