Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fleetwood posted:

I'm "never-ending government handouts for all"

Isn't strange how Infowars weirdos obsess over government this and that but want a much powerful law enforcement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

"total brainwashing of children"

very dissimilar to forcing kids to wear Q shirts at trump rallies

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

etalian posted:

Isn't strange how Infowars weirdos obsess over government this and that but want a much powerful law enforcement?

they have no internal consistency or logic or brain

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fleetwood posted:

I thought they wanted race war

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

an actual dog posted:

The wanted a war race, to race towards war.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nichael posted:

they have no internal consistency or logic or brain

She's so mainstream now she attracted a Infowar attack ad.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the government is running literal concentration camps and Alex Jones is worried about a fresman Rep that hasn't even taken office yet

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

etalian posted:

She's so mainstream now she attracted a Infowar attack ad.

Welp there goes my support, I want my DSA candidates to be underground sensations

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Would Nintendo players be Orthodox Greeks in this analogy?

I'd say Sethian Gnostics but that's mostly off of an old Game Boy RPG where you had to climb a tower and kill God.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/MurasakiKemomo/status/1012317567581671424

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

an actual dog posted:

They do, and are trying to start one

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Main Paineframe posted:

btw i'm getting real sick of liberals saying "it's not like support open borders or anything". really want one of them to be dumb enough to try to articulate why they think open borders are bad

Shitload of drugs coming through, social disunity from lack of need to integrate, lack of legal protections for so many non-citizens, increased ease of fugitives escaping the jurisdiction where they're wanted, but the bottom line and reason you will never convince most people to support it is that it would reduce wages here. It's even more of a pointless losing issue than gun control

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Shitload of drugs coming through, social disunity from lack of need to integrate, lack of legal protections for so many non-citizens, increased ease of fugitives escaping the jurisdiction where they're wanted, but the bottom line and reason you will never convince most people to support it is that it would reduce wages here. It's even more of a pointless losing issue than gun control

the bernie panders creed: Herrenvolk Social Democracy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jeb! Repetition posted:

drugs should be legal, racists should gently caress off, 'illegal' status voids legal protections and should be replaced with documented status, international bipartisanship and good relations remove escape capability, and if you're the kind of idiot crybaby white person whose job got taken by a guy who just walked across a desert for four days and doesnt speak the language or own shoes you're a unbelievable loving loser who doesnt deserve a job in the first place

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Itd be much easier to pass amnesty and a reformed immigration process that allowed in the amount of people who want to immigrate, it would also solve the main reason why immigrants depress wages, which is that capitalists exploit them both in paying them less than minimum wage and making them work illegal environments because they can't retaliate due to legal status. Having a border would also allow the US to reject billionaires moving here to buy up a ton of property and leaving it empty as an investment.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/politics/rename-obamacare-obama-trump/index.html

had a friend post this with “remember when we had an actual president?”

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

drugs should be legal, racists should gently caress off, 'illegal' status voids legal protections and should be replaced with documented status, international bipartisanship and good relations remove escape capability, and if you're the kind of idiot crybaby white person whose job got taken by a guy who just walked across a desert for four days and doesnt speak the language or own shoes you're a unbelievable loving loser who doesnt deserve a job in the first place

Okay well once drugs are legal, racists have hosed off, illegal status is replaced with documented status, interpol is fully effective, and no one cares about making less money, then we can start talking about open borders

nah
Mar 16, 2009

etalian posted:

the government = people that take your money away
the police = brown killers that protect your gated community

they're separate entities

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

none of the libs are actually going to name any of those things, though, because they actually have no opinion whatsoever about immigration. they just defend the current status quo because they're too cowardly to advocate any sort of change

anyway, most of those things are post-hoc justifications that people came up with after the fact, when the eugenics arguments that were the original reason for these restrictive immigration policies suddenly fell out of fashion for some reason (:hitler:)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Okay well once drugs are legal, racists have hosed off, illegal status is replaced with documented status, interpol is fully effective, and no one cares about making less money, then we can start talking about open borders

why should we ratify the 13th amendment? it'll create a huge amount of underskilled workers with no real wealth or education, which would just be dag gum mess. yes, i am sympathetic to the plight of the slave, but doing the good thing might be difficult, and

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

why should we ratify the 13th amendment? it'll create a huge amount of underskilled workers with no real wealth or education, which would just be dag gum mess. yes, i am sympathetic to the plight of the slave, but doing the good thing might be difficult, and

We ratified the 13th amendment because slavery is monstrous

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

if you're the kind of idiot crybaby white person whose job got taken by a guy who just walked across a desert for four days and doesnt speak the language or own shoes you're a unbelievable loving loser who doesnt deserve a job in the first place

:hai:

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Open borders are a part of making racists gently caress off though; like, not in terms of demographics bullshit but in terms of the kind of culture they foster especially along said border the more militarized it is.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jeb! Repetition posted:

right, which is why arguments of ~convenience and good order~ are bullshit garbage for idiot babies

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Agnosticnixie posted:

Open borders are a part of making racists gently caress off though; like, not in terms of demographics bullshit but in terms of the kind of culture they foster especially along said border the more militarized it is.

Generally speaking introducing large amounts of people of another culture doesn't lessen racism, it makes it worse

mormonpartyboat posted:

right, which is why arguments of ~convenience and good order~ are bullshit garbage for idiot babies

People are largely not going to vote for something that makes them lose a bunch of money, is the issue. Especially because the people who'd be hit hardest are already barely making enough money to live

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

how many of these problems happen among the us states, where we have wide open borders

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

the government is running literal concentration camps and Alex Jones is worried about a fresman Rep that hasn't even taken office yet

She hasn't even been elected yet. She won a primary in a safe dem district so there's an overwhelming probability that she will be elected but as of right now she's just a House candidate.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

There's also not a single politician in the US who supports open borders apart from far right libertarian dipshits

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Jeb! Repetition posting or alt-right concern trolling

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

all the 13th did was codify slavery's enforcement via carceral state

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

mormonpartyboat posted:

Sounds like Ron Paul to me.

Also the dude walking across the desert would be paid the same as a normal worker or else the company would get the copmans sent after them so not only would cost of employment be the same as citizen who is legally allowed to work, it'd have an extra risk of being fined moneys if the desert crosser isn't a citizen/documented.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

So you're saying that today's US immigration policy isn't?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
also, "but our wages" isn't a particularly good argument against opening up the borders, because there's basically four categories of people who are allowed to immigrate according to current immigration law: celebrities and executives, multi-millionaires, people with close family in America, and skilled workers

in other words, the people most likely to drag down wages are already allowed into the country. the people who are barred from immigrating are mostly those who wouldn't put much downward pressure on wages, such as unskilled workers*

*since the minimum wage puts a floor on unskilled worker pay, it's usually difficult to undercut them...unless you criminalize their very presence so that companies can freely violate minimum wage laws without worrying about being reported

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Phi230 posted:

Jeb! Repetition posting or alt-right concern trolling

jeb repetition is a gimmick account roleplaying a facebook uncle

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

To be fair, a couple hours later we've got people who think there's a noticeable amount of hidden support for open borders so he's clearly not totally wrong.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I think it depends on your definition of open borders, if by open borders you mean an accessible immigration process that allows (almost) anyone who wants to immigrate the ability to and a demilitarized border that's good and what we've had for most of US history. If you mean abolishing the border completely that's probably not so good, at least in current circumstances. There's also the effect that the policy would have on the countries that people are immigrating from to think about.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Main Paineframe posted:

also, "but our wages" isn't a particularly good argument against opening up the borders, because there's basically four categories of people who are allowed to immigrate according to current immigration law: celebrities and executives, multi-millionaires, people with close family in America, and skilled workers

in other words, the people most likely to drag down wages are already allowed into the country. the people who are barred from immigrating are mostly those who wouldn't put much downward pressure on wages, such as unskilled workers*

*since the minimum wage puts a floor on unskilled worker pay, it's usually difficult to undercut them...unless you criminalize their very presence so that companies can freely violate minimum wage laws without worrying about being reported

Yeah a better immigration policy would make unskilled laborers citizens and regulate the amount of Chinese real estate billionaires and immigrants from stable countries with masters degrees in computer science or whatever.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Thoguh posted:

To be fair, a couple hours later we've got people who think there's a noticeable amount of hidden support for open borders so he's clearly not totally wrong.

who cares if there's support or not? i'm just mad at the fact that literal eugenics policies, left over from the days when Congressional reports openly discussed the problem of "inferior races", are treated as such an obviously necessary thing that they can't even be discussed as issues because only crazy people would possibly even consider them

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

the bernie panders creed: Herrenvolk Social Democracy

democratic strasserites of amerikkka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

really queer Christmas posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/politics/rename-obamacare-obama-trump/index.html

had a friend post this with “remember when we had an actual president?”
Were they referring to obama as an actual president, or are they sort of staring into the deep abyss unable to remember when we had an actual president?

• Locked thread