Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DKD
Dec 25, 2011
But I thought we wanted to get rid of internment camps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I told a hardcore MAGA old dude how my grandpa had been in a New Deal work camp and he said 'whats that?'

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

DKD posted:

But I thought we wanted to get rid of internment camps

Alright, new plan: We clone FDR, but make sure he's always followed by a guy who will smack him any time he tries to do something racist.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Alright, new plan: We clone FDR, but make sure he's always followed by a guy who will smack him any time he tries to do something racist.

Clone Smedley Butler and have him do it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also have him stop FDR from getting handsy with his cousins

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Better cousins than daughters, I guess.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Godholio posted:

Better cousins than daughters, I guess.

Daughters?

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

Daughters?

Referring to Trump always creeping on Ivanka.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jokers Gamble posted:

Referring to Trump always creeping on Ivanka.

Right but ivanka is his only daughter :confused:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

Right but ivanka is his only daughter :confused:

Poor loving Tiffany. Fuckin’ :lol:

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

To be fair, I doubt Trump remembers she exists most of the time too.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

redneck nazgul posted:

gently caress. That.

We clone one general and one general only.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I'd be vigilant about security because those people are loving nuts and willing to shoot up anything

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

psydude posted:

The DSA should rebrand themselves as the Average Joe Party

Stalin was anything but average.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'd be vigilant about security because those people are loving nuts and willing to shoot up anything

This could be the turning point. If the KKK runs over a loving giraffe as ToysRUs closes its last few doors...

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

She probably wakes up every day hoping nobody knows who she is.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

redneck nazgul posted:

While we're at it, clone John Brown for Attorney General.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bell_ posted:

While we're at it, clone John Brown for Attorney General.

Hell no. John Brown was too stupid to realize that if you were going to start a slave revolt, you should probably go someplace that had a lot of slaves.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Godholio posted:

This could be the turning point. If the KKK runs over a loving giraffe as ToysRUs closes its last few doors...

She probably wakes up every day hoping happy nobody knows who she is.

ftfy

If we're cloning historical figures, how about Teddy for some good ole-fashioned trust busting.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Did anyone else not know that Justice Kennedy's son loaned Trump 1 billion dollars? How was this not front page news in every paper in America. It's buried in this:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/us/politics/trump-anthony-kennedy-retirement.html

quote:

But they had a connection, one Mr. Trump was quick to note in the moments after his first address to Congress in February 2017. As he made his way out of the chamber, Mr. Trump paused to chat with the justice.

“Say hello to your boy,” Mr. Trump said. “Special guy.”

Mr. Trump was apparently referring to Justice Kennedy’s son, Justin. The younger Mr. Kennedy spent more than a decade at Deutsche Bank, eventually rising to become the bank’s global head of real estate capital markets, and he worked closely with Mr. Trump when he was a real estate developer, according to two people with knowledge of his role.

During Mr. Kennedy’s tenure, Deutsche Bank became Mr. Trump’s most important lender, dispensing well over $1 billion in loans to him for the renovation and construction of skyscrapers in New York and Chicago at a time other mainstream banks were wary of doing business with him because of his troubled business history.

How hosed are we when something like that goes completely under the radar.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
This poo poo runs so loving deep

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So it turns out it's pretty easy to join the DSA and there are multiple chapters in my area. Going to start attending meetings. :getin:

https://www.dsausa.org/chapters

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lmao

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?clipId=1427650

Watch through end

Edit:

YouTube mirror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpFi8E3Evek

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 29, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:wtc:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Meth'd up rough neck and his gf lmao

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

I take back everything I ever said about shooting non-compliant suspects.

Hold down the entrance and let the magic happen.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Cops in Canada generally aren't at a large risk of being shot by someone, at least not nearly as much as American cops.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Godholio posted:

She probably wakes up every day hoping nobody knows who she is.

Jeffrey sessions

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Victor Vermis posted:

I take back everything I ever said about shooting non-compliant suspects.

Hold down the entrance and let the magic happen.

Pepper spray then force compliance on his legs with a wooden baton.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1012657036474109952?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Best Friends posted:

Did anyone else not know that Justice Kennedy's son loaned Trump 1 billion dollars? How was this not front page news in every paper in America.

The really lovely part is that it completely doesn't matter. Supreme Court Justices have no hard-and-fast recusal rules that they have to follow. The standard is that a Justice recuses when they feel they can't be impartial.

Alito is going to recuse from a newly-granted case (in the past, regarding stocks and financial shut that he owns) and Kagan used to recuse from any case she argued on behalf of the Obama Administration when she was Solicitor General. Neither of them actually *had* to do it.

Also, Supreme Court Justice impeachment has the same standard as impeaching the President of the United States.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Can Trump even do this without approval from Congress?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

DO IT YOU FAT gently caress.

Hell if I can’t get off this train I’m gonna ride it all the way to the apocalypse

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

psydude posted:

Can Trump even do this without approval from Congress?

Article sounds like there's a goofy split. President can announce the withdrawal to the WTO, but the actual withdrawal has to be done through Congress, as Congress implemented the WTO stuff into US law and said that only an Act of Congress can modify it.

Would still absolutely turbofuck everything if it was announced.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Only trump can end capitalism

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm trying to figure out where he even got the idea. Anybody watch Fox & Morons this morning?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The article says he's thought about it a bunch already. I'm guessing one of his Russian advisors keep telling him that the WTO is holding him back or something

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The line of thinking is probably WTO=old bad trade deals, Leave WTO=bigly good one-sided new deals

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm trying to figure out where he even got the idea. Anybody watch Fox & Morons this morning?

Trump hates multilateral agreements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Crashing the world economy to own the libs

• Locked thread