Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
"they're mad even when they win!"

well. yeah. elections aren't a contest you win, they're a job interview you pass. why the gently caress would you stop being upset at The Direction Of The Nation or whatever just because you got a job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grondoth posted:

Obama in that thing up there just:
1: Acknowledged that democrats don't, overall have a message
2: Articulated a belief that they need one to make people motivated
3: Said the message was "get motivated"
4: SEEMS TO THINK THIS IS OKAY

Was he always like this? Am I now seeing what Paradol Ex saw all those years ago?

paradox ex 10 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqG8JW0lWuQ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

its shocking imo how often everyone forgets libya being obama's fault considering the iraq war is entirely bush/blairs fault

It was actually Crooked Hillary's fault Obama didn't want to get involved but Hillary saw it is as surefire success story for her political career.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
the DNC treated 2016 like a really really really really really long season of Hell's Kitchen, and lost to the host of The Apprentice

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

We should not be surprised that Obama more interested in fundraising for his foundation than actually helping any sort of downticket race.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Grondoth posted:

Was he always like this? Am I now seeing what Paradol Ex saw all those years ago?

obamailures will always be with us

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rand alPaul posted:

Aahahah imagine going into a place where someone paid $237k to see you speak and telling them to go into a church basement and phone bank while eating cold pizza. Holy gently caress.

These idiots deserve to be fleeced.

Edit: LOL

https://twitter.com/TUCapCon/status/1013189038516461568

Absurd Alhazred has issued a correction as of 23:36 on Jun 30, 2018

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Grondoth posted:

I suppose in 2008 people assumed that "get motivate" implied a program of change, rather than being a meaningless mantra. However, after 10 years there is no excuse for not seeing past the deception.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

steinrokkan posted:

I suppose in 2008 people assumed that "get motivate" implied a program of change, rather than being a meaningless mantra. However, after 10 years there is no excuse for not seeing past the deception.

Its night and day between the protests today and AOC actually putting out what we want to work towards and Obama saying vague platitudes to woo people in Beverly Hills

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Its night and day between the protests today and AOC actually putting out what we want to work towards and Obama saying vague platitudes to woo people in Beverly Hills

Obama was a failure since at the end of the day since he was a collection of platitudes covering up 8 years of robbing main street.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Schumer is the consummate nanny-state drug warrior and it's a miracle he even came out for weed with its ~80% support from the base.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1013172604641927170?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

Schumer is the consummate nanny-state drug warrior and it's a miracle he even came out for weed with its ~80% support from the base.

lol

https://twitter.com/mekosoff/status/1013119827853049856

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

loving do it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GSD posted:

loving do it

It's going to take a while, he just got reelected in 2016.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/1013193929657868289?s=19

Keith is good again

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/mattvbrady/status/1012846238813655041?s=19

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1012828823199584256

Interesting Op Ed. Who wrote it?

Lloyd Green was the opposition research counsel to the George H.W. Bush campaign in 1988 and later served in the U.S. Department of Justice. He is now the managing member of research and analytics firm Ospreylytics.

:laugh:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At least we know why bad dems try to rig primaries.

They want every possible dirty trick to prevent even more Berniecrat success in the primary process.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1013155553168814086?s=21

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Dovere seems to have an Alcindor-level hate-boner for Bernie, but this is... really not great, especially given his stance on ICE

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

This dude has always been and will always be trash.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Dovere seems to have an Alcindor-level hate-boner for Bernie, but this is... really not great, especially given his stance on ICE

Another DnD refugee that's failing the CSPAM extreme vetting process.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

etalian posted:

Another DnD refugee that's failing the CSPAM extreme vetting process.

lol hardly

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

how much did this dude cry about purity tests during the 2016 primaries

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
none of those people would show upt o an actual grassroots event if bernie didnt make that poo poo his loving bread and butter leading up to 2016

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

There's an incredible amount of slippage between "We should meet the standards that every other rich democracy has already met" and "We should exceed the standards of every other rich democracy in keeping with the idea that America has moral leadership of the world" and the inconsistency makes my head explode

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Look how Obama is spending his time visiting SV VC places:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-visits-andreessen-horowitz-2018-6

quote:

In 2016, Obama hinted that he might be interested in venture capital as a post-presidency career, and Andreessen Horowitz is regarded as one of the top firms in Silicon Valley, investing in sectors like software, biotech, and crypto.

"The conversations I have with Silicon Valley and with venture capital pull together my interests in science and organization in a way I find really satisfying," Obama told Bloomberg in 2016. "You know, you think about something like precision medicine: the work we've done to try to build off of breakthroughs in the human genome; the fact that now you can have your personal genome mapped for a thousand bucks instead of $100,000; and the potential for us to identify what your tendencies are, and to sculpt medicines that are uniquely effective for you."

"That's just an example of something I can sit and listen and talk to folks for hours about," Obama continued.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

Look how Obama is spending his time visiting SV VC places:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-visits-andreessen-horowitz-2018-6

We already have ObamaCoin

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Daydreaming about Labor Secretary Wolff and Attorney General Black in the first Berniecrat administration. Jail bankers and give funding and the right of first refusal to worker co-ops :black101:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This coin has the side effect of becoming worthless after precisely 8 years.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Daydreaming about Labor Secretary Wolff and Attorney General Black in the first Berniecrat administration. Jail bankers and give funding and the right of first refusal to worker co-ops :black101:

Bernie will disrupt SV by shipping them off to the Maple syrup gulags.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

galenanorth posted:

There's an incredible amount of slippage between "We should meet the standards that every other rich democracy has already met" and "We should exceed the standards of every other rich democracy in keeping with the idea that America has moral leadership of the world" and the inconsistency makes my head explode

Who gives a poo poo if it's for profit or not as long as healthcare is a right

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

If President Donald Trump were to nominate a woman to replace retiring Supreme Court justice Anthony Kennedy, it would make it much more difficult for Democrats to obstruct her appointment, Hillary Clinton's former pollster Mark Penn said during a Thursday interview with "Rising," Hill.TV's morning news show. Picking a woman for the court would also likely boost Trump's approval ratings among women, Penn added.

also more likely to have wikifeet entries for penn to peruse/contribute to

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/status/1013220648607473665

:thunk: expanding infinitely

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

etalian posted:

This coin has the side effect of becoming worthless after precisely 8 years.

After 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

wow, that's how the right got total control of the government?

• Locked thread