Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ronald McReagan posted:

Back in 2011 a journalist prank called (then Wisconsin governor) Scott walker's office during the protests over the anti-union legislation pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, immediately got forwarded through to walker himself, and suggested using agent provacateurs to bust up the protests, which walker said they were already talking about doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

That time when a politican didn't even pass level 70 a year into Wrath of the Lich King

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Feldegast42 posted:

That time when a politican didn't even pass level 70 a year into Wrath of the Lich King

embarassing. low energy. sad.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
that time President Ronald Reagan, in the decade of our lord the 1980's, wanted to shoot intercontinental ballistic missiles down using orbital lasers, and then decided to call the program Star Wars

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Farrier Theaks posted:

that time President Ronald Reagan, in the decade of our lord the 1980's, wanted to shoot intercontinental ballistic missiles down using orbital lasers, and then decided to call the program Star Wars

The time the US found out that the USSR has become dependent on industrial espionage for its technological development, intentionally sabotaged plans causing mechanical faults and death, and then started an arms race they knew the USSR couldn't really take part in, leading to their collapse. Instead of, instead, using this as leverage to promote mutual disarmament.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Finicums Wake posted:

freedom fries

Which itself was just a repeat of Freedom Cabbages.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pretty sure it was victory/liberty cabbage. Apparently frankfurters were liberty sausages at some point.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Which itself was just a repeat of Freedom Cabbages.

Yeah but like we were at war with Germany, as dumb as freedom cabbage is.

France just rightly pointed out that invading Iraq was super dumb

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
that time soft money millionaire murdered tim russert

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

idk whether this or the florida republican candidate who was really into larping vampire the masquerade is more embarrassing

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

thinkin about the mayor of my state's capital being convicted of a felon, still getting re-elected, and then putting out his own marinara sauce which was supposed to donate a portion of its profits to a tuition fund but then years later it was revealed over 4 years its profit was $3

in conclusion america is a land of contrasts

hello fellow rhodie

11 years ago the current president of the united states and vince mcmahon faced their chosen champions, both men of color, against each other to see who would have to shave their head. it ended with stone cold steve austin assaulting everyone involved.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

the united states

it ended

with stone cold steve austin assaulting everyone involved.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Just thought of the time Michele Obama invited Common to a lyric and poetry event at the White House and right wing media want apoplectic

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/11/rapper-common-white-house-invite

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

hello fellow rhodie

Growing up in Newport makes it very very easy to hate rich people

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/451901373932920832

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xSvYHAJPRQ

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Growing up in Newport makes it very very easy to hate rich people

yeah i live in middletown now and uber people around newport and, uh, woof.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Finicums Wake posted:

idk whether this or the florida republican candidate who was really into larping vampire the masquerade is more embarrassing

The latter because Masquerade was pretty anti-authoritarian at core.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

idk what game you played because in all the vtm games i played the prince ruled his city with a maille gauntlet in a velvet glove

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

yeah i live in middletown now and uber people around newport and, uh, woof.

Newport's always been full of Old Money but it's gotten so much worse in the past decade or so. Tourist season in the summer turned into a year round tourist hell, people are constantly getting pushed out of apartments so the landlords can convert them into airbnbs (this happened to my dad 2 months ago), Jay Leno bought a house there, all the good bars closed and bougie places took their spots. It's really sad. Rhode Island's got a great unique history and culture compared to pretty much any other state and it's slowly just getting hosed into the ground while everyone gets driven out.

Anyway funny politics poo poo remember when :mitt: just told 47% of the country to gently caress themselves and then he lost for some reason

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Ronald McReagan posted:

Back in 2011 a journalist prank called (then Wisconsin governor) Scott walker's office during the protests over the anti-union legislation pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, immediately got forwarded through to walker himself, and suggested using agent provacateurs to bust up the protests, which walker said they were already talking about doing.

this made me actually laugh out loud

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Alright, so this goes way back. It's I think 2005. I'm fifteen, my brother is twelve. We're both Boy Scouts and we're out selling wreaths in the rich part of town, because camp ain't cheap.

My brother goes up to this house and comes back empty-handed and completely bewildered. He knocked on the door, they opened it, he introduced himself, and guess what they said, I poo poo you not?

"We only take solicitations from our future president, Ron Paul."

To a twelve-year-old Boy Scout. I was boggled, he was boggled, my mom driving the drat car was boggled. I will never forget that. I could even point out which house it was today.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Redeye Flight posted:

Alright, so this goes way back. It's I think 2005. I'm fifteen, my brother is twelve. We're both Boy Scouts and we're out selling wreaths in the rich part of town, because camp ain't cheap.

My brother goes up to this house and comes back empty-handed and completely bewildered. He knocked on the door, they opened it, he introduced himself, and guess what they said, I poo poo you not?

"We only take solicitations from our future president, Ron Paul."

To a twelve-year-old Boy Scout. I was boggled, he was boggled, my mom driving the drat car was boggled. I will never forget that. I could even point out which house it was today.

your brother needed to google ron paul

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Comrayn posted:

along these lines, when trump made a speech about Puerto Rico after the hurricane and he kept sarcastically over stressing the “pwairto” pronunciation like it was some insanely alien word
and he had to be talked down from throwing canned food into the audience

jerry seinfel posted:

santorum saying blaaaahhh people

also santorum losing, that owned
I also remember him getting clowned by CNN post Republican debate because he was saying what a dangerous idiot Trump was and the CNN guy asked him why he was going to a rally with him afterwards

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

RI chat: I never liked visiting my RI cousins because where they lived, Barrington, was practically fascist. People would stare us down from their bay windows and they'd get the police to hassle us. At 7 pm when the sun was still up. We were 12.

My cousin's friend set off an M-80 one night in their school parking lot. My cousin and I headed home biking through a park trail in the dark. The others decided to chance it and walk home. The police found them 3/4 of a mile away and arrested them with no evidence to do so.

None of the local theaters had any showings after 8 at night.

When my cousin was 16, Barrington High had the highest claimed per-student weed rate in the country, which is actually pretty rad.

RI really sucked in the 90's.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Ronald McReagan posted:

i listened to the audio of that call when it came out and the worst part of it by far was the subservient tone my loving governor took with who he thought was koch

it was a look behind the curtain thats for drat sure that motherfucker was positively giddy to do whatever the big donor wanted him to

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg

i think either this or the part where he just kept saying "wrong" over and over was the moment my psyche cracked

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Former DILF posted:

idk what game you played because in all the vtm games i played the prince ruled his city with a maille gauntlet in a velvet glove

Exactly. Vampires are horrible monsters and their organizations are pretty on-the-nose reflections of the capitalist systems. You were supposed to find those things bad. 1E/2E had a lot fo focus on playing rebels and/or reformers within the various Supernatural groups, which slowly faded away into becoming soap-opera as the metaplot took over.

If someone thinks the Camarilla are the good guys, chances are they're an rear end in a top hat.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/895353594127552517

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Ron Paul Mania sweeping the internet's Extremely Influential demographic of kids who are too young to vote

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

logikv9 posted:

Ron Paul Mania sweeping the internet's Extremely Influential demographic of kids who are too young to vote
oh god, the blimp

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Google Pr0n Haul

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lmao. They put money into this at the same time as child concentration camps got going

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rand Paul's nuanced take on domestic drone strikes:

“I’ve never argued against any technology being used when you have an imminent threat, an active crime going on. If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash, I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him.”

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Exactly. Vampires are horrible monsters and their organizations are pretty on-the-nose reflections of the capitalist systems. You were supposed to find those things bad. 1E/2E had a lot fo focus on playing rebels and/or reformers within the various Supernatural groups, which slowly faded away into becoming soap-opera as the metaplot took over.

If someone thinks the Camarilla are the good guys, chances are they're an rear end in a top hat.

The camarilla are kinda like the Dems in the sense that they both are parasitic, corrupt and stagnant institutions but their major opposition groups, the Sabbat and Republicans, are blackpilled lunatics

Anarchs are the DSA

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

this pic should be the ed balls of this thread

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dreddout posted:

The camarilla are kinda like the Dems in the sense that they both are parasitic, corrupt and stagnant institutions but their major opposition groups, the Sabbat and Republicans, are blackpilled lunatics

Anarchs are the DSA

:hai:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Filthy Hans posted:

Rand Paul's nuanced take on domestic drone strikes:

“I’ve never argued against any technology being used when you have an imminent threat, an active crime going on. If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash, I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him.”

RoboCop but it's a drone and instead of sweet pistol draws it's a hellfire missile

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

logikv9 posted:

Yeah well, guess who they grew up into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

logikv9 posted:

This just reminds me about how being 17 on an election year sucks rear end because suddenly everything's the fuckin politics job fair and everyone expects you to choose a side and be as informed a voter as possible even though you can't vote and you just want to come home from school and sleep.