Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also edited the league history for 3rd, 4th, and Absolute Worst awards.

Garbage got the Worst because he and Gridiron had 3-10 records, but Gridiron won their head-to-head matchup.

Gridiron had 200 less PF, but that head to head matchup counts for a pointless award in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
We open to trade?

Tried to send something and got a weird error message.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Umm, no I haven't unlocked everything yet, although everyone's been dropping obviously

I want to confirm with the other two commisshes that we're done monkeying with the rules and are ready to open things up. I think spermy is away for a couple days.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am here. I hosed up the scoring but it's fixed now so I think we are all good to open.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK if folks are comfortable trading, then I can open it up. This is assuming the people who pre-paid last year are actually here, we haven't exactly taken a roll-call, but the thread's been active for a couple weeks and I think everyone has at least an email in their inbox so let's do this, yeah?

OHhh yeah I remember, I need to do the randomizer picks for the draft picks, because really everyone needs to know what those picks are, right.

I'll do that now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Cmon somethin lovely like 1.04 for the 2nd year in a row.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Open this poo poo up. I’m ready to spam everyone with horribly awesome trade offers.

I want the 1.04 you can’t have it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK so the way this works is, I use orokos to roll dice. I log in, and the site keeps a permanent record of all my rolls:
http://orokos.com/roll/m-Leperflesh
I also use "ipaidforwhat" as the "campaign name" so you can choose to only view rolls for that campaign: http://orokos.com/roll/c-ipaidforwhat
And in the description I write what the roll is for, so you can always see exactly what I was doing. This is basically cheat-proof as far as I can tell, so there should be no question as to the legitimacy of the results. Also Orokos is widely used by role-playing-games nerds who have validated that its results are truly random, at least to any reasonable degree you'd care to test to.

So here are the rolls for draft picks.

First I'm picking the first four picks from among:

Concord Concordes 1754.00
Team McLean 1737.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em 1737.48
I'm Pretty Garbage At This 1683.32 (now Chopping Wood)

http://orokos.com/roll/637916
Team McLean gets First Overall Pick

http://orokos.com/roll/637917
Concord Concordes gets 2nd Overall Pick (but has traded it away, lol :negative:)

http://orokos.com/roll/637919
Garbage (now Chopping Wood) gets Third Overall Pick.
Consequently, Ash Ketchum gets Fourth Overall Pick.

OK, now for the middle batch of teams:
BALLS OF FURY 1892.61
First Down Syndrome 1889.31
Long Island Whalers 1836.15
I'm rolling for fifth, sixth, and seventh picks.

http://orokos.com/roll/637922
First Down Syndrome gets Fifth Overall Pick

http://orokos.com/roll/637923
BALLS OF FURY gets Sixth Overall Pick
And consequently, Long Island Whalers gets Seventh Overall Pick.

Congratulations and/or commiserations, guys.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

1.03 OTB. Come get you some.

If it was the 1.04 it would have been locked up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh god this is wrong, I didn't account for the posts on the last page that showed I had the scores mixed up slightly

aaa

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

And here they are as of week 13. I forgot (or didn't pay attention) to the fact we use week 13 for the cutoff for points scored. I thought it was over the entire season, so the above post is wrong in that case.

Edit: Holy poo poo, Team McLean is out of the bottom 4 by .02 points.

This is the actual scoring from week 13, first down syndrome actually had 1545.94 but I had him with 1889.31 which was BALLs' score
I've given BALLS Titoon's score instead

concord, mclean, garbage, and ash ketchum are all correct, but with first down having 1545.94 he should be in the top four, bumping ME (Concordes) into the middle pack instead.

Right?

So I can fix this by swapping my team with first down's team and I don't have to re-roll? Or should I just do it all over

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

This is the actual scoring from week 13, first down syndrome actually had 1545.94 but I had him with 1889.31 which was BALLs' score
I've given BALLS Titoon's score instead

concord, mclean, garbage, and ash ketchum are all correct, but with first down having 1545.94 he should be in the top four, bumping ME (Concordes) into the middle pack instead.

Right?

So I can fix this by swapping my team with first down's team and I don't have to re-roll? Or should I just do it all over

Do it all over including the lowest 4. Cmon 1.04 no whammies no whammies.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is tough because both me and spermy are affected. Although I traded away my first round pick so I'm a lot less affected.

The easiest thing to do is just swap me and him. But I'm also open to just re-rolling everything if that's the consensus. I don't feel like I'm in a position to make a ruling. Maybe Teemu Pokemon can decide, he's our commissioner who is mostly unaffected (STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE's pick is not in play and he only has picked up my fourth round pick, so that one pick could be slightly earlier or later but by the 4th round that's basically irrelevant).

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

This is tough because both me and spermy are affected. Although I traded away my first round pick so I'm a lot less affected.

The easiest thing to do is just swap me and him. But I'm also open to just re-rolling everything if that's the consensus. I don't feel like I'm in a position to make a ruling. Maybe Teemu Pokemon can decide, he's our commissioner who is mostly unaffected (STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE's pick is not in play and he only has picked up my fourth round pick, so that one pick could be slightly earlier or later but by the 4th round that's basically irrelevant).

Just swap them. It’s the most fair if he agrees. No need shaking the rest of the picks up if he and you are both cool with that.

Open up trades either way though. I got an itch I need to scratch.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

You got two teams wrong, you'll have to reroll I think.

Chefs should also have a top 4 pick.

Right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

You got two teams wrong, you'll have to reroll I think.

Chefs should also have a top 4 pick.

Gridiron Chefs won the consolation bracket, which means he's placed in the top five, and we ignore the week 13 ranks for those teams. They pick last in reverse order of their placement.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ah, missed that. Ok.

I'd probably vote for a reroll, but no big deal either way

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

In the future if we draw for draft positions, I say it goes nba lottery style.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is the last year of this nonsense:

Leperflesh posted:

4th place: Teemu Pokemon's STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE $0 you get nothing lol, fourth place really is the worst, let's fix this for next year.
5th place and winner of the consolation bracket: Gridiron Chefs $20 consolation prize, and honestly amazing given you went 3-10 in the regular season, just goes to show ya. Also lol you lost your top-four pick, is that really worth $20? Let's reconsider this for next year too.

Sucks to be the Chefs losing a top-four pick, but hey, they got money, so that's nice. But beginning this year, 4th place gets that money instead, and the consolation bracket winner gets a bonus pick (1.13) along with their fifth-place (1.8) pick.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I won something though! But yeah, an obviously rebuilding team goes on a run to screw up ownership plans - it happens. Nobody can say I straight up tank matchups at least. * Herm Edwards lurks in the background*

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So the draft order is:

Team McLean
First Down Syndrome
Chopping Wood
Ash Ketchum
Concords
BALLS OF FURY
Long Island Whalers
Gridiron Chefs
Straight Bass Homie
Who Da Titoons
Lego Maniacs
1017 Brick Squad

Right?

So now I need to remember how to seed these properly because it's fricken weird with MFL. I may gently caress it all up and have to do it manually which isn't a huge deal.

Someone confirm these are right please.

Oh god trades. Is this going to overwrite the traded draft picks? I'll wait till Leper wakes up.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I think I got it finally.

Ignore the email that went out with incorrect poo poo.

Rounds 1-3 are set in stone, followed by Snake starting round 4.

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=79286&O=17

I believe that's right.

Edit: poo poo, why doesn't the full draft report show the traded picks?

Fuckin got it. :clint:

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 2, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

As we approach trading time...

I'm $8 over the cap!

I'd move A Jones for a small return of futures.

I'd move Gurley for a cheaper RB1.

I'd move Howard for futures, but it would take a good deal, as he's very cheap for his production and doesn't give me much savings.

I'd also move AJG for some savings, but there would also have to be a decent return since he's a highly productive WR1.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK I've set the trade lock to expire in 15 minutes, we should get an announcement.

Thanks for doing the hard poo poo Spermy.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
gently caress MFL finally got blocked on my work computer. Do any of you use an app for this site for iOS? Otherwise I'm playing on hardmode this year.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

gently caress MFL finally got blocked on my work computer. Do any of you use an app for this site for iOS? Otherwise I'm playing on hardmode this year.

MFL Platinum. It's free.

Mobile site is also pretty good.

Only caveat: don't draft from the app.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

OK I've set the trade lock to expire in 15 minutes, we should get an announcement.

Thanks for doing the hard poo poo Spermy.

You make it look so loving easy. I stumble through it, people get emails from MFL with incorrect info, I edit my posts 5 times...

It's a delight. I'm glad it's right though, so lets start trading boys and girls!

:siren:Cap Space will be enforced by the 2nd week of August :siren:

Feel free to trade and blow your cap entirely but by the 2nd week of August (maybe 10th/11th) we need everyone to be under salary cap. We'll then have the rookie draft followed a few days later by the FA draft.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NFL game one is Thursday, September 6th. We need to have done both drafts before then. Mid-August is presumably three weeks before that, which might be a week earlier than we really need, but it'll be good to have a three-week window in which to schedule both drafts, while still preferring to push them as late as possible (at least I believe that's still the league preference, so we can all see what happens in preseason matches/injuries before committing draft slots, cap, and FAAB dollars to football mans).

I would say we can probably target cap space to be correct by, say, August 15? That gives us three full weeks to schedule and hold the drafts.

Currently the league calandar has our first regular biweekly blind bid waivers beginning August 29th. I think that's a week too early probably. We probably want a single blind bid waiver to happen Wednesday, September 5th, just before game 1, yeah?

e. And by the way I have not yet worked out the season matchups, MFL has a default setup in there but it's wrong, so please don't make any decisions based on which team you think you're playing week 1 yet. It's a pain in the rear end manual process to work it out that always takes me a couple hours so I've been procrastinating on it, but you'll see a "2018 Season Schedule" tab show up on the spreadsheet when I get it done (and of course I'll make an announcement here, too).

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

man gotta get used to this late draft mindset.

Definitely will take some adjustment so whatever bonehead trades I make in the next few months please excuse I'm just going tag it as impatience and getting used to the schedule.

With that being said, send me some trade offers if you need to free up some space.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

man gotta get used to this late draft mindset.

Its the only mindset to have. "Dont draft guys who blow their ACLs in camp at 1.03" is a great way to draft.

I'm not sure how other leagues do it, but I'm all about it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Its the only mindset to have. "Dont draft guys who blow their ACLs in camp at 1.03" is a great way to draft.

I'm not sure how other leagues do it, but I'm all about it.

In redraft you are 100% correct.

I’m dynasty that’s part of it. Not just thinking about this year but drafting based on short and long term value.

All my other dynasty leagues did rookie draft in May and are now doing FA auctions or waivers have already opened.

I’m fine either way. Way more info will be out by then so less homework for me. It’s just different :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah there will be rookies taken in the third round who last less than two years in the NFL, but the risk of their blowing up is way way higher if they're injured during the preseason. The result of having your dynasty draft much earlier is just to increase the volatility of draft picks (I mean that in the statistics sense) and I prefer to try to reduce volatility in order to give skill more value.

I think the way we do it makes skillful drafting more meaningful, basically.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Have a couple offers out. When will the IR athletes be directed to move back on the roster to get accurate cap numbers?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Mid August is the time to be under cap space and ready to roll.

Before that? Dont think it matters.

Trade away.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
hmm looks like MFL still has outdated player info. when does that get updated? carlos hyde is on the 49'ers for example

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
nevermind.. was looking at the 2017 season page

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Not sure who Balls of Fury and 1017 Brick Squad is but sent you both some trades last week. Maybe I’m still ahead of the timeline.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Balls doesnt trade, I know that one.

It's a delight when only 6 of us trade.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Not sure who Balls of Fury and 1017 Brick Squad is but sent you both some trades last week. Maybe I’m still ahead of the timeline.

I'm 1017 and I accept your trade (mostly for the cap relief)

I'm dumb for giving up Goff for nothing off my taxi squad his rookie year. now I have two olds at QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
it says I have no outstanding trade offers?