Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MarcusSA posted:

This event game is 100% whale bait right? Like you can recharge with cores sooo....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
The final stage of the Hard Ant-Man campaign is such a leap in difficulty. I 3-starred all the rest but I can't even clear this one. Rocket Raccoon + Groot is such a deadly combo.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

This game is absolutely horrible at making me want to whale tbh

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Maxy Boy posted:

The final stage of the Hard Ant-Man campaign is such a leap in difficulty. I 3-starred all the rest but I can't even clear this one. Rocket Raccoon + Groot is such a deadly combo.

I feel you. I've tried so many times, best I got was one star.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I 3*'ed the last one in one try but have 2*ed the 6th level four times in a row.

If it helps at all, I switched Quake out for NN on the last one because I figured I had aunt man's slow already. Hold onto it until the second wave pops up.

I just noticed that ant man has an avengers tag but wasp does not. Lol?

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 28, 2018

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Probably going for movie team tags.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I'm Windborn.. Thought I mentioned that. ;)

On the upside, I had you marked already. On the downside, I am a dumb.

edit: Blah. Double-post.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I 3*ed everything on my first attempt with Cap BW Yondu Gamora Quake for what it’s worth.

9 orbs minimum to unlock Antman at 2*, I think most people should get him before the event ends. You need to do Hard though since it has the guaranteed drops on first clear and drops more orb pieces than easy/medium. The text is kind of confusing; there’s zero reason to do easy or medium unless you’re a new player, jump straight to hard. I’m going to push for 3* and maybe more since he’s such a good character. 3 orb pulls so far and I’m at 30/45 shards.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

2 orb pulls so far. 10 shards. It’s Thomas and DP all over again.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
If you're shooting for a 5* ant man you need 62 pulls if you pull 5 shards each pull. 124,000 ant thingies is way too many.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

zeroskippy posted:

If you're shooting for a 5* ant man you need 62 pulls if you pull 5 shards each pull. 124,000 ant thingies is way too many.

Lol how much energy is that? A metric poo poo load for sure.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Lol how much energy is that? A metric poo poo load for sure.

Well if you zero out all the nodes in each story mode you only get 143k so.... $5k worth of cores?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wish I was a fat cat CEO and dropped 20k a month like it’s chump change.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone else's game just.. stop working? I can go to the menus and hit all the buttons and they don't do anything. I force-closed and re-opened, no change.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I just requested to join the alliance as "greetdeath". I play this stupid game every day.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Which alliance? There’s a bunch.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Gooner in IAG, you've been three days out and we're trying to clear room for consolidation. You still playing? We currently have three pubbies to bolster ranks but semi-annoyingly 2 of them are consistently at the top of the raid board.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
loving hell the SHIELD route on the raid sucks balls. Dropped my 50 energy and I have a sub 700k score. They really need to bolster how much that route costs. You're completely kneecapping yourself going that way compared to the easy 1mil I could get going a greedier route after 50 energy.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Eh the rewards for 100%ing the thing are close enough that it doesn't really matter.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Makes a difference over the long term though. Going a greedy route you can place in the 1-2 or 3-6, SHIELD route means you get the 7-12 or 13-24 pretty much guaranteed. So you're missing about 10 purple ability mats, 800 blue orbs and 600 purple orbs per run. All adds up.

Side note, Catmen you've got under 24 hours to sound off.

ClumsyHandjob
Dec 27, 2012
I would like to join an alliance with some chillax people. I'm level 44 and East Coast and have no idea what I'm doing. My name in game is JudgeBredd.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I highly recommend getting in on discord. There's a browser version if you don't want to download anything but the phoneapp is pretty nice and lightweight.

ClumsyHandjob
Dec 27, 2012
Got it. Will do.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Raids being a competition is stupid as gently caress anyways.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

loving hell the SHIELD route on the raid sucks balls. Dropped my 50 energy and I have a sub 700k score. They really need to bolster how much that route costs. You're completely kneecapping yourself going that way compared to the easy 1mil I could get going a greedier route after 50 energy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Okay seriously, is anyone else having problems doing ANYTHING in the app after this update? I'm getting crashes, error messages, freezes where I can visit any menu I want but pushing the buttons does nothing..

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Nope but the game is buggy as poo poo might have to reinstall.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guys join the discords. Ask for invites there too. Thanks.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
In CSS as sa fuzzbox. I'm still active just had a lot.of weird stuff at work thats killed how much time I have. Work should started slowing down though so hopefully I can get back up to full speed.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Temper your Thanos expectations. Unless your Alliance is 100% the level 60 raid, you're only getting Mega Orb fragments for rewards.
Which is better than nothing, to be sure, but you're probably not going to make much if any headway on Thomas.

PegLegActual
Sep 11, 2001

Real Pirate. Real Amputee. Limping Through Life.
Full time active in CSS as BlueDaddy. Cruising along at about 95k. Hopefully more now that I can actually get phosphates.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

One last time:

Just can’t stress enough how crucial discord is. First off, it’s awesome. Secondly, just like every marvel game goons do, the communities are bar none some of the best in SA. If you want to stay in the loop with what’s new, coming to the game, strategies, ask questions to get answers immediately or just want to make some friends, please join up. I’m going to promote the two discord’s:

https://discord.gg/tneWgZy --- The official Marvel Strike Force discord. A phenomenal community. This is a must join.

https://discord.gg/FpcuPXM --- A giant goon discord for Strike Force (the Hebrons are here and tons of you others in the official), other marvel games and other games period. If you want to sit in amongst a great community that has channels for many upcoming games (like Battlefield V, will do Monster Hunter PC) and other games that already are out, or just want to join some general chat or sports/current events talk, join up.

In about a week, I’m going to take over the OP, just right out from under Diabetic’s grip. I love you diabetes but we need more people to see this game. It’s incredibly fun, even if FoxNews has no idea how to get people to whale correctly.

Download Discord today on your PHONE or PC. Search the App Store on your phone to do it there. Pc is discordapp.com.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Everyone stresses the Discord.. what do you guy talk about in there that can't be discussed like.. here or in the in-game chat? I don't see the need for a secondary chat app outside of a game that has a guild chat feature and the forums.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We post pictures of stuff from the game. We type longer messages than what in game chat allows. Sometimes we hope for quick responses from folks if we need help or have an immediate question.

You get to just interact better if that’s something you want.

(No, you’re not required to have discord. You can do whatever you want! It’s just a strong suggestion and I only say that because I think all of us across the plethora of goon discord channels would agree that we have a lot of fun and have made some great friendships along the way).

That’s why I, me, this guy, advocates for it so much.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

Everyone stresses the Discord.. what do you guy talk about in there that can't be discussed like.. here or in the in-game chat? I don't see the need for a secondary chat app outside of a game that has a guild chat feature and the forums.

As you progress through the raids it becomes more important to communicate with one another (so you can plan out routes and the such). Discord makes this a lot easier since each alliance has its own sub channel to chat in. It’s fun to shoot the breeze there, since everyone there plays this silly phone game way too much and we’re all becoming a really tight knit and welcoming community in a way that isn’t really reflected by the posts in this thread.

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 29, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

New Leaf posted:

Personally I find discord easier to check and read than the forums, and much easier to write on than in-game chat. Discord also allows raid leaders to alert members if raid progress is at like 99.8% and we just need someone to stare menacingly at the last node.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 29, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Still seems like a lot of effort for a silly phone game.

What's the deal with these mega-orbs that were given out? I got less than a full orb worth of bits and you can't exactly farm them.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
They give you a lot of shards for one particular character and yeah, they're hard to come by.

if you were in the discord you'd know and you'd laugh at the poor goons who get 50 ronan shards or something

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Discord owns. Come listen to me rant every store update about how advanced mri aren’t in yet. We’re well over a week.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Maxy Boy posted:

They give you a lot of shards for one particular character and yeah, they're hard to come by.

if you were in the discord you'd know and you'd laugh at the poor goons who get 50 ronan shards or something

No I'm aware of what mega orbs are, I was asking why some people got enough shards for full orbs and others didn't. I got like 1500 shards and a lot of other people got full orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

New Leaf posted:

No I'm aware of what mega orbs are, I was asking why some people got enough shards for full orbs and others didn't. I got like 1500 shards and a lot of other people got full orbs.

I believe depending on how well you did in the last Mordo blitz you got a certain amount of fragments. If you placed 1-10% you were guaranteed a Mega Orb. I didn't look much into it past that but I'd imagine placing lower would only get you a certain amount of fragments towards an orb.

• Locked thread