Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

big scary monsters posted:

been in Latvia, drinking lots of Latvian beers. mostly decent but forgettable, if you're into german and czech styles you'll be happy here but probably not blown away. valmiermuizas stands out in quality although especially the dark beer is a bit sweeter and maltier than im used to - this seems to be common across a lot of styles here. cesu seems like the best of the big brands, pretty drinkable and cheap lager if you're just looking for A Beer. labietis do a cool barley wine that ive actually seen outside latvia too, their berry beer is bad tho

thanks for reading my review of latvian beer. Riga sucks but the rest of the country seems cool, please also try the smoked meats, black balsam, the green cheese and some of the herbal teas

now im in poland to drink polish beer that isn't tyskie and zywiec

did you go to labietis in riga? when i went there they had like 10 different beers and some of them were really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
beer purity is mandated by edict of DOOM!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

did you go to labietis in riga? when i went there they had like 10 different beers and some of them were really good

no, I only got a chance to try them in bottles. saw that they do an IPA and weizen and others too but despite my best efforts over the midsummer festival I wasn't able to try every latvian beer. maybe next year...

probably riga is cool if you know where to go but we were only there a few hours and were comparing it with tallinn which is really nice

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
since were talkin russian beers i picked this one up yesterday along with some czech and polish stuff

havent tried it yet

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

since were talkin russian beers i picked this one up yesterday along with some czech and polish stuff

havent tried it yet

my fave russian booze (besides energy drinks) is some imperial stout

not sure if the poo poo i get here is proper rus but, i'ts filthy and makes me slav squat

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

syscall girl posted:

my fave russian booze (besides energy drinks) is some imperial stout

not sure if the poo poo i get here is proper rus but, i'ts filthy and makes me slav squat

I think Imperial Stouts were actually invented by the British on the occasion of a visit by one of the Tsars to the green and pleasant land? That's what I heard anyways?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

havent tried it yet

trip report: pretty standard eastern european lager. bit of a musky taste but finishes clean anyway

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

I think Imperial Stouts were actually invented by the British on the occasion of a visit by one of the Tsars to the green and pleasant land? That's what I heard anyways?

hmm

i know porters were invented by the british with their clever naming schemes

what porters drink, call it porters

and IPAs which i love "how can we send casks of booze to our m8s in the colonies? up the abv!"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
time for a rye & ginger :canada: :cheers:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
it's funny because dingo ate my baby turned out to be true

but she was sloshed on goon

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

oh gently caress i love great lakes. i used to get one of theirs in dc - lake erie monster. wish i could get it in mass, but noooo

yeah their distro network is weird

Corla Plankun posted:

the edmund fitz is one of the best porters i've ever had

it's the most decorated porter in the world

also i'm mad they didn't do grandes lagos cerveza this summer, that poo poo was loving delicious

cloudcutter is too bitter

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

syscall girl posted:

hmm

and IPAs which i love "how can we send casks of booze to our m8s in the colonies? up the abv!"

all beer origination stories are pretty much made up as far as i'm concerned, that being said, https://www.americancraftbeer.com/hell-russian-imperial-stout/ seems like a decent write up.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

syscall girl posted:

hmm

IPAs are "load it with hops so nobody can tell its gone bad"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

IPAs are "load it with hops so nobody can tell its gone bad"

you live right next to the maine beer company

how are your ipa opinions this stupid

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ipas are trash for idiots

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Captain Foo posted:

you live right next to the maine beer company

how are your ipa opinions this stupid

it's shaggar, having terrible opinions about everything is his shtick

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Shaggar posted:

ipas are trash for idiots

obligatory please don't sign your posts

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

it's shaggar, having terrible opinions about everything is his shtick

i get hating ipas because they are or were trendy but they're still delicous

and yeah they historically have a high abv

the stupid hops race was stupid though

but it's not bad

remember skunky beer face guy? he likes light lagers because he is an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOP5PBIghhc

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

last night i drank a 22oz bottle of kbs and then filled the glass with tequila a few times and fell asleep on my friend's couch

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

last night i drank a 22oz bottle of kbs and then filled the glass with tequila a few times and fell asleep on my friend's couch

"fell asleep"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i drank an alcohol

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

fart simpson posted:

i drank an alcohol

:same:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

same except way too many over this past weekend

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i still feel like this thread needs to be repurposed to provide resources for people to stop drinking and as a means for people to have support in pursuing sobriety

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bachelor parties are cool and good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stymie posted:

i still feel like this thread needs to be repurposed to provide resources for people to stop drinking and as a means for people to have support in pursuing sobriety

Actually, that would be a better fit in YLLS, GBS or TCC.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
cheers

*clinks glass with every character from every bar, pub, watering hole, speakeasy, dive, and lounge pouring back for a HUGE party*

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Improbable Lobster posted:

it would be appropriate in all of those places and here as well

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

yuuuup. went to 3 breweries on saturday and buuurrrrrp. highlight was this one kinda surf themed joint that had a barrel aged sour stout. that sounds hosed up and terrible but I poo poo you not it was up there with some of the Belgian sours.

Sniep posted:

cheers

*clinks glass with every character from every bar, pub, watering hole, speakeasy, dive, and lounge pouring back for a HUGE party*

extremely same

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Improbable Lobster posted:

this poor bastard is so blighted by drink that he forgot not to quote the stymie

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
stymies posts make me want to drink, so every time he posts it's counterproductive to his stated goal

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
i've been checking out tequilas lately. they're okay, still prefer bourbon and gin i think.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stymie posted:

it would be appropriate in all of those places and here as well

I suggest making those threads in the appropriate subforums.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector posted:

we're making some ropa vieja so maybe ill buy some different beer to have with it but tbh the coronas are so mild theyd probably be fine

the ropa vieja was delicious and it went real well with a few coronas, might have to grab another steak next time since it was veggie heavy but it was so good idc

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 18, 2018

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I’m pretty sure I found a Stymie post about alcohol in the wild

surprisingly it doesn’t also mention juche

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
Drinking bourbon with soda water and working through hackerrank poo poo as interview prep.

The only help resources this thread needs are tips on refactoring code you wrote while drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/995080643129303040

This poo poo tastes like cough syrup, and not in the "Russians think root beer tastes like cough syrup because of the tragic horrors of the Stalinist gulag system" way, either. It actually tastes like cough syrup.

you are a liar
this beer tastes amazing and i am glad i remembered this post when i saw it in the store and had to get some