Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Spelunking on Hulu one afternoon I found a show that was basically a Mythbusters clone based on household poo poo, one of their team was literally a pyrotechnic expert. I remember they blew up a septic tank, and burned up a dryer with lint. The only thing I really learned was that you really don't need to put the seat down when you flush the toilet, because there's not much splash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Lifehack: make your phone case your wallet, aand keep it in your front pocket. Only one thing to forget that way.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chillbro Baggins posted:

Lifehack: make your phone case your wallet, aand keep it in your front pocket. Only one thing to forget that way.

This reminded me that my work telephone case has card pockets but it's also RFID secure (or whatever you call it) so it's literally useless as a wallet.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

How does that make it less useful as a wallet?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

How does that make it less useful as a wallet?

Do you really want to be the dude who's always holding up every queue because he's digging out his bus card or key card instead of just slapping his wallet on the reader like normal people? Well I don't.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do you really want to be the dude who's always holding up every queue because he's digging out his bus card or key card instead of just slapping his wallet on the reader like normal people? Well I don't.

I can tell you're not from the states, because very few people over here just tap their wallet on the "reader" to pay. Most use cards, some use cash, and a few will still hold everyone up writing a check.

We're not an efficient country at all. :(

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Lifehack: Take your card out of your wallet before you reach the card reader.

Bonus Lifehack: Decide what you want to order before you reach the counter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pasco posted:

Lifehack: Take your card out of your wallet before you reach the card reader.

Lifehack: gently caress you.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha jerry cotton is a clerk

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jerry Cotton posted:

I’d love to do that, but the 4 NFC cards in my wallet interfere with each other. :negative:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

I’d love to do that, but the 4 NFC cards in my wallet interfere with each other. :negative:

The first bank to do a deal with the local bus thingy so that I can have a bank card cum bus card will get my account.

That's probably why they won't do it.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Jerry Cotton posted:

The first bank to do a deal with the local bus thingy so that I can have a bank card cum bus card will get my account.

That's probably why they won't do it.

All the buses in Vancouver have used RFID smart cards for a few years now. Recently they have posted signs that you will soon (or may already) be able to tap your credit card on the scanner as well, but it's up to the rider to make sure they don't accidentally tap both, or the system will double dip. Knowing the way they operate they will probably refuse to refund the difference for a few months until they are flooded with complaints and have to change something.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:getin:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

https://youtu.be/6Zbi0XmGtMw

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

EKDS5k posted:

All the buses in Vancouver have used RFID smart cards for a few years now. Recently they have posted signs that you will soon (or may already) be able to tap your credit card on the scanner as well, but it's up to the rider to make sure they don't accidentally tap both, or the system will double dip. Knowing the way they operate they will probably refuse to refund the difference for a few months until they are flooded with complaints and have to change something.

London has had this for a while. Initially it was an issue, so TFLs solution was to just refuse to process the transaction if there was even a whiff of a second card near the reader.

Then they introduced a system so the cards would end up paying the most cost efficient set of group fares at the end of each week. Which is nice.

It still didn’t solve the multi card issue. One or two (London based?) leather workers have made wallets with single card rfid-permissible slots.

It’d be great if you could just register all your cards with TFL and they’ll work your poo poo out.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/thetakeout/status/1012714836239798272

quote:

I left this simmering morass in my basement for two-and-a-half days, which was the maximum amount of time I could stand the stench of energy drink permeating my home’s entire lower floor. (Even my dog, who rolls in dead worms, didn’t want to go near it.) I watched as bubbles in the energy drink seemed to literally scrub away at the surface of the chain. After a few hours, though, the liquid became too black and opaque for me to watch what was transpiring below its murky surface.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Anything with citric acid in it will remove rust if you leave it long enough :rolleyes:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'm still teaching a dumbass friend that. "Soda's so bad for you, it's full of acid!" *eats orange*

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Scathach posted:

I'm still teaching a dumbass friend that. "Soda's so bad for oranges, it's full of you!" *does acid*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scathach posted:

I'm still teaching a dumbass friend that. "Soda's so bad for you, it's full of acid!" *eats orange*

Are you saying you inject acid in their fruit?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oranges are full of citric acid.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, Drinking fresh orange juice isn't really much healthier than a coke. Slightly less sugar and none of that gross Methyltheobromine, though. What kind of idiot would even drink something with that name?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I heard soda has chemicals in it.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
You think that's nuts? I heard oxygen gets you high.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Julet Esqu posted:

I heard soda has chemicals in it.

There are chemicals in the very air you breathe!
In fact, there are chemicals in your body.

For a mere $459.98 I can supply an organic supplement, which will remove those pesky chemicals after just one use.

*By agreeing to buy the product, you forfeit all right to disclose, complain, or sue about any positive or negative effects the supplement legally known as death cap my have on your mental state or body.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Jun 30, 2018

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Rysithusiku posted:

Life hacked: cut off your brains oxygen intake and get even higher

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Life hacked: cut off your brains oxygen intake and get even higher

It makes your orgasms last for the rest of your life, too! Ask Robin Williams!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

It makes your orgasms last for the rest of your life, too! Ask Robin Williams!
Wow, you went straight for joking about a mental illness suicide when you had the perfect opportunity to use David Carradine.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

Wow, you went straight for joking about a mental illness suicide when you had the perfect opportunity to use David Carradine.

now to be fair he is a

loving moron

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

An older co-worker of mine was adamant that Carradine died by hanging himself from his dick.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think I've seen that in the ModCon book, actually.

e: I'm cracking up imagining someone tie a tiny noose

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: I'm cracking up imagining someone tie a tiny noose

:lol:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rysithusiku posted:

Oh yeah? Well, your computer is broadcasting an IP address!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Rysithusiku posted:

Sit down for this one.

Love is like oxygen.
You get too much, it gets you high.
Not enough, and you're gonna die.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

AlbieQuirky posted:

Sit down for this one.

Love is like oxygen.
You get too much, it gets you high.
Not enough, and you're gonna die.

Sweet!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

An older co-worker of mine was adamant that Carradine died by hanging himself from his dick.

Does he think Carradine's dick got ripped off and he bled to death or what?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Does he think Carradine's dick got ripped off and he bled to death or what?

You know what, we've only discussed this after about ten Koskenkorva-Vichys to a man and I don't think we ever got to the specifics. But I know he didn't really "get" autoerotic asphyxiation.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Maybe he just tied his dick into a noose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Maybe he just tied his dick into a noose.

Maybe Carradine did that as well :shrug: