Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

avshalom strikes again

http://www.abc.net.au/news/9923074

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Death is Shorten?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Gridlocked posted:

Death is Shorten?

*checks notes*

yes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
DEATH WATCH

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SA best state confirmed

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/29/how-do-you-play-fortnite-my-week-of-trying-to-get-addicted-to-the-must-play-game

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

worst timeline for stupidest country

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Jesus what was the point of that?

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I love guardians 40 yr old progressive mummy stories

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Finally something that can bring the country together.

'Video Programs? how do they work? Do they work?Let's find out.'

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mad Katter posted:

content

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Mad Katter posted:

I can't do basic investigative work, but my boss has already paid for an article and still expects something.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

trunkh posted:

Finally something that can bring the country together.

'Video Programs? how do they work? Do they work?Let's find out.'

What are birds? We just don't know.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

straight to my veins. i wrote a discord bot that takes her tweets and makes markov chains out of them. easily the most banal and least interesting person on the planet. but the markovs are excellent for a laugh

delaneybot posted:

On strong recommendation from my boss @lenoretaylor & others -- I have just booked an 11 day airbnb stay somewhere in Hobart have a spare Xbox they could be actually DOING WORLD PEACE STUFF

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

My colleague First Dog on the Moon replies. He has an Xbox and will bring it into Hobart (a two-hour round trip from his home) when he comes in on Saturday night to watch the wrestling at Night Mass.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The kicker is that she goes clubbing and forgets about First Dog so he leaves the Xbox at her hotel reception and it goes missing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
gently caress me, Shorten is a *checks notes* gutless sack of poo poo.

Someone roll this guy for someone who actually gives a poo poo about this country and doesn't listen to the constant whining of the right wing media. They're going to hate you no matter what you do Labor, stop trying to appease them.

EDIT: I look forward to the LNP spending all of Labor's next term crying about a budget emergency and all our current spending being handed off to us as debt to service to hand more money to business and boomer investors.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm reading that only third world countries have plastic waste in their waterways so the plastic bag thing is totally unnecessary

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

gently caress me, Shorten is a *checks notes* gutless sack of poo poo.

Someone roll this guy for someone who actually gives a poo poo about this country and doesn't listen to the constant whining of the right wing media. They're going to hate you no matter what you do Labor, stop trying to appease them.

EDIT: I look forward to the LNP spending all of Labor's next term crying about a budget emergency and all our current spending being handed off to us as debt to service to hand more money to business and boomer investors.

They're trying to appease Australians who are by and large fuckwits.

I remember making calls to nursing federation members a few years back and 1/3 said they didn't care about health funding and that there should be more private hospitals.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Speaking of which

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/gallery/2018/jun/24/night-massacre-tasmanias-first-wrestling-deathmatch-in-pictures

Who the gently caress even does deathmatches anymore? Even Nick Gage stopped and Jimmy Havoc is fine not doing death.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

They're trying to appease Australians who are by and large fuckwits.

I remember making calls to nursing federation members a few years back and 1/3 said they didn't care about health funding and that there should be more private hospitals.

It's just yet another ratchet that fucks us long term. This is the one chance to head this off, because 5 years from now it's going to be entrenched and then all "LABOR SLAPS HUGE TAX ON MEDIUM BUSINESS" you need to stop it before it begins because otherwise you're entirely stuck with it and the deficit grows and the costs get handed on. I'd been starting to feel a positive feeling about Labor but it's gone again gently caress them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

It's just yet another ratchet that fucks us long term. This is the one chance to head this off, because 5 years from now it's going to be entrenched and then all "LABOR SLAPS HUGE TAX ON MEDIUM BUSINESS" you need to stop it before it begins because otherwise you're entirely stuck with it and the deficit grows and the costs get handed on. I'd been starting to feel a positive feeling about Labor but it's gone again gently caress them.

I know bud. They're basically looking at the UK and snap polls then psyching themselves out or letting "cooler heads prevail" by fence sitting.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I know bud. They're basically looking at the UK and snap polls then psyching themselves out or letting "cooler heads prevail" by fence sitting.

:(:hf::(

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

snoremac posted:

The kicker is that she goes clubbing and forgets about First Dog so he leaves the Xbox at her hotel reception and it goes missing.

So first dog is like that goon that carried the printer?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

THEY DON'T PAY TAX ALREADY

THEY OFFSHORE THAT poo poo

WHY CUT TAXES WHEN THEY PAY 0 FUCKEN TAXES gently caress

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
A tax on sugar is a tax on consumption and applies to all consumption.
A tax on business is a tax on profit and only applies if they make money.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Lots of fatty boom bah small business boomers getting cranky.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Well looks like we got cut off from ADSL eight days before our NBN service is supposed to start. Fantastic.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
my favourite memory of ADSL was when someone accidentally put my phone number as theirs when switching their provider so I was cut off for 4 weeks

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Reclines Obesily posted:

my favourite memory of ADSL was when someone accidentally put my phone number as theirs when switching their provider so I was cut off for 4 weeks

Mine was when we were moving and they cut us off three weeks early and then didn't reconnect us for another four afterwards

Obliterate Telstra

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Dodo is set up, you can now contact Optus and cancel

*calls and cancels*

Oh now you did that early it’ll be a month before we can connect it again!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I have a MyRepublic connection getting 90 down and 30 up or something like that.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

I have a MyRepublic connection getting 90 down and 30 up or something like that.

I'm thinking of going with MyRepublic. To save me a second of googling, do they do deals with landlines included?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Starshark posted:

I'm thinking of going with MyRepublic. To save me a second of googling, do they do deals with landlines included?

Are you a boomer?

What kind of weirdo has a landline in tyool 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Starshark posted:

To save me a second of googling

IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE TO HELP YOU FELLOW POSTER

They do the voip landline thing from memory. I'm not a landline expert though and don't know if this is de riguer for having a landline in the modern age.

norp posted:

Are you a boomer?

P sure there are a lot of people out there that still need health/security monitoring and other poo poo done over landline.

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 29, 2018

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

norp posted:

Are you a boomer?

My in-laws have only just figured out how to use push-button phones. Mobiles are going to take some training.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE TO HELP YOU FELLOW POSTER

They do the voip landline thing from memory. I'm not a landline expert though and don't know if this is de riguer for having a landline in the modern age.

P sure there are a lot of people out there that still need health/security monitoring and other poo poo done over landline.

I'll check them out. Thanks!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My mum got her first iphone a couple of weeks ago and worked out how to emoji on Monday :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
My dad calls me up for crossword puzzle answers even though my mom has a laptop and knows how to google because he won't have a truck with that internet poo poo.