Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

queeb posted:

I think the other auras are to trigger adrenaline with a blood magic setup

You are correct, that's what his blood magic, blasphemy, (curse) 3-link is for, just finished re-watching his video.

He isn't using Herald of Ice at all, he's running Herald of Ash and Arctic Armor. Going to play around with arctic armor when I get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I ran the same build all the way to red maps, never used hoi or hemophilia, and I was obliterating screens of enemies. AC/Melee splash was enough.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

McFrugal posted:

This is wrong. It only does the damage TYPE selected. All matching sources of damage will work. It is not a spell, it's just that only elemental damage can help if you don't have damage conversion, and ehit builds will at most have 50% phys to fire. Most bows do not have a lot of elemental damage. Storm Cloud and The Tempest are exceptions, which is why they work well with ehit, beyond their high attack speed. They have the highest potential for effective attack speed though, Quill Rain is 1.8 after the 40% less.

Prism helps compared to pure phys bows, it's just low attack speed compared to the other bows you're likely to use, and its elemental damage can't really compare to ehit's massive added flat.

I mean, that IS how a spell works in regards to added flat damage, outside of non-global added on weapons. Prisms phys conversion to extra added damage never happens with EHit because EHit doesn't work based off of weapon damage at all. All you're getting from a Prism with EHit is the 20-24% implicit elemental damage, the 10-14% attack speed, the flat Physical added damage and the base 5% crit any weapon has.

Edit: I'm going to have to recheck things, because you DO get the basic attack with elemental hit, then just added damage, but even so a basic attack with a doomfletch prism isn't going to do wonders compared to a better suited bow for EHit, I'm pretty sure.

Edit 2: yeah, McFrugal's right on this, you do get an interaction that's worthwhile, but in the end Chin Sol will outpace literally everything with an AoF/Fire Only setup frostferno etc, simply because it's that ridiculous.

Keru fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 30, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
E:nvm

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Beaten with experience at being wrong lol

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Behold, the stupidest triple watcher's eye imaginable:

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I should really buy the cheap uniques I need for my current character and I maybe want to do some sort of elehit wander but :effort: and I've made it 550hrs in this awful game without trading and I sorta want to keep that streak going

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

pokchu posted:

Nice

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

pokchu posted:

The haste affix makes me wish I could fit self-affecting haste into my arrow clone build.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

McFrugal posted:

The haste affix makes me wish I could fit self-affecting haste into my arrow clone build.

hope u got 69 exalted orbs

also, i have now killed uber atziri with both pre- and post- buffed elemental hit:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

pokchu posted:

hope u got 69 exalted orbs

Meh, it's not that expensive by itself.

Actually it's probably a bad idea anyway. Mirror arrow isn't a movement skill so it would only help Blink arrow's effective dps while also de-synching the cooldowns. You don't want mismatched arrow clone cooldowns.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You guys are bad at pricing watcher's eyes, apparently.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
69 very naice

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

dyzzy posted:

69 very naice

This guy gets it

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
I'm still fairly new to this game and I just hit endgame (I think) on my first character. I'm level 68 and have started doing tier 1-3 maps.

How should I be making money? I've got around 30c to my name, plus a bunch more alchemy / fusing / jewelers etc. So far I have been picking up rares and either identifying them and vendoring them for alchemy shards, or saving them unidentified for the 2chaos recipe. I have no idea how to figure out whether something I pick up is good or not, aside from looking up the prices of uniques that I find. Plus, I haven't really gone through the selling process. Is now the point where spending actual money for premium stash tabs would make life a lot easier? Or can people get by just fine without them?

Also, I'm using the standard neversink loot filter, and sometimes rare equipment will be large and bold and stand out, but other times they'll just be in tiny yellow text. I assume the more bolded items are better somehow, but what is the difference?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ThePineapple posted:

Also, I'm using the standard neversink loot filter, and sometimes rare equipment will be large and bold and stand out, but other times they'll just be in tiny yellow text. I assume the more bolded items are better somehow, but what is the difference?

Better item base. A rare Simple Robe is garbage at end-game because its implicit stats suck, but a rare Vaal Regalia is more likely to be worth something.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
When in doubt, look for jewelry and small armor pieces with very high life/resist rolls to sell.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

I'm still fairly new to this game and I just hit endgame (I think) on my first character. I'm level 68 and have started doing tier 1-3 maps.

How should I be making money? I've got around 30c to my name, plus a bunch more alchemy / fusing / jewelers etc. So far I have been picking up rares and either identifying them and vendoring them for alchemy shards, or saving them unidentified for the 2chaos recipe. I have no idea how to figure out whether something I pick up is good or not, aside from looking up the prices of uniques that I find. Plus, I haven't really gone through the selling process. Is now the point where spending actual money for premium stash tabs would make life a lot easier? Or can people get by just fine without them?

The bolder items generally will have something sort after such as a better implicit like spell damage shields or spell penetration maces. Or they have higher base ES/Armour/Invasion than other items.

I would buy a 1 quad tab, 1 premium tab, a bunch of standard tabs and all the specific tabs i.e. Maps. You don't need to do this but it makes life easier and quite honestly, GGG deserve the money. The quad tab is great as you can dump poo poo in it from a map and continue mapping and at some point, go through it rather than doing it after every map or two.

As for making money, this is going to come from hours (lots) spent playing and I'm sure other goons will way in.

Use your offhand to level up arc, BV, Enhance, Empower and/or enlighten gems. These are good sellers if you use a vaal orb on them and they get a +1. I would only vaal Arc and BV this league though and only if you have a lot of them kicking around. Otherwise, use them in a lvl 3 gemcutter's room in the temple. Basically, if you have 6 level 20 arcs, I would vaal orb 3-4 of them max and save them for temple.

Blue jewels with Life/ES/Mana and 1 damage suffix are worth regaling. Jewels with two stacking damage suffixes such as +x damage with 1h swords and +x physical damage are also worth a regal.

Boots/Helms/Gloves with 3 decently high resists and high Life/ES roll are worth something. Boots need a movement speed on them to be worth a lot.

Jewelry well there are a lot of combinations that can make money but basically a high life roll with 2-3 resists on can get a bit of chaos. The price ramps up depending on other stuff like spell damage, added phys etc.

Wands/maces with stacking damage mods on that go over 150% ish can be worth some if they have other stuff like crit multi or some socketed gems are supported by level X (that doesn't suck). Keep an eye out in the temple, esp the end boss. Some loving obscene mods can be rolled on there. Same with a level 3 restoration pool. That can drop some 100+ life armour which also has % to max life from a chest in there.

Spiral foils and 1handers will show up on filters soon for you. I don't know what makes those good so I can't help you with that. I've just skipped looting them but I'm sure I've prob left some 1 exalt 1hander in a map.

Level 3 treasure chamber i.e. vault room. Always always max that if you get the option. I also find getting level 3 in the workshop has a very noticeable difference in how much yield the vault has but I wouldn't take it over the expense of a corruption chamber for example.

Getting shaper items of a high ilvl. Some need 84 for certain stuff but spamming alts on them and going for a good mod and auging/regaling could net you some cash but it's crafting and it's a gamble.

Prob a tonne of other stuff people could add.

Tai fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 30, 2018

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Cool. I watched EngineeringEternity's money making guide and this still all seems super complex.

I noticed there is a stash tab sale, are these generally the lowest the prices get? Thinking of spending $20 for the first blood pack and getting currency + quad + upgrade to a premium stash tab

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

ThePineapple posted:

I noticed there is a stash tab sale, are these generally the lowest the prices get? Thinking of spending $20 for the first blood pack and getting currency + quad + upgrade to a premium stash tab

This is as good as prices get.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah tabs won't go lower. Currency is definitely a good shout, I'd probably go for a map tab before a quad tab though.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

ThePineapple posted:

You probably have like 500 alteration orbs. You can sell those to players for chaos.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Deformed Church posted:

Yeah tabs won't go lower. Currency is definitely a good shout, I'd probably go for a map tab before a quad tab though.

Entirely this. Currency tab is the first thing you should get, it makes life so much easier. Then maps. Then at least 1 premium tab for selling. Essence tab is okay, but I don't find I use essences that much. The upgrade option it comes with is nice though. And you can skip divination altogether. I've been buying supporter packs most leagues, and I use that money for quads and extra premiums.

Edit: As for making money, grab CurrencyCop, this will price up most of your stuff, and tell you roughly how many chaos it's worth. It's made me a bunch of money last season and this season, because I had some crap in my inventory that I didn't realise was worth much (Ele Hit Gems, certain essences, etc.).

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 30, 2018

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I just picked this up again in the bestiary league and it's changed so radically from when I played it years ago. The complexity is mind-blowing right now, and my lv 55 dead eye is getting turbo-murdered in act 6. I know this is mostly due to my now lovely resists and I've crafted a bunch of ele resist jewelry and picked up a few auras, too. Chaos damage is still consistently one- or two- sitting me and now I'm having problems clearing incursions - not dying, but just not killing fast enough to extend time.

Is there jewelry that adds +chaos resist? I feel like that would help the most with where I'm at. I'm also struggling to find enough jewellers/ fussing orbs to turn good level bows into something usable with 5/6 sockets. What's the best grind strat for these at my dumb babby level?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

boo_radley posted:

I just picked this up again in the bestiary league and it's changed so radically from when I played it years ago. The complexity is mind-blowing right now, and my lv 55 dead eye is getting turbo-murdered in act 6. I know this is mostly due to my now lovely resists and I've crafted a bunch of ele resist jewelry and picked up a few auras, too. Chaos damage is still consistently one- or two- sitting me and now I'm having problems clearing incursions - not dying, but just not killing fast enough to extend time.

Is there jewelry that adds +chaos resist? I feel like that would help the most with where I'm at. I'm also struggling to find enough jewellers/ fussing orbs to turn good level bows into something usable with 5/6 sockets. What's the best grind strat for these at my dumb babby level?

Max your elemental resists
Get +% Max life on the tree
Get +Maximum hp on gear

Don't try to craft 'good' newbie gear, you could spend 50C on fuse/jewellers/etc crafting your bow, when you could spend 1C to get a much better bow

Here's a search for maximum level 55, max price 3 chaos, bow - click on 'DPS' on one of the bows to sort by DPS. Don't try to get sockets/links on your levelling bow, get it on your chest where really good stats are less important

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/BBgDMWT8

Here's a search for maximum level 55 chest with 5 links, and some okay stats (life and resists)

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/2qp4PDfk

The results for body armour I see right now are all corrupted, which means you're stuck with the socket colors as-is. You can also look at 4-links if nothing in there is working for you

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

I think this is worth something, but I have no idea if it's like 10 chaos or 2 ex. Standard.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Does currency cop work with steam? I don't have a poe.com account so

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its like a slightly better stone of lazhwar? i wouldnt buy it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Tai posted:

Does currency cop work with steam? I don't have a poe.com account so

You can make an account on PoE then link it to your Steam account.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Mymla posted:

I think this is worth something, but I have no idea if it's like 10 chaos or 2 ex. Standard.

If it's standard it might not even be worth anything as a base (lol at trying to sell poo poo on standard)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
loving LOL. I just linked my steam account to a new PoE account and it wiped out my characters.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is not how that works. you probably made a whole new account instead of linking

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

Tai posted:

loving LOL. I just linked my steam account to a new PoE account and it wiped out my characters.

Contact support, they can usually have it fixed within half an hour.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Gaardean posted:

Contact support, they can usually have it fixed within half an hour.

Isn't it Sunday in NZ? Not holding my breath.

Edit - NM they already emailed me and fixed it. GGG delivers.

Tai fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 30, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
GGG support is very good. They'll probably have it fixed in a half hour.

99.9% you just made a new account though.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Tai posted:

Isn't it Sunday in NZ? Not holding my breath.

Edit - NM they already emailed me and fixed it. GGG delivers.

Lol 14 minutes between post and edit. This should go in the OP cause this is a great example of what kind of company GGG is.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

Lol 14 minutes between post and edit. This should go in the OP cause this is a great example of what kind of company GGG is.

Should also be noted that this was at 7.30 am Auckland time on a Sunday.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm back from the hospital and such after two weeks of recovery from gallbladder surgery and can finally play PoE again.

Are there guild spots open still/again? Character name is SnickerSnax

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Lol https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8v3y2d/guide_my_take_on_ele_hit_and_killing_uber_elder/

Reddit posted:

Traps + Ele Hit, how did no-one think of this before.

I can't load PoB on this computer, but it sounds like a super cheap option for league start. What are your thoughts on ascendancy choices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I can't tell how many of those posts are being extremely sarcastic and how many are just clueless