Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Phone posting. :argh:

Edit: https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/1013429534077673473?s=21

This isn’t directly US politics but seems materially relevant.

Here, let me help you make it relevant.

Imagine what the NAFTA talks look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

Correction: there are literally no good rich people in this world. Even ones who don't abuse child labor or whatever are still evil simply by virtue of retaining so much wealth (while alive, anyways). It's important to always keep in mind that they have no moral claim to that wealth; when they give to charity, they're giving money that was unjustly acquired in the first place and doing so in a way that doesn't burden them in the slightest. A poor (or even middle class) person giving a single dollar to charity is more admirable than a rich person giving a million dollars.

Jesus even said as much.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1012807976288219137?s=21

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

They're scared because they might actually have to fight someone who will fight back.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

"Opposition research counsel to the George H. W. Bush campaign in 1988"

Does that mean he was responsible for "Willy" Horton?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Destroy Corporations, replace them with worker owned Co-ops.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1013471559460315137?s=19
It’s Duckworth. Again.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
As we all know, establishment Dems are noted experts on how to win in the midwest.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Destroy Corporations, replace them with worker owned Co-ops.

_____________________________/

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Ice Phisherman posted:

They're scared because they might actually have to fight someone who will fight back.

The mask is really coming off this controlled-opposition-party shtick with constant appeals to :decorum: in the face of marching, murderous Nazis and kiddie koncentration kamps.

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

theCalamity posted:

Would it be possible to tie property taxes to level of income?
Here is the thing: the income of people who own property is totally irrelevant. If you think you want to maintain a perpetual exclusive access right to a block of land you get to pay society for it, and if you can't afford to do that you get to sell that right. We can talk about the best way to get people who can't afford their perpetual exclusive access to land to exit that, but suggesting this is a thing to be encouraged is right out.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

They can’t fathom a world without a Democratic Party constantly running behind them trying to appeal to them.

I can’t either tbh.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

As someone's who's job it is to ask voters what they actually want I can confirm that this is absolutely wrong.

Granted I've only hit about 1k doors so far.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Tammy Duckworth remains garbage

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

AOC is very inconvenient for their plans to turn the Democrats into a party of sensible upper middle class conservatives.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Office Pig posted:

Here, let me help you make it relevant.

Imagine what the NAFTA talks look like.

You don’t have to anymore. He won.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

:bisonyes:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

This is going to be absurdly fun.:munch:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Majorian posted:

This is going to be absurdly fun.:munch:

Here's hoping he hires Vicente Fox as Undersecretary of gently caress YOU DONALD TRUMP WE ARE NOT PAYING FOR YOUR loving WALL

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Here's hoping he hires Vicente Fox as Undersecretary of gently caress YOU DONALD TRUMP WE ARE NOT PAYING FOR YOUR loving WALL

Yeah, Fox and Schwarzenegger are two ex-politicians who were bad at their elected jobs, but who are at least partially redeeming themselves with some grade-A Trump trolling.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Majorian posted:

Yeah, Fox and Schwarzenegger are two ex-politicians who were bad at their elected jobs, but who are at least partially redeeming themselves with some grade-A Trump trolling.

It’s too bad for Schwarzenegger about the sexual harassment tho. Still garbage.

https://twitter.com/kenzoshibata/status/1013605067046424577?s=21

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
...I keep seeing Kelso from Scrubs.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seeing the worthless political pundit class discrediting themselves with two generations once their flimsy theories and hot tales come crumbling down and then floundering to adjust is quite a thing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/ronpaul/status/1013804224382201856?s=21

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/1013806765383663622?s=21

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Why indeed.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/JohnWDean/status/1013564316300161024?s=19

gently caress yeah, here it comes.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Despite the ridiculous racist caricatures this still manages to remain somewhat inspiring. You go crush America, you collection of a white man' fantasy, you.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Thanks to Dr. Constitution and his racist social media guy for reminding me what a credulous dumbass I was 10 years ago

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What are you betting on?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nosfereefer posted:

Despite the ridiculous racist caricatures this still manages to remain somewhat inspiring. You go crush America, you collection of a white man' fantasy, you.

Oh God, its Minoriteam.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Grouchio posted:

What are you betting on?

Hell world. Clearly a federal pardon supercedes state charges.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ytlaya posted:

A poor (or even middle class) person giving a single dollar to charity is more admirable than a rich person giving a million dollars.

Plagiarizing Jesus to own the (wealthy) libs.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Mantis42 posted:

Oh God, its Minoriteam.

Always foiling old man Sam.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Also, that signature is false, anyway. This isn't a Cyclon Ben at all, but a misappropriated Latuff! I'd recognize that Uncle Sam anywhere.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Nosfereefer posted:

Also, that signature is false, anyway. This isn't a Cyclon Ben at all, but a misappropriated Latuff! I'd recognize that Uncle Sam anywhere.

Is that like, an edit? It seems entirely out of character for Latuff unless it’s some kind of irony thing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's an edit, yes.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/ositanwanevu/status/1013829634096533506?s=21

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heh, Denmark? TOLD you leftists are the real racists!:smug:

I love how horrific policies like these are always couched as, "It's not discriminatory against Muslims...they just have to INTEGRATE better, and adopt Danish/French/Hungarian values, to some unspecified degree that they haven't already! Now swear on this copy of Charlie Hebdo! Swear!!!"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1013895722868101125

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I’m sitting in a bar and I said “what the poo poo” out loud when I read this headline and now the other people are giving me dirty looks.

• Locked thread