Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forcyte
Nov 22, 2013
Just placed an order for an NES Classic on gamestop.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Couldn’t add to cart on GameStop, but Best Buy let me order one. Couldn’t order the controller through them though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wonder if Amazon is going to do a Treasure Truck sale tomorrow... just guessing

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone know where controllers are still available online? Best Buy and GameStop are sold out; can't even find a listing on Walmart

Edit: hit Walmart on the way to work. Had to get someone to go pull them out of the back, but they had consoles and controllers on hand

jivjov fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 29, 2018

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Just picked up a NES Mini up after work, was surprised they had any left.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Really surprised they are still up on Best Buy

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Really surprised they are still up on Best Buy

It's effectively a pre-order, mine said it wouldn't ship until July 20th. Nintendo is going to make millions and millions of them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone successfully powered both and NES and SNES classic off a TV's USB port via a splitter? My SNES is plugged directly into the TV and works great, but I want to acquire a splitter to power them both. Most of the ones on Amazon specify "one end only does charging and the other does data and power" which seems like it would fit my needs; but having caveats like that on it makes me a little wary.

Anyone got a good splitter they'd recommend?

Obsurveyor posted:

It's effectively a pre-order, mine said it wouldn't ship until July 20th. Nintendo is going to make millions and millions of them.

Mine's supposedly gonna get to me on Tuesday the 3rd; so maybe it depends on local warehouse availability?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Astro7x posted:

Went to Walmart at midnight, they had 5 controllers. No lines. No NES Classics (They were "Delayed" and "probably arriving tomorrow during the day”

Or in Honestspeak, “in a bag in the back with my name on it and already listed on ebay”

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Or in Honestspeak, “in a bag in the back with my name on it and already listed on ebay”

Which, loving LoL at them

Enjoy eating the shipping cost.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Got an NES Classic from Bestbuy.ca.

Gotta complete that collection, I guess? :shrug:

Did they extend the cables with the new release or is it exactly the same?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Snuffman posted:

Got an NES Classic from Bestbuy.ca.

Gotta complete that collection, I guess? :shrug:

Did they extend the cables with the new release or is it exactly the same?

Identical to the original release. One controller, short cords.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I ordered from Best Buy and it says July 9th. Then I walked in this morning and there are 50 sitting there (and three controllers). She said they're local inventory is intentionally not connected to the online ordering. So you should be able to walk in buy one. There were no lines and nobody seemed to care. Same with GameStop. They had 25. Walmart had ten or so and no controllers. I didn't see anyone buying them anywhere.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I saw the GameStop thing last night and put it in my cart... and then deleted it. I love my snes classic, but I can wait for a N64 classic and honestly don’t care enough about old NES games

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If I can roll into a store at some point and get it, I'll get one. I more want an N64 classic.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Cojawfee posted:

If I can roll into a store at some point and get it, I'll get one. I more want an N64 classic.

I went into a best buy this morning and they had a few on the shelf.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

As with the SNES Classic, it's not hard, you just have to exit your nerd hovel

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

As with the SNES Classic, it's not hard, you just have to exit your nerd hovel

You're right, it's not hard, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
You can get the controllers on walmart.com ... But their search is terrible. Use CLVACNES as your search term and it should work

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BonoMan posted:

You can get the controllers on walmart.com ... But their search is terrible. Use CLVACNES as your search term and it should work

haha went out of stock as I was finishing my order.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
God drat those controllers were a bitch to find. Apparently the Gamestops got like 20 NES Classics each but only like 3 controllers. I managed to snag a second one for a friend by going to a store I was told had them in stock, but it turned out they didn't know they existed. The guy even claimed that they didn't and I was like "Dude I just bought one from another gamestop and they said come here because you had some in stock" so he went back and dug around and found them. Lucky me I guess.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

My condolences to everyone who ends up having to go into a GameStop

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Bum the Sad posted:

God drat those controllers were a bitch to find. Apparently the Gamestops got like 20 NES Classics each but only like 3 controllers. I managed to snag a second one for a friend by going to a store I was told had them in stock, but it turned out they didn't know they existed. The guy even claimed that they didn't and I was like "Dude I just bought one from another gamestop and they said come here because you had some in stock" so he went back and dug around and found them. Lucky me I guess.

Seriously why did they do this again? The control are harder to get than the drat console.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Just get the 8bitdo wireless controllers

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Got my NES in from Spanish Amazon last week, haven't set it up since I've still been crushing it on the SNES, thank god I ordered the spare controller since it seems like they're a pill to find locally again.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is spanish amazon named spamazon?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So what's the consensus on the ROMs for the NES. You can just throw the entire US/JPN catalog on there with room to spare, right?

Is there a curated Good poo poo list like the ones that get circulated for the SNES?

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Is spanish amazon named spamazon?
ˇAmazón!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ZeeBoi posted:

Just get the 8bitdo wireless controllers

Using other controllers kinda defeats the purpose of these classic systems imo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah the only controller change really worth doing is the "Down + Select = home menu" one.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

FilthyImp posted:

So what's the consensus on the ROMs for the NES. You can just throw the entire US/JPN catalog on there with room to spare, right?

Is there a curated Good poo poo list like the ones that get circulated for the SNES?

ˇAmazón!

It gets kind of dicey there you can put almost the whole catalog, but you'll get errors when saving, but if you're using the USB stick and passthrough method of hacking, you can get all that and then some.

I've tended to keep all my 8 bit 2 button games on the Famicom Classic (I ended up buying a 25' HDMI Cable to make up for the shortness of the wired controllers) and everything else goes on the SNES. Haven't gotten the right type of OTG passthrough that will work to try that out yet, but once I do I'm tossing a set of MAME roms classics on there quickly.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There’s so much trash on NES that putting every rom on it would just make it a huge hassle to scroll to the good stuff.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

SeANMcBAY posted:

There’s so much trash on NES that putting every rom on it would just make it a huge hassle to scroll to the good stuff.

Yeah, it’s not tough to only have like 40-50 games total on the NES Classic and easily have every game worth playing in the console’s library.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Heads up for all you people who just got your NES Mini.

DO NOT USE THE OLD HAKCHI 2 PROGRAM YOU WILL BRICK.

I almost did it, then I decided to do a quick google. It's been updated to "HAKCHI2 CE"

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/comments/8tp8wi/warning_do_not_use_hakchi_230_use_hakchi_ce12x/
https://github.com/TeamShinkansen/hakchi2/releases/

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 29, 2018

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So where's my best bet to get a legit 2nd NES controller online?

Amazon.ca seems questionable, all the reviews seem to indicate they're knockoffs and the legit one doesn't seem to be for sale.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wait a while and hope things calm down. I can't believe Nintendo seriously just did the exact same run instead of just including the second controller.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Snuffman posted:

Amazon.ca seems questionable, all the reviews seem to indicate they're knockoffs and the legit one doesn't seem to be for sale.

For what it's worth the one time I got a 2nd controller successfully in Canada it was with Best Buy online. No idea what their store stock is like this time.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bum the Sad posted:

It's been updated to "HAKCHI2 CE"

I'll be waiting for Super Hakchi2 Turbo to come out to hack mine

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snuffman posted:

Follow @Wario64 on Twitter and grab one when he posts their up somewhere. I got one pretty easily from Best Buy.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Follow @Wario64 on Twitter and grab one when he posts their up somewhere. I got one pretty easily from Best Buy.

He only posts US sources, though, no Canadian ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Did anybody who got a Paypal email but no order confirmation from Gamestop ever get anything? I'm not worried since I also placed a Best Buy order that's already shipped but I could do without the pending payment on my Paypal account.