Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Was that article written by Tom Brady?

If it were Foles would be higher to soothe his ego imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am pleasantly surprised at the level of respect given to Ken Anderson even if he's too low.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

quote:

Former Patriot says he “hated” his time in New England

Now-49ers defensive end Cassius Marsh said he “hated” his time with the Patriots.

“They don’t have fun there. There’s nothing fun about it. There’s nothing happy about it. I didn’t enjoy any of my time there, you know what I’m saying?” Marsh said, via Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. “It made me for the first time in my life think about not playing football because I hated it that much.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/28/former-patriot-says-he-hated-his-time-in-new-england/

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
drat, still laughing. My abs are getting strong from how much I am laughing at the Patriots for losing to a backup QB in the super bowl, the biggest game of the year.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

It was hilarious listening to Felger and Mazz when this story popped up. They went off on how hard Marsh sucks.

Does it still count for the thread if I'm laughing at a former patriot?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Magnetic North posted:

It was hilarious listening to Felger and Mazz when this story popped up. They went off on how hard Marsh sucks.

Does it still count for the thread if I'm laughing at a former patriot?

Yeah I heard a bunch of commentators get all pissy and talk about how bad he is or that he's just trying to get back at the the coaching staff or something.

What if, and stay with me here, playing under Tom Brady and Bill Bellichik actually sucks and isn't fun at all? Everything about that is completely believable

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah playing for losers must suck

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Play posted:

Yeah I heard a bunch of commentators get all pissy and talk about how bad he is or that he's just trying to get back at the the coaching staff or something.

What if, and stay with me here, playing under Tom Brady and Bill Bellichik actually sucks and isn't fun at all? Everything about that is completely believable

Ya but then I dawnt want them on the pats the loozahs! Who cares! Footbahl isn't fun for you. Wahh. And beforah someone says waaaaaahh felgah what about gronk he has fun waaaaah shut up. Just shut up. You want to win, you give everything up for the team...which is why this Brady holding out is such a dink move let me tell you...

*Blows his brains out during drive time home*

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheMightyEROCK/status/1002531504889753600?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

At least he looks close to catching it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 2, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:five:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tom Brady's preferred defensive strategy seems to be to fall over.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't believe the NFL is rigged but if I did the best evidence I have are all the opportunities defensive players have to absolutely decleat Tom Brady and they always seem to pull up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't believe the NFL is rigged but if I did the best evidence I have are all the opportunities defensive players have to absolutely decleat Tom Brady and they always seem to pull up.

If they don't they will get penalized, fined, and possibly ejected. I don't think anyone has ever been told "don't hit tom brady" but I think every defender that has that opportunity knows what the costs are.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Only one way to find out. :getin:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Have the Pats replace the Browns in the AFC North. 9-7 ceilings forever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

If they don't they will get penalized, fined, and possibly ejected. I don't think anyone has ever been told "don't hit tom brady" but I think every defender that has that opportunity knows what the costs are.

This is why Bernard Pollard deserves the Football Medal of Honor.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What kind of team would go to the Trump white house rotflmao.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Diqnol posted:

What kind of team would go to the Trump white house rotflmao.

Russian Patriots.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1007454623278551043

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1007454102081728512

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/_mobileview/news/jeffrey-lurie-explains-the-details-of-the-super-bowl-ring

quote:

The 2017 Super Bowl Championship Ring is made of pure 10-karat white gold, adorned with a total of 219 diamonds and 17 rare green sapphires.

The Eagle head logo is displayed with 52 pavé-set diamonds, signifying a victory over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 52.

The Lombardi Trophy contains 16 diamonds, one for each of the team’s 16 victories in the 2017 season.

The 13 diamonds at the base of the trophy represent a franchise-record-tying 13 wins in the regular season.

At the top of the Lombardi Trophy, three diamonds represent the three postseason victories. A sizeable marquise-cut diamond at the top of the trophy represents the first Super Bowl Championship.

The bezel of the ring features a waterfall of 127 diamonds, paying tribute to the "Philly Special.” The 127 diamonds represent the sum of the jersey numbers of the three players who handled the football after the snap on the fourth-and-goal play at the 1-yard line. Running back Corey Clement, No. 30, took the direct snap, flipped the football to tight end Trey Burton, No. 88, who rolled right, and threw a touchdown pass to quarterback Nick Foles, No. 9, for the touchdown.

The ring also boasts four green sapphires to represent the franchise’s 4 NFL Championships – in 1948, 1949, 1960, and now Super Bowl LII.

To honor the great Eagles fans, the ring includes a silhouette of Lincoln Financial Field as well as the title of the fight song, “Fly, Eagles Fly,” spelled out on the outer band of the ring.

To recall the “Underdog” theme that galvanized the team, the City of Philadelphia, and Eagles fans in the playoffs, a dog mask is inscribed on the inside of the ring for the players and coaches.

The bottom of the inside arbor is inscribed with each player’s signature – the first-time championship rings have ever featured engraved signatures.

A spectacular championship ring, it also includes the team’s central mantra from the season, “We All We Got, We All We Need.” The word “family” sits below the Super Bowl LII logo and serves as a reminder of the team’s commitment and dedication to each other.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Look at poor Jimmy G, obviously not wanting to be there and biting his lips to keep the scream inside.

Thank god we were able to get him out of that NE hellhole.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Father's day is coming up, don't forget to kiss your father (on the lips).

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I am sure a lot of Boston fans are adding plenty of salt to theirs

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

No days off is now two and a half days off because nobody wants to come to our wretched mini-camps. This won't bite them in the rear end....no siree...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
No days off...from laughing at the Patriots

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Can we laugh at Celtics in this thread too?

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1009818003620450305

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

we can laugh at everything boston ITT

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
just watched some bowl highlights for the first time in a couple months.

lmao

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Never let it end.
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1010880259972128773

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"Tom Brady bereft on the turf, it has literally been ripped from his grasp"

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/the-tom-brady-strip-sack-as-called-by-announcers-from-1822718984

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Dear TFF,

Sometimes when I'm sad I think about the past. And then I remember what happened in February and it brings a smile to my face. A bubbling joy begins to form in me that demands to be let out. And with a merry laugh I enjoy the thought of how the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Just knowing this thread exists, for the reasons it exists, is enough to keep me going through these difficult times.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Every time I come back here, whether I've been gone for a week or gone for only a few hours, every time there is a new post. That's serious dedication. That's putting the team first, which is what Beichick failed to do. Our team, the winning team, the team of people who are laughing at the Patriots, which is everybody, showed that true grit. Really, the Patriots could learn something from this thread. Like why everyone is laughing at them

I know this thread is for laughing at the patriots, but I hope its okay to have a little derail thanking everyone who helps us all continue to laugh at the Patriots. You da real MVP.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lmao eat Nick's fat cock Tom

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
"Brady's the most clutch QB ever." *

*ignores him getting strip sacked at the most crucial time possible in the SB**

**ignores him throwing multiple passes into the dirt with game on the line.***

***BUT HE THREW FOR SO MANY YARDS!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

"Brady's the most clutch QB ever." *

*ignores him getting strip sacked at the most crucial time possible in the SB**

**ignores him throwing multiple passes into the dirt with game on the line.***

***BUT HE THREW FOR SO MANY YARDS!

Specifically he’s this clutch