Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

One thing not spelled out in the patch notes buy looks lit that in the photos.
The item shop now uses Dimension Event tokens to buy items not crystals. Which makes it much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's good. When i realized the tokens were only for resetting the lab shop, i stopped bothering withe deploys.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

quote:

6. Fixed an issue where Angela’s Secret Wars: 1602 Witch Hunter Uniform does not apply first hit when using the skill “Entangle”.

frankly it's about time and this is the change the game needed to bring me back into the fold.

(that was maybe sarcasm. Does the game still auto-transfer leadership? If so I'm probably not in charge of goonlactus any more.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I’m an Angela fan that’s desperate for her to get some kind of relevant buff, so hell, I’ll take it. It’s something, at least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm excited they fixed dthe thing where using the 6 skill forces the screen to get covered in an explanation. That was annoying.

We get some possible upgrades for lame characters, a new Legendary Battle, a new game mode, a new WBU, new T3 options, new Level 70s. I'm content.

I'll maybe get a Stark Stash so i get a couple of costumes, and wait to see if Nadia and Ghost are worth my stashed mega tickets before buying a sub.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Man I think they really hosed up timeline with Wolverine. I haven't seen anybody able to kill him. Spidy with the new outfit can keep him webbed 99% of the fight but not approach killing him, he heals too quickly.

I can't let Timeline auto pick the next match because if it's Wolfie they'll fight to a standstill.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

couple of questions that may not be in the OP:

- How rapidly do you usually get your characters? I realize for now that the game shits out a lot of character boxes and you even get to choose a few of them but there are around 110 in the roster?

- Is it usually better to go for team compositions for the buffs or does it not matter as much? I have Rulk/Ghost Rider together right now and they get a crit/fire buff from that duo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have any problem killing him with Jean and T3 Cap and can kill him off and on with Wolvie, Quicksilver, Witch, Cable, and Strange.

The big thing is you have to outdraw his 5 skill or be able to withstand it. People who have him worked up can kill you with that one move. Jeans useful that way because even if she dies she'll get back up. Quicksilver can outdraw and incapacitate him with the cyclone. Strange can freeze him. Stuff like that.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I don't have any problem killing him with Jean and T3 Cap and can kill him off and on with Wolvie, Quicksilver, Witch, Cable, and Strange.

The big thing is you have to outdraw his 5 skill or be able to withstand it. People who have him worked up can kill you with that one move. Jeans useful that way because even if she dies she'll get back up. Quicksilver can outdraw and incapacitate him with the cyclone. Strange can freeze him. Stuff like that.

I haven't seen Cable and better guys so I think I'm just in Garbo league. Mine doesn't have an ISO set but does have a custom gear with 50% healing, 4 sec shield at under 50%, and stun immune, so that's alright I guess?

Maybe if I keep winning eventually I'll get my rear end handed to him

I just did a Strange and yeh he does the constant freese but he also is Guard Break weak and 5 bamboozles him hard. It really feels like Iron Spider is GB immune though and that fight takes forever

E: I also bought the wrong uni when I was drunk a while ago, I have enough crystals to get the "right" one, does it really matter?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

couple of questions that may not be in the OP:

- How rapidly do you usually get your characters? I realize for now that the game shits out a lot of character boxes and you even get to choose a few of them but there are around 110 in the roster?

- Is it usually better to go for team compositions for the buffs or does it not matter as much? I have Rulk/Ghost Rider together right now and they get a crit/fire buff from that duo.

- it really depends on the character, a whole bunch are paywall (for example Luna Snow), some are long involved quests involving a ton of mats and gold (example Wolverine), some give bios from just clearing a few stories (Captain America, Iron Man, etc), some even are unlocked from a mini chain of quests that range from "upgrade 200 comic cards" to "defeat Quicksilver 15 times in World Boss"

- it used to not really be the thing in the main but I don't think it still matters until you're in WBU mode.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Adult Sword Owner posted:

- it really depends on the character, a whole bunch are paywall (for example Luna Snow), some are long involved quests involving a ton of mats and gold (example Wolverine), some give bios from just clearing a few stories (Captain America, Iron Man, etc), some even are unlocked from a mini chain of quests that range from "upgrade 200 comic cards" to "defeat Quicksilver 15 times in World Boss"

- it used to not really be the thing in the main but I don't think it still matters until you're in WBU mode.

Yeah. I've been playing for like two days and I've got a small number of six stats (including Sharon all mastered and everything, and she really does carry you through the story). Conversely I spent a little money and now have Gwenpool, who is absolutely a paywall character and it will take quite a while to rank her up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't seen Cable and better guys so I think I'm just in Garbo league. Mine doesn't have an ISO set but does have a custom gear with 50% healing, 4 sec shield at under 50%, and stun immune, so that's alright I guess?

Maybe if I keep winning eventually I'll get my rear end handed to him

I just did a Strange and yeh he does the constant freese but he also is Guard Break weak and 5 bamboozles him hard. It really feels like Iron Spider is GB immune though and that fight takes forever

E: I also bought the wrong uni when I was drunk a while ago, I have enough crystals to get the "right" one, does it really matter?

Yeah, you're probably just on a lower level right now. Wolverine is an easy clear for awhile. Once you hit Platinum/Vibranium that won't work anymore as you hit more of those worked up native T2s. At Vibranium I don't even really use Wolverine that often as Cap and Apocalypse are bother better Combats IMO. In the meanwhile give Wolvie an ISO set at least as that will extend his value a little longer.

DLC Inc posted:

They're not a huge deal early on and you should look at leaderships and buffs as well and see if they're more valuable. But when you hit one of those points where you're CLOSE to beating a stage but just can't do it sometimes one of those teamup buffs makes all the difference. I find them very useful in Shadowland when you're trying to eek out some wins with people who aren't total beasts.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. I've been playing for like two days and I've got a small number of six stats (including Sharon all mastered and everything, and she really does carry you through the story). Conversely I spent a little money and now have Gwenpool, who is absolutely a paywall character and it will take quite a while to rank her up.

I took a peek at the "hardest characters to level" and I'm glad I took Red Hulk/Moon Knight as my "free 6-star/3-star" characters at the start since I like them anyway but they appear to be 2 of the harder heroes to grind. Glad I skipped Spider-Man and the other basic dudes since they look easy to get.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Don't worry about team comp too much, it helps when you can but not a whole lot especially for day to day content. When you're new you want your team to look like this maybe:

A leader who gives a large damage increase to the attacker character. Energy attack (star lord), physical attack (hulk) and sometimes skill cooldown (Iron Man) are usually all you want here. There's lots of options, some easier than others, some slightly better than others.

A powerful character like Sharon Rogers who will do the bulk of the heavy lifting and almost all the fighting. The others in this slot can be a very long grind to get (Wolverine, Dr Strange, Quicksilver, Thanos, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Cable) but a lot of costumes mean chars like Winter Soldier and Captain America can fill this role as well if you have the crystals. I used Sharon, Iron Fist and Elsa with specific costumes to get my start but the new infinity war stuff is better.

In the long run the third should be someone who buffs the whole team based on what you are trying to do. Off the top of my head, Agent Coulson, Valkyrie, and Shuri (with uniform?) are the best here for world boss and WBU. There are others that provide heals, crit or other stuff but those are the big three I think. Until you get them I found it helpful just to use someone beefy like captain america in the third slot as you can switch to them when dealing with a problem you haven't figured out yet. Like WB Thanos used to get me with his meteor attack all the time so I'd switch to the third char or the leader so I wouldn't lose Sharon if I screwed up and got caught in it. Even now that I have a huge roster almost a year after starting the game, I still find it handy for stuff like WBU Corvus's frogger attack because I screw it up now and then. Better to swap and lose someone else instead of my heavy hitter. But that may just be me because I'm terrible at this phone game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its why I think the Teamup buffs are most useful in Shadowlands. Because in there you can only use the great Leaders and Ally Buffs once so early on its more valuable to find a couple of Team Up buffs that can help you if you need the boost. Especially if they come from characters who won't be very valuable to you later on.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

bagrada posted:

In the long run the third should be someone who buffs the whole team based on what you are trying to do. Off the top of my head, Agent Coulson, Valkyrie, and Shuri (with uniform?) are the best here for world boss and WBU.

Is there a list of this? I tried the Reddit but couldn't find a list

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a list of this? I tried the Reddit but couldn't find a list

Found this older one on reddit. Added in info for some from the future fight wiki.

Groot T2 passive 25% chance when hit for 20% hp recovery to team 15 second cooldown (says GOTG2 also puts down healing spores that heal 2%)
Ancient one T2 passive +25% all damage 25% ignore dodge
Phil Coulson T2 passive +45% damage to super villains -15% damage from super villains +20% guaranteed crit rate
Warwolf T2 passive +20% crit rate +30% crit damage
Mantis T2 passive +20% crit damage +15% ignore defense and one of her attacks adds +5% crit rate to the team
Beast I'm not sure what he does, the wiki says his T2 and stuff are self only as do the in game tooltips last I checked. I keep seeing people saying to pop his 5 before swapping to Wolverine though.
Wasp T2 passive remove all debuffs from team
Anti-Venom (uni): to all allies, 30% chance when hit, recover 15% of max hp, 20s cooldown:
Cyclops: 4* passive gives all allies +5% energy attack at T1; T2 changes the number to 10%;
Storm: T2 changes her 4* passive to +12% lighting damage and 50% chance to be immune to lighting damage;
Ronan: T2 passive gives all allies 20% ignore doge;
Volstagg: T2 passive gives all allies 20% decrease to damage received;
Wiccan: T2 passive gives all allies 20% ignore doge, 1s increase to snare, 1s increase to pierce.
Shuri: T2 passive +35% damage to super villains -25% damage from super villains

There may be some others, especially with new uniforms. And I'm pretty sure there is a super villain who gives his team the +damage dealt -damage but from super heroes instead of villains.

edit, I checked all the new stuff I could think of:

Colossus: "Decreases the effect of Reflect by 60%. Reflects effect(s): PHYSICAL REFLECT Decreases damage recieved from SUPER VILLAIN-type Characters by 50%."
Valkyrie: T2 passive "Decreases damage received from SUPER VILLAIN-type Characters by 15%. Increases damage dealt to SUPER VILLAIN-type Characters by 45%. Refelcts 100% of Physical Damage recieved. (Up to 150% of Max Attack).
Archangel: T1 passive +20% team recovery rate
Odin: Asgardian Barrier (guard 1 hit) - says team but might just linger after he uses it if you swap chars? My Odin is still 1*.
Dormammu: a fire reflect to all allies it says on his flame shield attack

final edit before I go watch tv. Game is down for the patch so I couldn't double check anything in game. The top list of names and the info for Anti-venom through Wiccan is cut and paste from that reddit link, credit to them. The info on the guys above them and the stuff below my first edit are all manually pulled from http://future-fight.wikia.com. Some uniform info is missing like Maw's team buff against heroes.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 3, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Ebony Maw's IW has a big one.

I actually didn't know about like half of those, so thanks. Gotta totally rethink my WBU teams.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bagrada posted:

Beast I'm not sure what he does, the wiki says his T2 and stuff are self only as do the in game tooltips last I checked. I keep seeing people saying to pop his 5 before swapping to Wolverine though.

yeah beast's #5 skill carries over to teammates like warwolf's does

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Early reddit reaction seems to be that nothing is really standing out as awesome. I was thinking of burning the 2k crystals on 6 star ghost but now I'm not sure I'm going to get any of this new content.

Wasp costume seems to have some very minor nice upgrade but 1k worth? Will wait and see for more reactions.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i got ghost for 2500 and i think im gonna skip everything else

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I got Giant Ultron just because it’s Ultron so it’s like I have 2 Ultrons. Not sure if it makes Giant Man a villain yet though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there a quantifying value for how often a teammate comes to assist you? Seems it happens at random so idk if there's a certain skill or quality in each character wherein they can jump in for attacks.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

I took a peek at the "hardest characters to level" and I'm glad I took Red Hulk/Moon Knight as my "free 6-star/3-star" characters at the start since I like them anyway but they appear to be 2 of the harder heroes to grind. Glad I skipped Spider-Man and the other basic dudes since they look easy to get.

Yeah, I've got a six-star mastery card for somebody but I'm not sure who to use it on yet.

Also I flunked a mission for the first time and the game was like, 'Hey, since that sucked have a four star character' so now I have Venom because why not?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

NmareBfly posted:

frankly it's about time and this is the change the game needed to bring me back into the fold.

(that was maybe sarcasm. Does the game still auto-transfer leadership? If so I'm probably not in charge of goonlactus any more.)

I just checked and you are not. It transferred to a level 66 who hasn't logged on in 10 days so yaaaaay.

I will probably leave and join ICRs clan to start some kind of merger? I will put a message in the clan chat tonight before I leave.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I got Giant Ultron just because it’s Ultron so it’s like I have 2 Ultrons. Not sure if it makes Giant Man a villain yet though.

I read it turns him into universal villain.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
It should be merged day AC has ended

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Huh you can get a CTP selector if you beat the Extreme Ant Man and Wasp. A pic on reddit shows you need Ultron Pym Giant Man costume at Mythic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just got the Ant-Man and Wasp costumes. I'll probably gran Ultron Hank later, but I wont get ghost until I have the character. Right now its all about Nadia.

Even thought you need Ghost and the lady costume to be able to do the Legendary battle.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I grabbed Ghost and used a 6-star mega ticket on him because I like the character from way back. I'm 2-stars away from mastery too, since I had a lot of Chaos Tokens to throw at Green Norns to bump him up. We'll see how he does.

Ran through the Iso Set chooser like 4 times this morning and never got an 8-ISO set, which was pretty annoying.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I grabbed Ghost and used a 6-star mega ticket on him because I like the character from way back. I'm 2-stars away from mastery too, since I had a lot of Chaos Tokens to throw at Green Norns to bump him up. We'll see how he does.

Ran through the Iso Set chooser like 4 times this morning and never got an 8-ISO set, which was pretty annoying.

Wait how did you get Ghost? If you pay through the legendary battle you get him at 6 stars for 2k crystals and don't need to use a ticket. Don't know what the best options are.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh crap I completely forgot about rank up tickets. I have a ton 2-5 ones so i can at least get her to 5* without waiting for all the bios. I used to get 6* constantly, but I haven't gotten one in months.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah I got the Ultron stume and it's not horrible I mean better than that blue monstrosity they considered a costume for him. Maybe raised him up a ranking on the list.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

Wait how did you get Ghost? If you pay through the legendary battle you get him at 6 stars for 2k crystals and don't need to use a ticket. Don't know what the best options are.

I've got the paid daily going at the moment, so I just paid to get him at 1 star and mega-starred him. Never want to play the Cinematics until after I see the movie. Oh, well... guess I'm saving 2k crystals, then.

Also, Bill Foster Goliath just does NOT want an 8-ISO set. I nabbed one for Ghost and Giant-Man pretty quickly, but I keep throwing gold at Black Goliath and getting bupkus.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: ALERTZ!!!! I cleared 12 spots out of Marble Hebrons. I want active people in here so we can actually, you know, have a super active guild. :ducksiren:

If you are in a nearly dead guild, come over. I can kick 8 more people but the other 20 of us log in nearly daily.

Apply to Marble Hebrons

Oh and there is a discord for FF too. It’s this and you are all welcome to come and talk the game. We are still alive and kicking!

https://discord.gg/yZtjsk7

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Applied as bagrada though when i left goonlactus a minute ago it said there would be a wait period.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah same, applying as Dravs1, although it won't let me join until tomorrow.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’ll pick you guys up. Appreciate the ping. Let’s get it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sent in an app to Goonlactus with the same handle here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Applied to Marble Hebrons as DexVandar.