Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

purple death ray posted:

Who was the goon that had people calling his parents with "hi, I'm from the internet"? Was that diet pill guy?

Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Does anyone remember the thread where a goon’s roommate actually built a smaller apartment in their apartment? I’ve been trying to find it because a friend says that sounds made-up, but there were pictures and everything.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Proteus Jones posted:

Does anyone remember the thread where a goon’s roommate actually built a smaller apartment in their apartment? I’ve been trying to find it because a friend says that sounds made-up, but there were pictures and everything.

I remember this. They were putting drywall just in the middle of the room and running extension cords into it. There was like a weight bench inside the little room and the roommate was convinced he could rent it out.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I just removed it from my bookmarks a.couple of months ago. It was in E/N.

Yeah. The dude built a small bedroom out of the apartment living room with some drywall

The new bedroom had the light switch for the kitchen.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

removed a thread from your bookmarks?? why?!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It was still in my bookmarks!

Educated idiots and inevitable homelessness

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I love the phrase "technically not violating code".

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

chitoryu12 posted:

My favorite story is still Jed the crazy roommate who got found playing a tuba or something in a poo poo lasagna after the storyteller busted open his door. That was actually one of the stories that got me to finally join after finding it a good decade later.
This is one of my favorite forums tales...I still think "the juice is loose!" when I have to do something dramatic.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

50FA published his stories in a couple of books afaik. Unless he scrubbed those too.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

prencleve grothsmoore is probably why i joined the forums.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

I love when someone is insanely dumb but driven and motivated enough to carry out his retarded ideas. I don't know if it's cause i'm from the New York area but the term 'slumlord' and stories of landlords dividing up apartments to maximize profits is a common enough concept to understand that you can't just do that.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Caganer posted:

most aquaman hate is just thinly disguised homophobia

I always assumed it was because it was from people whose only exposure to Aquaman was through Superfriends, but you're unfortunately right.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This is one of my favorite forums tales...I still think "the juice is loose!" when I have to do something dramatic.

same, except replace "think" with "shout" and "have to do something dramatic" with "cum"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I loving hated how 50FA/humpermonkey would ruin the old ghost story threads with his poo poo and the legion of sycophants who’d spend pages just quoting and egging him on. I tried to read some but I never got to any ghost parts. It was all just him being SO BADASS in THE EIGHTIES and btw he was also TOTALLY BANGING this HOT AS gently caress FEMALE SOLDIER.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my favorite 50ftAnt thing is when he pretended to be a native Hawaiian woman working in a gun store for when he decided TFR needed a taste of his creative writing genius

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alaois posted:

my favorite 50ftAnt thing is when he pretended to be a native Hawaiian woman working in a gun store for when he decided TFR needed a taste of his creative writing genius

Oh man, anyone got a link to this?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Was that the one that led to him breaking character to apologize? I vaguely remember him doing something super tone deaf and people dog piling him until be apologized.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Telsa Cola posted:

Was that the one that led to him breaking character to apologize? I vaguely remember him doing something super tone deaf and people dog piling him until be apologized.

no people totally went along with it until he basically just stopped posting

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wasn't there some pretty girl in a wheelchair who posted some selfies in PYF and maybe just talked about her life in feminism threads or something and then suddenly came soberly clean after like 3 years and was some dude who just couldn't stand it anymore?

Thats how i remember the story anyway, ymmv

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Krankenstyle posted:

Wasn't there some pretty girl in a wheelchair who posted some selfies in PYF and maybe just talked about her life in feminism threads or something and then suddenly came soberly clean after like 3 years and was some dude who just couldn't stand it anymore?

I think I remember that and there was also a person in YCS that was pretending to be a wheel chair girl and someone kept posting a gif of a person in a wheelchair flying out a barn or something at them lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Krankenstyle posted:

Yeah, I was browsing through the very beginning of the selfie thread and found "her" posts. If I remember correctly, it very suddenly stopped with an announcement that "she" was actually a dude pretending to be a girl this entire time and he abandoned the board.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

gunchicka

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

I think I remember that and there was also a person in YCS that was pretending to be a wheel chair girl and someone kept posting a gif of a person in a wheelchair flying out a barn or something at them lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wasn't there some other wheelchair-bound poster who famously self-owned with the origin of the "Can we not, in the feminism thread of all places..." meme?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gunchika only lasted a few months, and it was the selfie thread.

And was outed by someone doing a gis, not self outed.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

What possesses someone to even do things like pretend to be a wheelchair girl? It doesn't sound fun or even that interesting. It's more interesting that they did it in the first place than the actual thing that they did.

I seem to also remember SOME of 50FootAnt's stories being okay? But the derails he caused were obnoxious.

E: Spelling

DicktheCat has a new favorite as of 21:00 on Jun 29, 2018

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lmao it was a different gif but saved for future reference

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Isn't that the clip Paul Rudd would play every time he was on Conan when he was doing to the rounds to promote a movie?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

DicktheCat posted:

What possesses someone to even do things like pretend to be a wheelchair girl? It doesn't sound fun or even that interesting. It's more interesting that they did it in the first place than the actual thing that they did.

I seem to also remember SOME of 50FootAnt's stories being okay? But the derails he caused were obnoxious.

In high school, I pretended to be a ~gamergurrl~ on tf2 because people would buy me steam games.

Dunno that that would work on SA, but who knows.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That con is a lot harder in the days of discord when everyone expects voice chat at a moments notice, though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In high school, I pretended to be a ~gamergurrl~ on tf2 because people would buy me steam games.

Dunno that that would work on SA, but who knows.

same thing recently happened in GBS only it was dick pics instead of steam games

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856599&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post484062728

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There is a woman with a wheelchair who posted in the feminism thread and posts about her life and e/n stuff. She's still active so I don't really want to give her username if it's gonna lead to anyone being a jerk to her. But yeah you aren't misremembering she exists.

Anne Whateley has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Jun 29, 2018

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DicktheCat posted:

The guy behind gunchicka said he was lonely and desperate for attention when he made that last post apologizing, iirc.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

sneakyfrog posted:

The SAclopedia is your friend

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1955

Microwave, and his hot mom.

microwave is probably a very handsome boy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Right I mixed up gunchika with the real goonette, but i do think "gunchika" did a teary confession after about how it took over and they had to explain themselves after they were made? id love a link to that post

as for why would they do it? ca 2003 i talked to folks on aim pretending to have lost my legs on 9/11 (as evidenced by me in a wheelchair on webcam wrapped in an american flag) except the story was i was run over by a cabbie in queens and i didnt lose my legs. also i only did it for a weekend some hours at a time

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

the world trade center fell on my legs, it sucked

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i lost my legs in a freak posting accident, please give me wow gold.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I was doing a handstand on floor 93 and BOOM....kneecapped by a jetliner

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

the world trade center fell on my legs, it sucked

please don't joke about 9/11 my dad died that day.

(he didn;'t stand a chance since the cockpit was the most smooshed part of the plane)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Caganer posted:

please don't joke about 9/11 my dad died that day.

(he didn;'t stand a chance since the cockpit was the most smooshed part of the plane)

I've always wondered how they got the knives on the plane, did he tell you how they were planning to do it?