Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Brony Car posted:

The guy has salvaged a ton of bad matches for your stupid club. You should be glad he’s staying.

He's scored 12 goals in 105 matches for United.

He had a late winner against Arsenal this season. He scored one goal in a 3-0 match against Middlesbrough in the 16/17 campaign, his only goal that season. He scored one goal in an away loss to Bournemouth in the 15/16 campaign, his only goal that season. He scored a late winner against Crystal Palace in the 14/15 campaign, 1 of 6 goals that season, the other 5 all not being equalizers or winners.

So, he salvaged two matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1012698325806542848
These were expected, especially when Chiellini was named the new team captain even though he didn't have a contract.

You think Rugani will be shipped out? I can't imagine you'll want to rely on Barzagli to stay fit all season at the ripe age of 55 or whatever.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

You think Rugani will be shipped out? I can't imagine you'll want to rely on Barzagli to stay fit all season at the ripe age of 55 or whatever.

I think it's very likely, but not a sure thing. My guess is that only one of Rugani or Benatia will leave. Caldara's 2 year loan with Atalanta ended too, so he'll be in the mix.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

NTRabbit posted:

As an Arsnel fan I can categorically assure you there is no trophy for "would've"

Second or, hell, even consistently fourth is a pretty good place to be and its funny to see people complain about it like their team is the worst in the league

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this was unexpected

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1012753592950886400

i know serie a watchers laugh at sturaro but is he just not good enough for juve or actually poo poo?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ki and Jonjo back together again.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jose posted:

this was unexpected

i know serie a watchers laugh at sturaro but is he just not good enough for juve or actually poo poo?

Mostly the former, but with a comfortable amount of the latter. I reckon if he went to a mid table squad in Serie A or Prem, he'd be a serviceable squad player, maybe a starter if someone can find some form in the thick bastard.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Pasquato has been ejected from Legia's training camp. Safe to say he's going to be leaving soon. Anyone in the market for a failed former Juventus youth superstar?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

this was unexpected

I mean there was a reason Juve signed him; I think he'd do ok at a team that isn't as skill oriented as they are. That said, the tweet's been deleted. I'm assuming Newcastle are in for him?

mackintosh posted:

Pasquato has been ejected from Legia's training camp. Safe to say he's going to be leaving soon. Anyone in the market for a failed former Juventus youth superstar?

lmao at this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It was a tweet saying we've signed ki on a free. Guess it was just waiting on him being out of the world cup to announce.

We've been heavily linked with sturaro but they want €20m which would break out transfer record so lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

It was a tweet saying we've signed ki on a free. Guess it was just waiting on him being out of the world cup to announce.

He had his medical today, and your doctors didn't find his lack of courage.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

We've been heavily linked with sturaro but they want €20m which would break out transfer record so lol

Yeah, you don't want to do that

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I heard that Fellaini is on more than Januzaj was, c/d?

690k/week, insanity.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Incredible, just a few years ago you could have a player like di Canio for £14.88/wk

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!

Gigi Galli posted:

Rugani has been linked with Chelsea for a while. Supposedly if we get Sarri.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

Mental that Owen is still you're transfer record. Surely there isn't another club in the Premier League with a transfer record that's what, 13 years old? I know Ashley is a tight fisted gently caress and all, but still. You would think that with the amount of mismanagement at the club you would have spent £20m+ on some shitheel whose agent was a mate of his or something.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mickolution posted:

Mental that Owen is still you're transfer record. Surely there isn't another club in the Premier League with a transfer record that's what, 13 years old? I know Ashley is a tight fisted gently caress and all, but still. You would think that with the amount of mismanagement at the club you would have spent £20m+ on some shitheel whose agent was a mate of his or something.

Mike Ashley chipped in £15m of his own cash, bought 12 players and let the club make a £90m loss (despite selling Sissoko and Wijnaldum for silly money) to try to get promoted back to the PL.

If only we could all have owners that tight.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
West Ham won't pay £25m for Mawson so he's staying put according to a bloke who played water polo with him in Spain yesterday.

Hopefully Leeds come back for Bartley.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Last season every other team had broken their record within the previous 2 seasons

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Galatasaray/status/1013003534751748097

cool gif, man

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope noted good team Manchester United spend one billion earth dollars on Mbappe as a long term replacement for Antonio Valencia at full back

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
With Mourinho in charge it'll be Gareth Bale

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Hmm well Albion getting relegated was a tough pill to swallow, took a break from club news for a bit but surely the board has been actively preparing to bounce back up this season, let's check the transfer news-- :stare: oh my god we're going down again. gently caress Lai Guochan.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

West Ham won't pay £25m for Mawson so he's staying put according to a bloke who played water polo with him in Spain yesterday.

Good, we've got 4 good CBs already. Don't need to spend that kind of money on another imo, we need someone who can do the Lanzini role far more urgently

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I can't wait to see which shithouse striker West ham buy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Jordan Ayew

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jose posted:

Daniel Sturridge

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

brocked posted:

With Mourinho in charge it'll be Gareth Bale

oh no not Gareth Bale!!!!! ugh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

brocked posted:

With Mourinho in charge it'll be Willian

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Jose posted:

Where is Premier League Striker Jozy Altidore?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1013089786159091712

Politano was the only good attacking player in a dogshit boring Sassuolo side this year, and Napoli tried to sign him in January, could be a good signing.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Jose posted:

I haven't even seen any rumours about us buying strikers yet, looks likely that we're aiming to start the season with Arnautovic and Chicharito as our striking options which isn't too bad

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

I haven't even seen any rumours about us buying strikers yet, looks likely that we're aiming to start the season with Arnautovic and Chicharito as our striking options which isn't too bad

"isn't too bad" lol loving hell West Ham

Are you lot literally not going to be happy until Lampard goes back in time and brings Bobby Moore into the midfield with a 25 year old himself?

gently caress sake, you're delusional

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1013678293768339456

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Neat.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Extremely my poo poo

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Release clauses are worthless anyway. If Barca come in with £150m offer and Mo decides he wants to win a kid of trophies in the Sun I doubt the five year commitment will prove a major obstacle.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ninpo posted:

Are you lot literally not going to be happy until Lampard goes back in time and brings Bobby Moore into the midfield with a 25 year old himself?

"Not too bad" is just a phrase that people use Ninpo, it doesn't mean much other than being generally positive.

Also Javier Hernandez is not very good (watch him score a hat trick later).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea are signing Jordi Govea from Real Madrid.

Players came back for training today and I'm shocked that so many bothered showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

This is a weird melt down.

• Locked thread