Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hi, Coral / Reese! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

;)

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Dad, dad, daaaaad can we please go outside?!?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1013633986029998081?s=19

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/pnkhippo/status/1013118875615936512?s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Cool Dog on a Hot Day.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Cool Dog on a Hot Day.

Boop that snoot

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Do they have a surface to air mutt to go with that torpedog?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL0x5oBFC1w

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/8qx3Y0K.gifv

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ah, my favorite scene from Raiders of the Lost Bark!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every single photo and .gif in this thread makes me mutter to myself, “God, I loving love dogs”

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM4HniouJFo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Jay Rust posted:

Every single photo and .gif in this thread makes me mutter to myself, “God, I loving love dogs”

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ok so what’s everyone’s stance on bones?

The 90s were absolutely a different time with dog ownership for sure. I had one vet that was vehemently against anything you couldn’t indent with the press of your finger. I mean, our dog’s ate a lot of rib bones growing up sans issue.

It seems as long as they are raw it’s fine, just make sure they’re supervised. But I mean, unless you’re picking up from a butcher or pet store, how often do you have uncooked meat bones lying around?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The 90s were absolutely a different time with dog ownership for sure. I had one vet that was vehemently against anything you couldn’t indent with the press of your finger. I mean, our dog’s ate a lot of rib bones growing up sans issue.

It seems as long as they are raw it’s fine, just make sure they’re supervised. But I mean, unless you’re picking up from a butcher or pet store, how often do you have uncooked meat bones lying around?

My family friend Lois, who is in her 80s and runs a hiking lodge, has two dogs - an ancient corgi and a silly, silly lab.

She lets the lab have bones and I've heard of no problems.

On my end I'm a paranoid youngster with her first dog so Apollo has a nylabone chew ring and that's it. No bones! Although I did let him chew on the lab's bones since she was sharing when we visited.

He works out his chewing needs on: oinkies/pig skin rolls, greenies/minties, his kong toys, ice cubes, sticks*, pigs ears, and various other toys.

*Sticks weren't originally on the docket but he loves fetching them and flopping down to chew and I figure dogs can handle chewing on freaking sticks so I've reeled in the paranoia brain.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Eeeh. Certain bones can splinter when chewed - leaving your dog with shards of sharp bone going down the throat. Only heard about that with old bones and chicken bits, though, so common sense applies.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

StrixNebulosa posted:

My family friend Lois, who is in her 80s and runs a hiking lodge, has two dogs - an ancient corgi and a silly, silly lab.

She lets the lab have bones and I've heard of no problems.

On my end I'm a paranoid youngster with her first dog so Apollo has a nylabone chew ring and that's it. No bones! Although I did let him chew on the lab's bones since she was sharing when we visited.

He works out his chewing needs on: oinkies/pig skin rolls, greenies/minties, his kong toys, ice cubes, sticks*, pigs ears, and various other toys.

*Sticks weren't originally on the docket but he loves fetching them and flopping down to chew and I figure dogs can handle chewing on freaking sticks so I've reeled in the paranoia brain.

When Tarkus was really young he needed a trip to the vet because a bit of stick got stuck in his butt sideways, so after that I was super paranoid about sticks. Now that he’s a big dog I don’t worry too much though. Mostly he just chews them or carries them around without actually eating them.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Raw seems to be the key. Never, never, never give a dog a cooked chicken bone - they splinter like crazy when crunched. Cooked beef and pork bones can splinter, too, but they tend to sheer into "chunkier" fragments, which while still dangerous aren't nearly as dangerous as splintered poultry bones.

Reggie and Chico both love raw chickens' feet. Every couple years I raise a flock of meat birds, and on butchering day, I save all the feet back in a zip-lock bag and freeze them. A frozen chicken's foot on a hot day their favorite thing in the world. We also have a CSA share that occasionally drops beef knuckles on us (intended for soup bone use) but I'll often give them to the dogs instead. Don't do this inside, because it'll literally get beef suet and gore on everything.

Our vet is also a fan of chicken's feet as well, since they're good for tooth health. If the dog really really likes to chew hard things, and you want a nylabone alternative, then deer antlers are a good pick. They generally don't splinter, they just sort of wear down slowly over time, and they last for-loving-ever. We've had the same ones since Reggie was a puppy and they've survived daily gnawings by two dogs.

We had friends visit this weekend with their dogs, and then someone broke out treats and it was a party.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Here's some Thomas because I'm mad on the internet, at work sorting poo poo ,and the holiday weekend isn't here yet.

Also, in the opinion of my therapy dog having friend beef/bully sticks > bones.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Good input thanks y’all!

Oh yeah chicken bones are definitely a no-go, no question. Growing up my friend’s dad had this old lab type dog he’d take to his blue collar job. She was just ancient and grumpy. Was a garbage disposal. I just vividly remember he’d be mowing down—cooked—wings a lot and tossing that dog all the bones after each one and it’d just chomp them down without issue

Not saying that justifies anything, just thinking back as a dog owner I’m a bit 😳

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 3, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I give Monty rawhides.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

And snoot boops. Give Monty lots of snoot boops.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I don’t think rawhides are as evil as most say. I definitely check the source/ingredients though and don’t get them at the dollar store. Costco seems to have some good stuff...for well, all things dog treats/food. Their bully sticks are pretty decently priced too!

But man, the smell from bully sticks and hooves 🤢

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

Stick chewing is actually great according to our vet. Helps keep plaque/debris off teeth.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

BIRD PUPPIES

gently caress

I CANNOT

https://www.facebook.com/versafy/videos/168957766994246/

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
We have thick, marrow bones we let Tank and Daisy chew on. Once the marrow is gone, we fill it with peanut butter, as a treat. Same with their Kongs, but they don't hold our dogs interest like BeneBones.

Nothing makes Tank happier than a lap to chew his BeneBones, while we watch TV. He's a heavy chewer, and these last awhile, just got to keep on eye on them. Once they start to fragment, time to get rid of them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/zekkass/status/1014239968099741697?s=19

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

These are Timothy and Zipper’s evening treats.

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Happy 4th of July to all the good boys and girls ITT from Lando!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

:same:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
And for those dogges not with us anymore...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

And for those dogges not with us anymore...

Cries cries cries