Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah dude you basically got a mint Lexus for 900 bucks. You gonna keep it if you like it?

Man I probably gotta try to make money on anything I get. If I hadn’t bought my new Hyundai I would have throw a roof rack on this and lived the dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Am not going to bid on this as an inspection is not possible, buuuut it's an Alto RS/R, meaning AWD, turbo-intercooled kei hothatch from Suzuki. This is my favorite style too vs. the rounder ones AND it has all its stickers.

What is there on the auction sheet posted:

-5MT, AC (crossed out), as-is, running (crossed out)

Yoshi posted:

looks like the seller wrote running but the auction house crossed it out. Might be a good chance to get the rs/r you always wanted...

:( thanks Yoshi :(

besides the AZ-1 I've wanted one of these, one day maybe. But not this one.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Oh yes i want an Alto Turbo more Than I can tell you. JCD HAVE told me not to bid because maybe I’m crazy. Altos and pulsars are my
Jam

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

Oh yes i want an Alto Turbo more Than I can tell you. JCD HAVE told me not to bid because maybe I’m crazy. Altos and pulsars are my
Jam

Not with a *** grade, not without inspection NO

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

Jam

Roll the dice DO IT. Also Pulsars are more fun than a GTR ask me how i know.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
This is a crazy game we are playing but I’m getting inspections on everything henceforth WHEN THE PEOPLE YOU PAY say stop doing stuff I stop doing stuff

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

How much do these inspections cost if someone doesn't mind answering that?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

cakesmith handyman posted:

How much do these inspections cost if someone doesn't mind answering that?

Ok I'll tell you because you're my friend and I trust you: around $30 USD.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If you pay in yen they end up only being like $25!

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Roll the dice DO IT. Also Pulsars are more fun than a GTR ask me how i know.

How's the maintenance on a Pulsar? I saw one of these and was intrigued by it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Am not going to bid on this as an inspection is not possible, buuuut it's an Alto RS/R, meaning AWD, turbo-intercooled kei hothatch from Suzuki. This is my favorite style too vs. the rounder ones AND it has all its stickers.

:( thanks Yoshi :(

besides the AZ-1 I've wanted one of these, one day maybe. But not this one.

I def want to know what this goes for.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Delorence Fickle posted:

How's the maintenance on a Pulsar? I saw one of these and was intrigued by it.

I have no idea, the last time I drove one was in like 1992 :v:

All I know is that the AWD system is pretty weak so they aren't very reliable for any kind of serious racing, might be ok for daily driving as long you don't do clutch dumps and poo poo like that. The hard part is finding one that hasn't been abused ready to break, it's a gamble but worth it, the cars are amazing. Best hot hatch ever made imo.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I've known three guys with pulsar gtr's, all spent considerable time up on blocks waiting for scarce expensive drivetrain parts to arrive from Japan. Coincidence?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have inspect d many pulsar git-rs and they go for way more than I bid. A crazy AWD turbo tiny car that only weirdos like us care about is probably not a smart choice as they guys at JCD try to tell me

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

I def want to know what this goes for.

Unfortunately the price wasn't available. I expect something to be wrong with it because it was listed as grade ***, and if it wasn't then it probably sold for more than it should have because it's a USS.

I will get one at some point, just like I scored an AZ-1 (or 2).

Pulsars look cool and all but they are so limited in supply and go for so much and are focused on by outfits that are far better equipped to deal with something like that, a lot like Skylines. Market is too competitive.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

everdave posted:

I have inspect d many pulsar git-rs and they go for way more than I bid. A crazy AWD turbo tiny car that only weirdos like us care about is probably not a smart choice as they guys at JCD try to tell me

a clean majesta is worth more than a clean gtir here is aus, and a lot harder to find

the majesta owns but as a fellow toyota boat owner im biased

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
basically keep the majesta or sell it to me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Unfortunately the price wasn't available. I expect something to be wrong with it because it was listed as grade ***, and if it wasn't then it probably sold for more than it should have because it's a USS.

I will get one at some point, just like I scored an AZ-1 (or 2).

Pulsars look cool and all but they are so limited in supply and go for so much and are focused on by outfits that are far better equipped to deal with something like that, a lot like Skylines. Market is too competitive.

Do you know what they tend to go for on average? Because having adult income is going to loving ruin me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

Do you know what they tend to go for on average? Because having adult income is going to loving ruin me.

No idea, they come up so little that the only 3 (including that one I already posted) are the only ones that have been up for auction in the last ~3 months, with two of them being RS/Rs (AWD) vs RS/Xs (2 wheel drive).

There was one up for sale on a dealer lot but they want $6500 for it, it's missing it's stickers, some body molding damage, aftermarket hood, aftermarket wheels, been messed with mechanically, AND has had its front seats replaced

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SquirrelGrip posted:

as a fellow toyota boat owner im biased

Toyota Boat Owners Club

SquirrelGrip posted:

basically keep the majesta or sell it to me

Also this.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

everdave posted:

A Toyota Starlet GT Turbo is a nice consolation prize that I'd buy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KP61 Starlet, a little 1.5l tin can with an engine you can tweak to run over 10,000rpm if you so desire. Chuck some suspension at it and go chuck it round a track.

https://youtu.be/wy1GKdyu7QE

https://youtu.be/w5vsTeu21-I

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 2, 2018

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbHeAvphOOs

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fuckin' rad.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My car is on the boat now

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:tootboat:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Did you find out what us port it's coming in to?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

KP61 Starlet, a little 1.5l tin can with an engine you can tweak to run over 10,000rpm if you so desire. Chuck some suspension at it and go chuck it round a track.

https://youtu.be/wy1GKdyu7QE

https://youtu.be/w5vsTeu21-I

These are super high priced now though, so if you are buying for resale you'd have a hard time of it. For personal use though? Hell yeah. There was a mint-and-stock condition green one a couple weeks back, didn't sell but the starting bid was something like 7k USD. When the bid starts that high the reserve has got to be even higher.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

angryrobots posted:

Did you find out what us port it's coming in to?

It says Savannah? I’ll hear back tonite get I dropped the ball and didn’t respond past few days I’ve asked for confirmation

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm not horribly far from Savannah. If I can haul/store the car temporarily for you, let me know.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
rename the thread to lets import toyotas from japan for jz's

edit: lets imports toyotas from japan because the gt86 is trash

SquirrelGrip fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 3, 2018

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Which one of you goons is bidding on that sick 85 Pajero? Looks sweet, but more than I can afford to spend right now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Riller posted:

Which one of you goons is bidding on that sick 85 Pajero? Looks sweet, but more than I can afford to spend right now.

:ninja:

I couldn't resist man, I just couldn't. There is a very good chance it will go much higher than what I'm offering too so we'll see.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

angryrobots posted:

I'm not horribly far from Savannah. If I can haul/store the car temporarily for you, let me know.

I really appreciate this offer and there is a pretty good chance I’m going to ask for your help, yes. Thank you!

Edit: drat that Pajero is cool

Edit again it has been confirmed Savannah. Maybe I can spring it from port to your place and get a cheap ticket in and drive it back if we decide it would be fine doing 100 all the way back to TN

everdave fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 3, 2018

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

That's certainly no trouble, I have enough space to store it indoors for a while.

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum
Nope

Bob Ross Nuke Test fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 21, 2022

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Do you want the Previa for yourself or to try to make money? Because there is nothing left to make on that. I’d imagine but don’t know that you could get a similar one for $4-5k tonyour door but I haven’t looked at them, so if you want it and can pay that it’s not outrageous it costs a lot to get them over on top of purchase.

Thanks angryrobots I will be in touch when the slow boat is closer!

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum
Nope

Bob Ross Nuke Test fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 21, 2022

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
What year man? I can look at sales sttatistics. As can others but let me know poo poo my kids are asleep I’ll go look

DUh I see year 98 I’ll go look

HOLY CRAP SON THESE DONT SELL FOR ANYTHING GO LOOK AT THIS ONE

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-3e8fawkQ0Jvalng.htm

it’s the only AWD I see don’t know if it was what you are looking for I bet you can buy this van for a few hundred bucks

everdave fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum
Nope

Bob Ross Nuke Test fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 21, 2022