Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slothrop posted:

Homebuilt V8 motor cycle. Sounds neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzDKehAHNM4

Holy poo poo.
I love it. The perfect V8 sound without having to be one of those unwieldy Boss Hoss monsters. I'd like a little more modern bike surrounding it - '70s-'80s "standard" bike, maybe, but that awesome as-is.

edit: Oh, hey, welcome to page 9-0-1, friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not really new, it has been in early access hell for like 3 years now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

It's not really new, it has been in early access hell for like 3 years now.

And while it's neat it's a bit arcadey in kinda bad ways. BeamNG is a much more visceral vehicle destruction tool.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I got in on the early access right at the beginning, and while it's come a long way in those three years it took some design turns that I'm not 100% pleased with.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Just treat it like a modern successor to the PS1 Destruction Derby games, pretty much. That's what it ended up being.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
If you go to GreenManGaming http://www.greenmangaming.com and use their JUNE20 discount code you can get Wreckfest for $35.99.

It's not perfect, but it's a decent successor to the FlatOut games imo.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

We got our hands on the unedited version

https://www.facebook.com/1619640049/posts/10211625408223654/

I hope this is public lmao

lmao

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Q_res posted:

If you go to GreenManGaming http://www.greenmangaming.com and use their JUNE20 discount code you can get Wreckfest for $35.99.

It's not perfect, but it's a decent successor to the FlatOut games imo.

But does it actually improve noticably on FO1 and FO2? Because I can just replay those forever instead, and FO2 in particular is utterly perfect for multiplayer destruction derby.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Here I am minding my own business riding my bike down the side of the road when suddenly I notice something glinting in the sun up ahead.

My god. Is that what I think it is? It is!

I know just the place!

fin

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Arson Daily posted:

Here I am minding my own business riding my bike down the side of the road when suddenly I notice something glinting in the sun up ahead.

I know just the place!

fin

Haha dude! Nice find!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm just going to assume a wormhole briefly opened up and spewed out a 10mm socket.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The only Snap-On tool I have is a 10mm socket I found wedged in the exhaust heatshield of my 97 Outback.

I mean, had, because I've since lost it.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I couldn't read the text on it and just assumed it was a 10 mm, because what else would it be.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

I'm interested assuming the online play is good, and it's not a DLC /pay to win fest.

Edit: Oh, didn't see that it's in early access hell. Womp womp.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm pretty sure it's impossible because of physics calculations but my dream is to play beamng.drive online as a driving MMO.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MetaJew posted:

I'm interested assuming the online play is good, and it's not a DLC /pay to win fest.

Edit: Oh, didn't see that it's in early access hell. Womp womp.

Except it's not in Early Access hell. It hit full release not that long ago. Game's fantastic, has workshop support, and has a lot of fan made content such as tracks, historic racing skins, etc.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Arson Daily posted:

I know just the place!

fin

holy crap i didn't know anyone used photobucket anymore

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some people just really love popup ads.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I have never lost a 10mm socket even though I'm ridiculously unorganized. I lost a 10mm crescent wrench once, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong by still having all 5 of my sockets

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

KozmoNaut posted:

But does it actually improve noticably on FO1 and FO2? Because I can just replay those forever instead, and FO2 in particular is utterly perfect for multiplayer destruction derby.

The graphics are fantastic, as is the damage modeling. I'm going on my first campaign playthrough, but I'm really enjoying it. I'd say it's worth grabbing on a sale.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

I have never lost a 10mm socket even though I'm ridiculously unorganized. I lost a 10mm crescent wrench once, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong by still having all 5 of my sockets

I technically didn't lose my last 10mm socket. It's still there, inside the minivan sliding door.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheMadMilkman posted:

I technically didn't lose my last 10mm socket. It's still there, inside the minivan sliding door.

In the Autumn of 1999, I spent about 30 hours looking for the source of a weird faint grinding noise in a new-ish Mazda 626. I took half of the car apart, borrowed a chassis microphone and drove the car around with the front panels off, and ended up narrowing it down to the driver's door by driving the car around without said door installed.

It turned out to be a two-dollar coin that the owner (or possibly their child) had dropped down the crack the door glass retracts into, rolling backwards and forwards at the base of the door. We couldn't get it out, because there's a tiny little gully at the bottom of those doors that is about 2mm thicker than the coin itself - you're never getting a tool down there to get it, and the coins aren't ferrous so a magnet wouldn't have worked. We ended up just using a straw on the end of a tube of silicon sealant to glue it into place.

Then we presented the owner with a bill for all 30-odd hours of my time, 10-odd hours of my apprentice's time and various shop sundries. The car was only 18 months old at the time and he kicked up a huge stink saying it should be under warranty. He ended up paying, yelling about how we were crooks and he was never bringing his car back again.

He brought his car back six months later for a regular service, because he had cheap servicing as part of buying the car from the dealership I worked at. Funny how that works out.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
You couldn’t turn the door upside down and shake the poo poo out of it? I’m sure you couldn’t for a reason but I’m just struggling to picture how it could have fallen in there with no possible way of getting it out

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

slothrop posted:

I’m just struggling to picture how it could have fallen in there with no possible way of getting it out

Eh heh heh heh heh

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Bit of double sided tape on a feeler gauge. But I like the silicone trick.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The car is worth two dollars more now than another similarly equipped car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Someone, somewhere, working on a now rusty 626:

"What the gently caress?"

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I haven't picked it up yet, but I bought a 2007 Civic Si sedan for a dirt cheap DD. My two cars have 17600 as a sum of rev limits. Pretty ridiculous.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

I haven't picked it up yet, but I bought a 2007 Civic Si sedan for a dirt cheap DD. My two cars have 17600 as a sum of rev limits. Pretty ridiculous.

19,400 :smug:

between three cars

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

IOwnCalculus posted:

The hilarious part to me is my mother once got thrown out of a mazda dealership for complaining that the 626 she test drove was a rattlebox on wheels. This ignited an almost 30 year hatred for anything mazda in her that has lasted until I bought my 6. That this dude could hear a coin in his door is breaking my brain. :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The GF 626 that we got here from 97-02 was a really solid car. It was boring as poo poo - basically a cardigan on wheels, but it was solid, reliable and very well made. The first series of the 6 was pretty bad compared to it - we rebuilt rear brake calipers, and replaced ABS pumps and front window regulators as recalls in the first ~18 months. It was always fun explaining to someone who brought their car in for the 10,000km service that we needed to keep the car all day to do a major recall on it.

30 years ago puts your mother into GD or maybe even GC territory. They were... not good.

There was a coolant tube on the back of the head (under the intake manifold) on the GD that loved popping off and blasting all of your coolant onto the ground. It seemed like it was a lot higher pressure than it should have been. Standard Mazda service when replacing the head gasket was to replace that tube and replace the spring hose clamps with worm gear clamps as well. Because there's nothing worse in the dealership game than seeing the car you just replaced the head gasket on come back on a tow truck the very next day.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
My 6 is a first gen 6. Oddly few issues with it, outside of my window motors deciding they just don't want to work half the time. :v:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

When I drove off in the Levorg from the dealership a 10mm socket rolled under my foot.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Previa_fun posted:

between three cars

respectable :v:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

BlackMK4 posted:

respectable :v:

Previa_fun posted:

between three cars

21,500 across three cars. 91,500 including the motorcycles. :catstare:

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
17,500 on the R6, slowpokes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fakeaccount posted:

17,500 on the R6, slowpokes.

pffft

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm gonna go the other way. Over three cars and a motorcycle, 14k.

2x ACVWs, 7k combined.
Royal Enfield, 3k.
Crown Vic, 4k.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Total combined in my fleet: 32,700 plus whatever the hell the MadAss is.

WRX: 6700
FXT: 6500
MINI: 6500
Suburban: 4000 (lol)
DR350: 9000
MadAss: Who cares? Just keep it in gear till you hear the limiter then slam it into the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Memento posted:

The GF 626 that we got here from 97-02 was a really solid car. It was boring as poo poo - basically a cardigan on wheels, but it was solid, reliable and very well made. The first series of the 6 was pretty bad compared to it - we rebuilt rear brake calipers, and replaced ABS pumps and front window regulators as recalls in the first ~18 months. It was always fun explaining to someone who brought their car in for the 10,000km service that we needed to keep the car all day to do a major recall on it.

30 years ago puts your mother into GD or maybe even GC territory. They were... not good.

My capri is based on a BF 323 from the same era, using the same engine as low spec 626's, and boy it is sure a car. Everything rattles, everything. I'm shocked that the trim around the radio hasn't shaken itself loose yet from all of the vibrations. If all of the mechanicals and horrible interior weren't attached to a convertible, it would be even more boring and uninspiring than my xA. It's more reliable than a higher spec 626, at least

I guess I shouldn't blame Mazda without throwing some blame at Ford, as it has nearly the same dash and steering wheel as a Mercury Sable, just the seats, shifter and center console out of a BF Familia Cabriolet