Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It's worth noting that Chael Sonnen is congenitally incapable of telling the truth, and every single word of that story is undoubtedly a lie.

Seems like the kind of thing that—even if he’s using fake names for the others—it would be relatively easy for people working in movies to check on. He gives a solid description of one of the guys, at least, and work history for the rest.

You could also ask studios “is there a mysterious hole to nowhere in the floor of the stunt performers’ green room?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Imagine living openly without even being under a pseudonym but always having the specter of "accused of a cold case file" hanging over your head until you die.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

chitoryu12 posted:

Imagine living openly without even being under a pseudonym but always having the specter of "accused of a cold case file" hanging over your head until you die.

lmfao that'd be hilarious

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why am I not seeing this reported anywhere else? If it turns out to be true then that makes two amazing cold case solves so far this year. Gonna cross my fingers they figure out who the Zodiac and Jack the Ripper are next. Live in a world with no more mysteries!

quote:

He decoded “through good ole Unk” to mean “by skyjacking a jet plane,” using a system of letters and numbers.

“And please tell the lackey cops” was decoded to mean “I am 1st LT Robert Rackstraw,” according to Colbert.

Real solid evidence there.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Jahi McMath's parents are finally conceding that she's died.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ponzicar posted:

Real solid evidence there.

Yeah, I saw this earlier and it has the stink of those proposed deciphering of untranslated languages where they can take any passage and make it mean literally anything.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, I saw this earlier and it has the stink of those proposed deciphering of untranslated languages where they can take any passage and make it mean literally anything.

"The same method of anagrams can be applied to any number of works written in the Latin alphabet and using the English language without proving any intention by the original author. Leach demonstrated her point by reworking passages of A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh to indicate that Milne had also committed murder."

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
http://www.newsweek.com/man-may-have-killed-21-co-workers-poisoning-lunches-police-say-998626

quote:

Police in Germany have arrested a man who may have murdered 21 of his co-workers by poisoning their lunches in a killing spree stretching back to 2000.

Authorities have launched an investigation into the long string of deaths after the metal-fittings worker was caught sprinkling a toxic substance on one of his colleague’s sandwiches, Deutsche Welle reported.

I've always kept my lunch in a lunch bag next to me.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

ugh, what a sicko. he should have made AI copies of his rear end in a top hat coworkers like on black mirror instead.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I basically never bring my lunch. I either go home to eat or get fast food or delivery.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Ah, Giftmorder Klaus strikes again.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

13 reasons why would have been a lot less awful if it were more similar to this

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sarcopenia posted:

Looove this article but I really think that you should put a content warning on that. I'm accurately medicated with no signs of depression now but if I had read this a year ago this could very well have triggered something terrible.

This one really got to me. I've had a lot of trauma in my life but I knew that it wasn't why I was feeling the way I did. Yeah it probably made it worse but drat is it just an infection of the mind. Wiggling, terrifying worms that just keep digging deeper. And then you constantly hear people talk about how people should just suck it up and feel positive because you're not like a kid in a 3rd world country or something. After I got diagnosed with bipolar the people who had been chastising me for attempting/thinking about suicide and that I just really wanted to be "sad" totally got that I was "out of control" when I was manic. Eeeh dude. Every time I tried to commit suicide I was manic/wrongly medicated because then I had the energy to actually go through with the horrible things I was thinking. It literally has the same hold over my brain but with different results. People don't get depression because everyone has been sad and that's what they think it is.

oh man toxic masculinity has factored a whooole lot into this in my life and a lot of other dudes. i cant count how many times i was severely hosed from depression/anxiety and people in my life would say poo poo like "man up" or "dont be a pussy" etc. and how much worse that made it. (im extremely lucky tho that my parents/grandparents/brother never said anything like that and always were there for me. i would probably be dead right now if it werent for that)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

That has to be good for her siblings. I can't imagine how awful this must have been for them.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Kanine posted:

13 reasons why would have been a lot less awful if it were more similar to this

Netflix aggressively pushed me to watch that show when I was deeply depressed. Thumbs down did nothing

AI rising up?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I bet “Netflix Original” shows get ignored by algorithm and just always get recommended.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Found another weird one from Japan. Maybe not super disturbing, but just a crazy story. This all played out on one of the first beta test servers for Ragnarok Online, and was later chronicled by the victim in a thread for discussing the game on 2chan.

The whole thing started when some random girl (in the story she is referred to as 'S-Ken' after the prefecture where she lived) started referring to the victim (referred to as 374 since that was his first post number in the thread) as 'onii-chan'. Some weaboos in the crowd might recognize this as meaning 'big brother' with a bit of cutesy thrown in. It's technically also used by women being flirtatious, but in this case the girl was using the literal meaning and referring to 374 as her older brother.

Feeling creeped out, he asked her multiple times to stop calling him that. She ignored these requests and instead invited him to come to Comiket (anime convention) with her. He refused, to which she responded:
'Are you seriously going to turn down a request from your little sister?'
Followed by 'Your address is <his actual address> right? I'm gonna come visit you this Sunday'

Feeling even more creeped out now, 374 summoned another person he knew from the game named Ako. Ako tried to talk sense into S-Ken, but the girl continued to post things like 'Brother and I have been together since our past lives', 'A long time ago a witch placed a curse on us that tore us apart', 'We promised we'd see each other at least once before the witch kills us' and 'So isn't it obvious that I need to be with you?'

Finally 374 and Ako gave up and left, but as they left 374 got the following messages from S-Ken:
'Onii-chan, where are you going? That Ako lady is the witch!! You can't go with her!'

In a completely unrelated conversation, 374 invited Ako to come meet up with him in real life, and they made a date.

The night before 374 had planned to go out with Ako, he got an e-mail at about 10 PM. It read:
'I can't wait to see my onii-chan, so I'll be coming there at midnight.'
Completely freaked out, 374 called the police and asked them to be nearby so he could call them when she showed up at midnight. At the same time, he received a second mail reading: 'I'm coming as fast as I can.'

As promised, S-Ken showed up at 374's apartment. When he didn't answer the door she began to scream 'Onii-chan are you alright! Does the witch have you!' Then she pulled out a police baton and began attempting to bash down the door. 374 eventually came out and tried to stop her, but she fought against him and attacked him with the baton. Around the time the police arrived she seemed to realize who he was and immediately stopped attacking him, calling him 'onii-chan' again. She explained to the police 'I didn't expect onii-chan to not answer the door for his sister,' and 'I thought the witch had him and I needed to save him.'

The police searched her for ID but she had none, and it was clear she was a minor (she was a middle schooler, in fact). In response to their questions she would say things like 'onii-chan needs me' and 'we need to find the Savior if we want to escape the witch's curse.' They couldn't get any information out of her until 374 tricked her into revealing her home address by telling her he heard the witch had placed a curse on her house. Her parents were called, and they dragged her away. As she was dragged away she struggled against her parents, screaming 'I don't want to go back to a cursed house!' and 'If I'm not here the witch will get onii-chan!'

374 spent most of the following day in peace, getting ready for his date with Ako. Then, around 3 PM, 374 got a call from S-Ken's mother who told him 'my daughter just got out of the house.' 374 immediately left his own house, and decided to wait in a public area until he could meet up with Ako.

Meanwhile S-Ken showed up at his house and started pounding on the door with her police baton and screaming for him. Eventually the neighbors got tired of it and told her he wasn't there and shoo'ed her. By pure chance, she managed to find 374 waiting in a nearby Mr. Donut. Instead of approaching him, she decided to watch and wait. She saw Ako show up and meet up with him, and followed the two of them to a bar where she was turned away at the door because she was obviously under-age (amusingly, so was Ako, but apparently she looked old enough that they didn't card her).

For 2 hours S-Ken waited outside of the bar for the two to emerge.

374 and Ako came out pretty drunk, leaning on each other for support. When 374 saw Ako collapse, he thought she had just lost her balance, until he saw S-Ken wielding her baton. She attacked Ako savagely, while calmly saying 'Don't worry, I'll kill her,' but luckily 374 was able to get between them and shield Ako with his bag.

At that point S-Ken yelled out a phrase that has become a meme on 2chan and the Japanese Ragnarok Online community:

'Onii-chan, move or I won't be able to kill her!'

Ako, who hadn't actually been wounded too badly by the first attack, then got up and caught S-Ken in a lariat (the wrestling move, not a lasso), throwing her to the ground. Since S-Ken wasn't exactly physically fit, this one hit put her down for the count until the police showed up and restrained her. As she was dragged away, she sobbed 'Onii-chan help me, the witch is going to kill me.'

After posting about the whole event on the RO thread, 374 made one final comment that he had heard S-Ken had gone into counselling, and that was the last time he ever posted.

In interviews after the event, the police who responded admitted that the whole thing was very difficult to handle because the assailant was a minor.

The event became so famous in the Japanese RO community that, as part of the LINE stamps (basically emojis) released for RO's 15th anniversary, one was 'onii-chan, move!'

Not nearly as spooky as most of the stuff in this thread, but crazy violent stalkers are always a bizarre topic.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sounds pretty stdh unless there’s like an actual police report or something

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Aesop Poprock posted:

Only psychopaths play RO so this story checks out imo

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Just catching up on this thread so a few pages ago, but nice progression of posts from 'Here's an awful story about a grieving family trying desperately to preserve the dignity of their dead child and their surviving one by having leaked pictures removed from the internet.....and here's the pictures!'.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Aesop Poprock posted:

Nah, all of that seems very plausible

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Danger posted:

Just catching up on this thread so a few pages ago, but nice progression of posts from 'Here's an awful story about a grieving family trying desperately to preserve the dignity of their dead child and their surviving one by having leaked pictures removed from the internet.....and here's the pictures!'.

It's funny that we're more receptive to not posting Far Side comics than honoring the wishes of the family of a dead girl. Well, I think it's funny, but I'm an rear end in a top hat.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Danger posted:

At least we’re not emailing them the pictures with mocking subject lines.

Again what the gently caress

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

It's super disgusting, as is the fact that a website called bestgore exists.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

GelatinSkeleton posted:

It's super disgusting, as is the fact that a website called bestgore exists.

We’re goons: we all browsed Rotten and stile in the late 90s, so let’s not get too sanctimonious - we’re all rubberneckers in this thread :)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Caganer posted:

We’re goons: we all browsed Rotten and stile in the late 90s, so let’s not get too sanctimonious - we’re all rubberneckers in this thread :)

Stileproject...now there's a place that I visited too many times in my youth

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Caganer posted:

Speak for yourself

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I mean, I guess. It's a bit more hosed up in that the entire reason they were brought up was in the context of how the sharing of the pictures perpetuates anguish for that family and enables the awful poo poo some people do to them.

You're free to post whatever publicly available poo poo you want, just pointing out that it's kinda hosed up in context.

Danger has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Jun 29, 2018

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sid Vicious posted:

Speak for yourself

Forums poster Sid Vicious calls for civility and decorum

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Pirate Radar posted:

Forums poster Sid Vicious calls for civility and decorum

:laugh:

Danger posted:

I mean, I guess. It's a bit more hosed up in that the entire reason they were brought up was in the context of how the sharing of the pictures perpetuates anguish for that family and enables the awful poo poo some people do to them.

You're free to post whatever publicly available poo poo you want, just pointing out that it's kinda hosed up in context.

I think sending them to the family is hosed up. I don't think their mere existence is hosed up.

I labeled them clearly, so if the family is a goon family they didn't look at the photos.

I think we all agree some stuff is both gross and fascinating, and sometimes the stuff is a dead person. It's not cool to send that to the family, but people have a morbid curiosity and I don't believe in shaming that.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Caganer posted:

Nope, I went to rotten.com and thought "wow that's hosed up I better look out for people who are interested in that kind of thing so I don't end up in a freezer".

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I legit didn't visit this website until someone bought me an account for the forums in 2007 because I assumed based on the name it was something similar to Rotten.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Shifty Nipples posted:

Nope, I went to rotten.com and thought "wow that's hosed up I better look out for people who are interested in that kind of thing so I don't end up in a freezer".

all i heard was "i went to rotten.com"

also most of the people i know who browsed that sort of thing went into med school or biology etc. way to shame the future doctors of america :rolleyes:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sid Vicious posted:

I legit didn't visit this website until someone bought me an account for the forums in 2007 because I assumed based on the name it was something similar to Rotten.

"somethingoffal"

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Caganer posted:

I think sending them to the family is hosed up. I don't think their mere existence is hosed up.

yeah as a total loving psychopath i also don't think it's messed up that graphic pictures of a dead teenager were leaked by the cops and are now circulating online despite the parents' desperate efforts to suppress them. i think sharing the link is morally neutral, too.

furthermore, i somehow see all of this as a badge of honor instead of a sign of my withered soul and ruined psyche.

Caganer posted:

yeah, i...didn't do this, lol

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

chernobyl kinsman posted:

yeah as a total loving psychopath i also don't think it's messed up that graphic pictures of a dead teenager were leaked by the cops and are now circulating online despite the parents' desperate efforts to suppress them. i think sharing the link is morally neutral, too.

furthermore, i somehow see all of this as a badge of honor instead of a sign of my withered soul and ruined psyche.

yeah, i...didn't do this, lol

why is this specific picture morally repugnant?

i'm sure many victim families don't like pics being out there, but they're public records.

anyways i think we should put this debate to rest and focus on creepy content. here is an unnerving story about capital punishment:

'Ice pick killer' Danny Paul Bible executed by lethal injection, despite firing squad, nitrogen gas pleas

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Honestly if the pictures have changed just a few peoples' driving habits and hopefully saved a few lives, I can't say them existing and being available is bad. Sending them to the family with sick messages is some hosed-up kid poo poo but that's a whole different issue.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Caganer posted:

why is this specific picture morally repugnant?

i'm sure many victim families don't like pics being out there, but they're public records.

i dunno bud, why do you think posting pictures of a dead teenager which the family has repeatedly and at great expense tried to expunge might be morally repugnant?

also its not a public record, homeboy. it was illictly leaked by the cops, hence why the two officers responsible resigned/were fired

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Jun 29, 2018

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I know this is the feel bad thread and all but maybe we could steer away from linking to gore sites? If people want to find that stuff they can but could we stick to creepy stories please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I always thought something awful and by association lowtax was like the proto version of stile project and mr stile himself