Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hello goons, tomorrow gonna be sweet because it's gonna be a half day at work, so only have to stay at work til 1pm and then back home for some more Hollow Knight Switch action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

You people must not have office jobs because Funko Pop figures line every cubicle, desk, and shelf. They're bumper stickers for the office: tell everyone in the workplace you like a thing they may or may not have heard of with this valueless tchotchke.

e: They are at least less offensive than bumper stickers. I would rather pass a million dead eyed dolls than another "abortion is murder" or a quote from historic racists.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 3, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
funko pops are for people who don't have enough courage to buy nendos

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

homeless snail posted:

this is gonna be the most one sided vote ever

which way? I’m probably going squid becUse they have my favorite hair

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

al-azad posted:

e: They are at least less offensive than bumper stickers. I would rather pass a million dead eyed dolls than another "abortion is murder" or a quote from historic racists.

Geez the only bumper stickers I see are the "proud parent of an honor roll student" variety

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

You people must not have office jobs because Funko Pop figures line every cubicle, desk, and shelf. They're bumper stickers for the office: tell everyone in the workplace you like a thing they may or may not have heard of with this valueless tchotchke.

Why would you ever advertise anything about yourself that you could be judged on, let alone doing it at work?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

al-azad posted:

In many ways, avatars are the bumper stickers of the forums

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

hi everyone,. kirby loving rules

it's true

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

my gf draws extremely cute doodles on sticky notes and leaves them at my desk whenever she's there

al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

Why would you ever advertise anything about yourself that you could be judged on, let alone doing it at work?

Hey man, sometimes you're desperate for any kind of human contact after staring at a computer screen for 8 hours.

If Office Space is ever remade it will be sponsored by Funko.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

al-azad posted:

When I did cleaning work in an office 2 years ago I didn't see any Funko Pops :shrug:

Most of the people there had art done by their kids in the cubicles which made me smile.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe its because as a Red Mage he'll just never be able to reach the same heights as a White Mage or Black Mage not because he doesn't choose to, but because its just mystically impossible at his age now to change jobs into a career that's a better long term investment.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat devil may cry 2

that was definitely a video game made in less than four months

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dmc2 dev: mr. itsuno we only have the resources to make three bosses that anybody will remember

itsuno: ok we'll make a nero angelo guy, a cool final boss and uh. a tentacle thing

dmc2 dev: we also have the resources for all the dmc1 bosses

itsuno: ok good before the final boss we can have the player just fight a giant pile of poo poo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've worked in office environments my entire career and I had no idea what a Funko Pop was until this thread.

Thanks, I guess.. :eng99:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Heartcatch posted:

I've worked in office environments my entire career and I had no idea what a Funko Pop was until this thread.

Thanks, I guess.. :eng99:
It's like the number 23, once you notice it you'll never stop seeing it forever.

You've been cursed, friend.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If Lowtax needs more money so badly, why hasn't he started production on Goon funko pops yet?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Raxivace posted:

Maybe its because as a Red Mage he'll just never be able to reach the same heights as a White Mage or Black Mage not because he doesn't choose to, but because its just mystically impossible at his age now to change jobs into a career that's a better long term investment.

Well, Brahne's austerity cuts over the last decade means there's now less of a market for spells and as a mage he's working for the Queen as an indepdendent contractor so he's losing out on his worker's rights which means he can't take time off work to look after his rheumatism so it's getting harder and harder to support his wife and two kids, they're having to rely on Alexandria's food bank once a week, they can't even afford a holiday to Treno this year and he's got no idea how he's going to keep his family going. He knows he should have chosen a different mage type like his mother always told him but it's too late now, he's ten thousand Gil in the hole with the Qus and he's just can't see a way out.

:smith:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Our poor Red Mage can't even take his mind off things with a simple game of Tetra Master, since nobody understands the fuckin' rules and he doesn't have the means to access PlayOnline for an explanation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I was just about to buy battle chef brigade for the switch and now twitch is giving it away for free on PC... now I'm conflicted

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Raxivace posted:

Not even being the only profession certified to use the Lightbringer and Deathbringer swords is worth the sunken cost into that career path.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

In many ways, avatars are the bumper stickers of the forums

I wouldn't buy someone a bumper sticker of something they hate then stick it to their car

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Rarity posted:

Well, Brahne's austerity cuts over the last decade means there's now less of a market for spells and as a mage he's working for the Queen as an indepdendent contractor so he's losing out on his worker's rights which means he can't take time off work to look after his rheumatism so it's getting harder and harder to support his wife and two kids, they're having to rely on Alexandria's food bank once a week, they can't even afford a holiday to Treno this year and he's got no idea how he's going to keep his family going. He knows he should have chosen a different mage type like his mother always told him but it's too late now, he's ten thousand Gil in the hole with the Qus and he's just can't see a way out.

at least he gets to see I Want To Be Your Canary! Tantalus is putting on the show this year, I've heard great things

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i still have $25 left over from steam sale so i might get west of loathing and bloodstained on switch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Expect My Mom posted:

at least he gets to see I Want To Be Your Canary! Tantalus is putting on the show this year, I've heard great things

He could except the introduction of the Treno Airship Service has opened up the audience to include all the Treno nobles meaning that ticket prices have suffered from heavy inflation over the last five years, pricing the Alexandrian working class out of the market. At this point the only joy he gets is from knocking back an ether or two at the end of the day except he's starting earlier and earlier and hell, he's not working most days and he's not got any other plans so he might as well start drinking in the morning. After all, where's the harm?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Rarity posted:

He could except the introduction of the Treno Airship Service has opened up the audience to include all the Treno nobles meaning that ticket prices have suffered from heavy inflation over the last five years, pricing the Alexandrian working class out of the market. At this point the only joy he gets is from knocking back an ether or two at the end of the day except he's starting earlier and earlier and hell, he's not working most days and he's not got any other plans so he might as well start drinking in the morning. After all, where's the harm?
if anything the mid level destruction of Alexandria following the escape of the Prima Vista will allow him to work a bit as a street healer, using low level White Magic to heal cuts and burns. The pay may not be great due to most of his clientele being the peasants who were watching from the roof when Queen Brahne's own Bomb went off, but hopefully through this act of altruism, he'll find out why he fell in love with magic at all

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I was just about to buy battle chef brigade for the switch and now twitch is giving it away for free on PC... now I'm conflicted

Good games are worth paying for.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

nendos are for people who aren't skilled enough to win waifus at crane catcher

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Raxivace posted:

If Lowtax needs more money so badly, why hasn't he started production on Goon funko pops yet?

He started but the first one in line is Groverhaus and it's taking a while.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Can't wait for the goonball and goonbarf funkopops.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Gooncamp is not a great seller for some reason

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'll take one funkopop of a desperately needed vent hood please

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

al-azad posted:

One of my co-workers has over a hundred of them lined up on the window beside her desk

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d probably react to a row of Funko dolls the same way I’d react to a row of amiibos tbh.

I mean not exactly because one is better than the other but you know, it’s all clutter that makes the owner feel good in some intangible way

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I only spend my money on actually useful things like hundreds of terrible games on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Those Funkopops with the cereal look small enough to be a choking hazard, does that count

Also I wonder how that cereal falls under the terms of this contract, do you subtract the value of the food or
https://twitter.com/juchemane/status/954058032039768064?lang=en

Is it just me or is this contract so permissive it seems more or less meaningless? I guess the purchase is where most of the "fun" is so once that's over there's not much left but to buy more.

• Locked thread