Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well ok good that nobody here is claiming that then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

wow ok are we done being gigantic debbie downers in this thread already

bless u all with weed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Have you ever seen smoked a bowl outside and looked around and realized that there's a whole bird world out there?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yes

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Legal weed will be great, but I hit up my guy earlier tonight and within like an hour he was at my place with an ounce, a cartridge, and we each did a dab of this poo poo: https://hightimes.com/guides/what-are-ice-wax-extracts/

Truly I am blessed :angel:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

bagmonkey posted:

Have you ever seen smoked a bowl outside and looked around and realized that there's a whole bird world out there?

Birds are constantly starving, like most other wildlife. Really makes you think. Humans are no 1.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Legal weed will be great, but I hit up my guy earlier tonight and within like an hour he was at my place with an ounce, a cartridge, and we each did a dab of this poo poo: https://hightimes.com/guides/what-are-ice-wax-extracts/

Truly I am blessed :angel:

That’s pretty cool, but it led me to an article about Arizona labeling Marijuana and Cannabis as different substances, with cannabis being any sort of extract pretty much, and even though the Medpot law there said anything made from marijuana flower is okay, the courts are saying carts and shatter and oil are the narcotic cannabis and not marijuana. Because even though the medpot law covered extracts, Arizona law from pre 1960 had defined any sort of extract as cannabis, a separate substance, and well, since the medpot law didn’t legalize cannabis (only “marijuana”), that must mean vape pens are an illegal narcotic!

Wtf.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah there's a lot of places where getting caught with a cartridge or a gram of wax can technically get you in more trouble than an ounce of flower, or even places where flower is decriminalized but you can still get in trouble for concentrates. It should clear up slowly but surely once it becomes common understanding that it's about as retarded as allowing beer and wine but banning hard liquor.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Yeah there's a lot of places where getting caught with a cartridge or a gram of wax can technically get you in more trouble than an ounce of flower, or even places where flower is decriminalized but you can still get in trouble for concentrates.

in the Netherlands flower (which is still just called weed there) is completely legal and big cities have "coffeeshops" all over the place where you can sit around openly smoking joints all day (or in some towns after 5pm) and you can also buy really good strong hash over the counter, but any kind of oil or wax concentrate - even cbd - is considered "hard drugs" and can get you in huge trouble. it doesnt make any sense to me but then neither do most American drug laws

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

i recently moved from NYC to the outskirts of LA in a very lush and bird-filled area, and now i sit outside stoned watching and listening to birds all the time. theres a lot of drama in the bird world

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Tolerance has reached that sucky point where I feel kinda hosed up if I don't vape weed, and normal when I do. Grr.
I should do this every other day really.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
To be fair dabbing does look quite a bit like you're doing hard drugs what with all the specialized equipment and blowtorches.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

in the Netherlands flower (which is still just called weed there) is completely legal and big cities have "coffeeshops" all over the place where you can sit around openly smoking joints all day (or in some towns after 5pm) and you can also buy really good strong hash over the counter, but any kind of oil or wax concentrate - even cbd - is considered "hard drugs" and can get you in huge trouble. it doesnt make any sense to me but then neither do most American drug laws

Huh, I didn't know that, but I guess looking back you're right, I never saw hide nor hair of concentrates out there.

OTOH Barcelona has this weird situation where all the coffee shop type places were "members-only collectives" (membership was like 10-20EU/year) where you legally aren't actually buying weed, but instead you're donating to the collective and just enjoying your share of the harvest or something. But they deffo had concentrates over there - I had a :downs: moment where I was trying to describe a piece for smoking concentrates, and it turns out they use the term "rig" just like we do.

weed laws are silly everywhere, I guess.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Trip report the ounce I just picked up is Critical Kush and holy poo poo is it more up my alley then the last couple o's of Gorilla Glue #4 I got

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Earwicker posted:

in the Netherlands flower (which is still just called weed there)
We just call it weed too.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've heard rumblings about how the term marijuana vs cannabis has racial connotations but I also kind of think that may be some white people nonsense

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Remember when that space man took a big bag of weed into space and smoked it all? That was pretty cool.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

I've heard rumblings about how the term marijuana vs cannabis has racial connotations but I also kind of think that may be some white people nonsense

The plant’s called cannabis, the Mexican slang was marijuana, and American media popularized the slang term during the Reefer Madness era to tie it to the scary brown people who were going to rape your (white) women.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
Amsterdam was pretty cool, even minus no vape carts or crumble. I was there about a month ago, really enjoyed the vibe and will prob end up moving there.

The weed I sampled was decent, not as good as the medical here but the culture + environment more than made up for it, lol. I’m sure there’s some amazing bud over there, just not in all the tourist trap coffeeshops.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I love oil pens. I love that I can sit around in public and get lit and it doesn't even register as strange cause vapes are so common.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jim Barris posted:

I love oil pens. I love that I can sit around in public and get lit and it doesn't even register as strange cause vapes are so common.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

As a huge lightweight (3 hits from my vape and I'm good for a while) with flower, how ridiculous would going to butter or concentrates be?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Jim Barris posted:

:same:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jim Barris posted:

yeah they are super great and make travel so much more pleasant as well

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I asked this in the vape thread, but since we’re on the topic here:

I just bought a dab pen and am trying to get a sense about how to store concentrate. I have two grams of pretty gummy “shatter,” each gram wrapped in parchment paper and stored in a an individual envelope. Right now, I’ve got them in a mason jar with my flower, but should I be chilling/freezing them? Some sites say I shouldn’t or they’ll get exposed to moisture, some say chill just before use, etc.

I guess while I’m here — anyone use good third party dab tools? I got a scraper with the pen, but it feels like a pretty mediocre experience.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
https://hightimes.com/guides/how-to-properly-store-cannabis-concentrates/

This looks like it should have the info you're looking for. I've never done anything above vaping so I can't give you direct info, but that page looks good.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Store it in these jars and load it with these picks :)

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thanks you both. I think my consistency may not work with a glass jar, but those picks look legit.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Jim Barris posted:

Hate to break it to ya buddy but everyone knows you're blazebaked as gently caress and are judging you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Don't listen to ferroq he hates fun. People know you're blazing but mostly they're wishing they could be blazing too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Deciding "hey that person is rad" is a judgement, in a way

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I'm pretty fuckin' high my dudes

*whispers* on weeeed

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Don't listen to ferroq he hates fun. People know you're blazing but mostly they're wishing they could be blazing too.

TBF it's always safe to assume that your weed isn't anywher near as stealthy as you think

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Improbable Lobster posted:

TBF it's always safe to assume that your weed isn't anywher near as stealthy as you think

people vaping with those enormous nicotine contraptions blow out HUGE clouds. If you're vaping cannabis in public, take HUGE long drags to fool the naked eye! :science:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

i recently moved from NYC to the outskirts of LA in a very lush and bird-filled area, and now i sit outside stoned watching and listening to birds all the time. theres a lot of drama in the bird world

The Blue Jays that live near by had another baby bird and constantly fighting with the robins. I watch all of this while smoking a bowl and it's drat fascinating.

Also watching squirrels get drunk on fermented mulberries. That poo poo is hilarious.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I asked a friend about this recently because I have very little shame in my game. He confirmed most people are just jealous.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

phytodabs has grams of pure cbd on sale for :20bux:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sometimes I think about the fact that we all have a thing in our pocket that can go "you are here" and it's part of normal life now. Guess I imagine trying to explain to the explorers of the past "oh yeah every random idiot can just be told exactly how to get places no matter how lost they get" thanks to :science: that is practically magic. Except it's all straight forward physics and math.

Living in the future is awesome.

Edit: and then I go to Youtube which is a giant collective radio/TV that everyone can both broadcast and watch anytime without spending a penny.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Lol ur so high rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003