Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Super No Vacancy posted:

whos your favorite pikachu clone i like emolga

marill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you

BlazetheInferno posted:

You know what I wanna see in a Pokemon game?

A rival who comments on it if you nickname your starter before your first battle with them. Bonus points if they nickname their own pokemon as a direct result. (aka, they'll only nickname their pokemon if you nickname your starter)

Just have every trainer with nicknamed pokemon

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Oh god. Playing Ultra Sun for the first time.

Route 1 Rockruff. IT'S SO loving ADORABLE.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Plusle and Minun are cute but not very useful, but the same goes for many pikachu clones.

My favorite would probably be Pachirisu.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

All the pikaclones are good.

The Marill line have found a real niche over the years.
Plusle helps secure OHKOs in Colloseum. Minun would have been nice too.
Pachirisu is tougher than rock.
Emolga is a flying squirrel.
Dedenne's fairy typing ended up disappointing, but it's still a walking radio transmitter. That's nice.
Togedemaru... can learn some neat physical moves, I guess.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

togedemaru is a ball of retractable spikes.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

BlazetheInferno posted:

Oh god. Playing Ultra Sun for the first time.

Route 1 Rockruff. IT'S SO loving ADORABLE.

My favorite interactable Pokémon is the Sandygast on Hano Beach (the same beach with the Pyukumuku chucking game).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

less laughter posted:

That's messed up.

Yeah, AC and DC own. (You don't name ever pair of them you've ever caught AC and DC?)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I name them Plusle and Minun

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zoran posted:

I name them Plusle and Minun

very clever reversing their names in their nicknames imo

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Usually I go for the double-bluff

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I trade away garbage Pokemon with legendary names in wonder trade but also definitely name my starters and main team.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I categorically refuse to wondertrade pokémon without nicknaming them first. I also have a box of nicknamd pokémon I've received in wondertrades. It's a sadly sparse box, and I've had to learn that some names (like Gringolem) are just different language official names.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I categorically refuse to wondertrade pokémon without nicknaming them first.

You're a monster. :colbert:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well you're not getting any of my foxes named Boots or Mint or Rascal. :colbert:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I categorically refuse to wondertrade pokémon without nicknaming them first. I also have a box of nicknamd pokémon I've received in wondertrades. It's a sadly sparse box, and I've had to learn that some names (like Gringolem) are just different language official names.

Same. I don't use Pokemon that aren't nicknamed, so I make sure any Pokemon that I wonder trade are nicknamed. I gave out Cutieflys areound Christmas nicknamed things like Sleighbelle and Jingle and Cubones named Dr. Bones, Dana Skully, and different language names for skull.

I received a breeding reject Sandshrew in wonder trade named Rolldolph. I trained him up in the Pelago and used him as a starting Pokemon in Ultra Moon. Little Rolldolph was MVP along with Sunny the Pichu, who I bred, trained and brought over.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Only villains don’t nickname every Pokémon they catch, including the ones they catch just to fill their dex.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

hopeandjoy posted:

Only villains don’t nickname every Pokémon they catch, including the ones they catch just to fill their dex.

:yeah:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

just call them all bub

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

McDragon posted:

just call them all "good dog"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I always nickname everything I use, but the rest, eh. I nickname important ones (shinies, legendaries sometimes) but the rest can stay as it is.

That said, there was that one time I realized the word censor does not stop "Dong" so I caught a bunch of Pokemon, named them all X Dong (replace X with whatever fit the Pokemon) and then WTed them all. My dongs are now all around the world.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

hopeandjoy posted:

Every story needs a villain.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I still think that the greatest nickname I've ever used was calling a Scizor "Wesley Snips."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

McDragon posted:

just call them all bub
My first time through Blue I thought it would be hilarious to name them all MAGIKARP.

...and then when I had to find something in a box I had to individually check each MAGIKARP because there wasn't a faster way.

I was not a clever child.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Pokémon are tools and should not be named.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I can never decide if Fauxliage for a Sudowoodo or Foaliage for Deerling is better

also "dang she"

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

sir these are not the shin megami tensei games

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

your DS is off

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tools should be named. Accept this or I will introduce you to Edgar, my crowbar.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

yeah, they’re named Bongo Bill

just kidding, Bill, you're all right

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Togedemaru has a good move and makes a really good angry face.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
As an aside, having just recently gotten Ultra Sun, I'm depressed that the only way to get an Own Tempo Rockruff these days is via trading, either having a friend with one or getting lucky through online trades.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

BlazetheInferno posted:

As an aside, having just recently gotten Ultra Sun, I'm depressed that the only way to get an Own Tempo Rockruff these days is via trading, either having a friend with one or getting lucky through online trades.
I mean, I could breed one up for you if you wanted.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think I want to be friends with anyone who didn't nickname their box legendary Nebby

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think I want to be friends with anyone who didn't nickname their box legendary Nebby

Give it its own Box called "The Bag"

PetraCore posted:

I mean, I could breed one up for you if you wanted.

I might look into it another time, for now it was kinda just an observation. I may even try my luck on the GTS lottery if I find some reasonable offers.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

It's more of a boxed legendary, either way.

I wonder what they'll do with Orange Lycanroc, event Pokemon have been left in the dust, but event evolution seems like a waste.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Abundant Atrophy posted:

It's more of a boxed legendary, either way.

I wonder what they'll do with Orange Lycanroc, event Pokemon have been left in the dust, but event evolution seems like a waste.

I mean there are a lot of Pokemon that are going to be weird to see how they handle going forward. Like the bank-compatible totems.

Also its not like we haven't had normal 'event' pokemon just get folded into normalcy in a later game. Zorua/Zoroark started as event mons, as did Deoxys and they're both freely available now.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What mon pairs best with a Porygon-Z and Nidoking in terms of typing for a Battle Tree run? I usually lead with Porygon and Nidoking targets a lot of things the former doesn't, but he's very frail and not great at taking hits, looking for something that I can pivot into better

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Parrotine posted:

What mon pairs best with a Porygon-Z and Nidoking in terms of typing for a Battle Tree run? I usually lead with Porygon and Nidoking targets a lot of things the former doesn't, but he's very frail and not great at taking hits, looking for something that I can pivot into better

You could always go for something really tanky like Zapdos, Slowbro or Celesteela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Zapdos is an excellent idea! Thanks for the tip bud :hfive: