Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calibanibal posted:

Ocasio and I split a pizza once and she took all the leftovers home w/out asking. I couldn't even look aT her after that

This is very troubling, but unless she dabbed the pizza with napkins beforehand I will give her the benefit of the dou--oh gently caress she's eating it with a fork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

i say swears online posted:

i think gore, mcgovern and mondale would have won in 2016 but kerry, dukakis and stevenson would have lost

dems dig up william jennings bryan for another go at it

it's his turn

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zas posted:

Kerry vs Trump would be hilarious

The Choice

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chiming in to say the thread title is violence

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Rand alPaul posted:

This is very troubling, but unless she dabbed the pizza with napkins beforehand I will give her the benefit of the dou--oh gently caress she's eating it with a fork.

I don't care how she eats her sandwiches.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ShutUpAndrosky/status/1013265014411522048

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I will always love that TB was all-in on Duckworth.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it is a shame shes not a tankie but we cant always get what we want

shes infiltr8ing like a trot :twisted:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Oh Snapple! posted:

tiny brontosaurus?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OmanyteJackson posted:

Chiming in to say the thread title is violence

The song is cringe worthy especially lines like "Experience is not a liability"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Remember when ACORN had an obvious hit job done on them by a clearly disingenuous actor who was obviously lying about what he did and saw, and when the unedited tapes got shown ACORN people were actually acting very virtuous and often times risking their own safety and comfort to do the right thing, but the dems rushed to condemn and defund them anyway

Remember when that one lady told a story about how knowing the history of how badly black farmers got hosed over made her at first not push as hard as she could when helping white farmers, but then she realized that they were all being attacked by the same forces and she not only became a tireless advocate for them but also a lifelong friend, and Obama fired her cause Fox freaked the gently caress out

yeah, we all thought it was weird but then were proven wrong when the dems won over all the republicans and no dem has lost an election since

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah, we all thought it was weird but then were proven wrong when the dems won over all the republicans and no dem has lost an election since

Bernie didn't vote to defund ACORN even when all the bad dems rushed to do it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

that's not much different from half the democrats currently serving tbh

Well, Painter literally worked for the Bush Administration.

(So yeah, not much different.)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

etalian posted:

Bernie didn't vote to defund ACORN even when all the bad dems rushed to do it.

that's why we have so little decorum now

cause of the evil divisive bernie slanders

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We need to Logan's Run the Dems

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

:qq:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/bernie-sanders-backed-nominees-score-wins-longshot-races-n888071

quote:

And while anyone would rather be above .500 than below it, winning 42 percent of the time isn’t bad for a nascent political group.

That’s the good news for the Bernie wing of the Democratic Party. The not-as-good news is where those victories have come.

Only one of those 14 congressional primary wins has come in a district that is currently labeled as a battleground, by the Cook Political Report – New York’s 24th district, which is currently rated “likely Republican.”

Of the other 13 wins, 10 have come in districts that are rated as safe Republican seats, meaning those Democratic nominees aren’t likely to make it to Congress. And three wins have come in seats that are rated as safe Democratic seats. Of those three safe Democratic wins, one candidate was an incumbent and one was vying for a seat where the incumbent was retiring. So, Ocasio-Cortez’s win is the group’s only victory over an establishment incumbent.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

love too have a controlled opposition party with the same average age as the soviet politburo circa 1986

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
More candidates like this, please
https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1013540404879396865

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

love too have a controlled opposition party with the same average age as the soviet politburo circa 1986

politburo was around a decade younger

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

It would also explain the lack of new ideas and resistance to change.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it's gonna be so much fun to watch people like Alexandria get elected to congress and ether all the gen x dolts

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Honestly the problem is they have so many bad ideas! A 90 year old who wants cool things would be fuckin' fine, but this failure generation of democrats has clung to power in leadership even as like 3 decades of their rule has demolished so many things they claim they like and brought us Trump.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

that screeching you hear is all the neverbernies realizing that ocasio is a berniebro

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1013417085261709312

quote:

But one waitress has a bad memory of working with Ocasio-Cortez, 28, as Ocasio-Cortez tended bar during the very busy Cinco de Mayo celebration in 2017.

At the end of the night, when it came time to split the $560 in tips she had gotten at the bar, Ocasio-Cortez gave the waitress only $50. After the waitress complained to her manager, her take was doubled to $100, a source said.

“It says so much about her character,” said my source. “From that point on, I wouldn’t talk to her. I couldn’t look at her.”

drat, now I can't vote for her!
... because I'm not in her district.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
lol the “Hillary opened the door for AOC” lady has a spicy take

https://twitter.com/kristenblush/status/1013542020659535872?s=21

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Absurd Alhazred posted:

this is some dumb bullshit

like, this is the most petty bs they could dig up. a coworker felt she was owed more money? wow!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ALEXANDRIA TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1013480623531593735

from down in the replies......... what the???

https://twitter.com/aschleigh/status/1013489093035024385?s=21

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

this is some dumb bullshit

like, this is the most petty bs they could dig up. a coworker felt she was owed more money? wow!

They're not sending their best people to dig up this dirt.

BRAINWORMS.txt

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

let me tell you how awful this woman was who didn’t give me enough tips and when I complained, doubled my take. I will carry this grudge to my grave.

reporter: I can’t think of anything more newsworthy. PRINT IT JOHNNY

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

famously white pundit @briebriejoy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

i say swears online posted:

i think gore, mcgovern and mondale would have won in 2016 but kerry, dukakis and stevenson would have lost

2000 Gore would have lost, but 2016 Gore ironically probably would have won in 2016

His whole Climate Warrior shtick is at least a shtick. I was 13 in 2000 but I don't remember 2000 Gore having much of a shtick at all beyond an association with Clinton.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

imagine being this idiotic. seriously, reading her replies she seems to be in some sort of alternate reality where the intercept conspired against AOC instead of boosting her candidacy, where AOC is anti-bernie and bernie is anti-aoc, and where black women are white men

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

loquacius posted:

2000 Gore would have lost, but 2016 Gore ironically probably would have won in 2016

His whole Climate Warrior shtick is at least a shtick. I was 13 in 2000 but I don't remember 2000 Gore having much of a shtick at all beyond an association with Clinton.

Gore was very much trying to be Clinton, again, but this time not gonna rape an intern

His 2000 campaign was deeply centrist on pretty much everything, and it was pretty easy to find him and Bush saying the exact same things.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How do you know who Briahna Gray is in 2018 without knowing she's black by now

I thought all the "stop whitesplaining @briebriejoy :mad:" poo poo got worked out of everyone's system last year

Condiv posted:

imagine being this idiotic. seriously, reading her replies she seems to be in some sort of alternate reality where the intercept conspired against AOC instead of boosting her candidacy, where AOC is anti-bernie and bernie is anti-aoc, and where black women are white men

She appears to be one of those people who see politics as a competition between lists of adjectives describing candidates and don't know what "issues" are

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Gore was very much trying to be Clinton, again, but this time not gonna rape an intern

His 2000 campaign was deeply centrist on pretty much everything, and it was pretty easy to find him and Bush saying the exact same things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dvbM6Pias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Grondoth posted:

All he needed was several years in exile to figure out something he actually cared about

Sadly I don't think HRC will have a similar epiphany since she's still devoting all her time to self-pity

• Locked thread