Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BRANDONWARDELL/status/1012053536732041216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Yeah, those are nasty, but the jalapeño cheese dogs and the buffalo chicken rollers are nice.

I can tell that picture was taken in a Pilot/Flying J, yes I'm a truck driver how did you know.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mng posted:

Imagine if you popped that big bubble on the bottom, and thousands of tiny spiders poured out.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I like these things because I am human garbage

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

They’re still alive

No. I refuse.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

I have such fond memories of visiting the spider farm as a kid, going on wagon rides and getting lost in the web maze

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ugh. Absolutely disgusting.

Fondant is the worst.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah, those are nasty, but the jalapeño cheese dogs and the buffalo chicken rollers are nice.

I can tell that picture was taken in a Pilot/Flying J, yes I'm a truck driver how did you know.

I get a strange craving for truck stop hotdogs every month or so. I like the ones that are really dark and have been there for hours. They just taste better. And ditto on the jalapeno dogs.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

drat now I'm hungry again

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

extremely same

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

I wish I was, I'm currently regretting eating an entire burrito from Chipotle for lunch

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I have never had corned beef hash out of a can. I have only made it out the leftovers from my corned beef and cabbage from st. Patricks day. How is it?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Applesnots posted:

I have never had corned beef hash out of a can. I have only made it out the leftovers from my corned beef and cabbage from st. Patricks day. How is it?

Oilier and saltier than homemade. Also, the texture is less appealing because the corned beef is ground very finely and the potatoes are tiny cubes.

Still good, though, just not as good as homemade (or diner-made; diner in the next town makes amazing corned-beef hash from scratch).

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

AlbieQuirky posted:

Oilier and saltier than homemade. Also, the texture is less appealing because the corned beef is ground very finely and the potatoes are tiny cubes.

Still good, though, just not as good as homemade (or diner-made; diner in the next town makes amazing corned-beef hash from scratch).

yeah. also you cook it until it has a crispy almost burned exterior; it will reduce in volume by at least 1/3

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
For best results, you really need to be drunk or hungover or both.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Thanks! Gonna try it!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i dont think its possible to overestate how salty it is. like the others said, do it well done, with a couple basted or over medium eggs on top

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'll admit it's impossible to estimate how much of my love for canned corned beef hash is childhood nostalgia, but every significant other I've ever introduced it to has also liked it.

Also, I'm some kind of reverse slug so "it's very salty" is just evidence that I'd probably love it anyway.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SALT VAMPIRE :byodood:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The Bloop posted:

I'll admit it's impossible to estimate how much of my love for canned corned beef hash is childhood nostalgia, but every significant other I've ever introduced it to has also liked it.

Also, I'm some kind of reverse slug so "it's very salty" is just evidence that I'd probably love it anyway.

loving same. I can eat a jar of green olives in one sitting.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's a bit washed out. Let's apply a little HDR

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Tunicate posted:

I'm screaming

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Haverchuck posted:

I'm screaming
So are the burgers.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tunicate posted:

Now run it through deep dream

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Honestly, that looks a lot better and I can imagine what those cheap burger grease bubbles taste like. The uncorrected turkey ones though, I can't get behind those. And for the love of god, DO NOT RUN THAT THROUGH DEEP DREAM

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Randaconda posted:

Now run it through deep dream

how about we don't do that bucko

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The General posted:

Honestly, that looks a lot better and I can imagine what those cheap burger grease bubbles taste like. The uncorrected turkey ones though, I can't get behind those. And for the love of god, DO NOT RUN THAT THROUGH DEEP DREAM

Too late, it's in queue as we speak.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Zil posted:

Too late, it's in queue as we speak.

Decided to go with a nicer filter instead of horror inspired

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Good news, I have sworn off food forever.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zil posted:

Decided to go with a nicer filter instead of horror inspired

"the monstrous nuclear chaos beyond angled space which the Necronomicon had mercifully cloaked under the name of Azathoth"

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Scathach posted:

loving same. I can eat a jar of green olives in one sitting.

I can't just let this one go by. What? How much of your sodium intake would that be?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Depends, am I showing restraint and not drinking the brine?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

DicktheCat posted:

I can't just let this one go by. What? How much of your sodium intake would that be?

Probably would be way too much if I had a condition or did it on the regular.

But seriously don't get between me and olives. Or vinegar chips.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Tag urself im the manatee

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Uh I think I'm the bottom left archaeopteryx

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm the fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I'm the crocodile eye