Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

The only part of Groose we need is his theme for a stage and maybe a cameo in Subspace Emissary 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MatthewPTaranto/status/1012048957458059266

It's like the comic never left us.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This is the first time I've seen a picture of the Brawl in the Family guy and I think he may have been about four years old when started the comic, jfc

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Monitor posted:

The only part of Groose we need is his theme for a stage and maybe a cameo in Subspace Emissary 2.

I will accept nothing less than him in a playable role.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't believe there are people on this planet right now that don't want to play as Groose.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

I can't believe there are people on this planet right now that don't want to play as Groose.

I dreamed of him being included in Hyrule Warriors, and if you judge me, my God will judge you.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Bicyclops posted:

I dreamed of him being included in Hyrule Warriors, and if you judge me, my God will judge you.

Is your god Groose?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Bicyclops posted:

It still blows my mind that they put the Butterfly Girl NPC in Hyrule Warriors but not Groose

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Is your god Groose?

No, obviously, Groose is too gentle a soul to be an omnipotent deity. Please stop trolling.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Waluigi's moveset should be throwing tennis balls and mario party dice

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

No, obviously, Groose is too gentle a soul to be an omnipotent deity. Please stop trolling.

He's a loving and merciful deity.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
e: wrong thread

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Funky Valentine posted:

His codec calls involve Mantis, Ocelot, and Wolf.

But in a weird twist, it's Wolf O'Donnell, not Sniper Wolf.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Dong is the featured character of the day. https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/blog/index.html

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Whenever someone says "list your top X favourite games" Metroid Prime 1 is always my #1. It might actually be the perfect game imo

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Over There posted:

Dong is the featured character of the day. https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/blog/index.html

Am I just overthinking it or is Dongs final smash straight out of JoJo, complete with a time stop color inversion before the punch rush?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Raposa posted:

Am I just overthinking it or is Dongs final smash straight out of JoJo, complete with a time stop color inversion before the punch rush?

verdict: definitely a jojo

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Donkey Kong will crush the competition thanks to his Stand, 「I'm Going Bananas」.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Maple Leaf posted:

Whenever someone says "list your top X favourite games" Metroid Prime 1 is always my #1. It might actually be the perfect game imo

:emptyquote:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM

#waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

TheLoneStar posted:

Donkey Kong will crush the competition thanks to his Stand, 「Banana Slamma」.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TheLoneStar posted:

Donkey Kong will crush the competition thanks to his Stand, 「Bananarama」.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

TheLoneStar posted:

Donkey Kong will crush the competition thanks to his Stand, 「Banana Man」.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
There's always money in the Banana Stand.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1012657459067064320

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The prime trilogy was great, but the funny thing is that apparently retro begged nintendo to do something else after the prime 3 because the employees were sick and tired of working on the series and wanted something different.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pharohman777 posted:

The prime trilogy was great, but the funny thing is that apparently retro begged nintendo to do something else after the prime 3 because the employees were sick and tired of working on the series and wanted something different.

I’m glad Nintendo let them since their DK games are some of the best platformers ever. A Tropical Freeze stage would own.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tropical Freeze stage would own so hard

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

wasn’t that stage with the barrels that threw you in the background based on TF? how come the donkey kong stages are always the most obnoxious ones

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

b_d posted:

wasn’t that stage with the barrels that threw you in the background based on TF? how come the donkey kong stages are always the most obnoxious ones

That one was based on DKC Returns.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Over There posted:

Also is it weird that I think that they should have kept this samus:

instead of this?

Although I don't know how the first one would have worked for smash.

e: she actually doesn't look that bad in SSBU

I like the vaguely American/European-ish looking Samus from MP1, but they've never really been consistent with Samus's face from each game. But they've seen to stick with Samus from Other M, who appears to have a more ambigiuous ethnicity.

Samus's face has always looked good no matter what rendition, though. Well, except this one:

Speak of old Metroid stuff, now that Ridley's in the game proper, I hope there's some more Metroid Prime 3 stuff since Smash has been ignoring the existence of the Prime series save for 1. This in particular I've always thought was the best Ridley theme rendition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsh7e1XZdGk

Also this week's blog hasn't had much except character trailers. But here's some Pokemon, which is neat.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The character of the day is Donkey Kong.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Theta Zero posted:

Samus's face has always looked good no matter what rendition, though. Well, except this one:

this is good actually .

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zero Suit in this looks really good. I wish they ditched her space heels but still a big improvement over 4 where she looked like a sex doll.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mabels big day posted:

The character of the day is Donkey Kong.

Donkey kong.... what more can be said? Hail to the king, baby.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Zero Suit in this looks really good. I wish they ditched her space heels but still a big improvement over 4 where she looked like a sex doll.

She still looks a bit twiggy to be running around in the Power Suit, but they actually gave her some muscles and toned down the fanservice this time around so it's a step in the right direction. It's a far cry from Super Metroid promo art Samus, but it's something at least.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

b_d posted:

this is good actually .

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Honestly the only time I remember Playstation Allstars is when people bring up how awful it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Makes me wish the PSASBR thread didn't kill itself off after the mobile game was revealed so I could shitpost a little about Ryu and Cloud appearing in Smash 4. :allears: