Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Maybe he just tied his dick into a noose.

It would have to be some length. Having said that, I did hear he was hung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Maybe he just tied his dick into a noose.

That would definitely dispatch with any potential usurpers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Wow, you went straight for joking about a mental illness suicide when you had the perfect opportunity to use David Carradine.

Dude jerked himself to death and the mental illness thing was a cover, and I'm trying to spread the truth because Robin would have wanted it this way.

Carradine, however, was probably murdered.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do you really want to be the dude who's always holding up every queue because he's digging out his bus card or key card instead of just slapping his wallet on the reader like normal people? Well I don't.
Lifehack: clone your key card to an RFID implant and never have to use the card again.

Scathach posted:

I'm still teaching a dumbass friend that. "Soda's so bad for you, it's full of acid!" *eats orange*
One of my coworkers doesn't drink soda after the nail dissolving experiment in middle school science class. I've explained that stomach acid would do the same thing, but he's not interested in starting to drink it. Probably better for him in the long run.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

GWBBQ posted:

One of my coworkers doesn't drink soda after the nail dissolving experiment in middle school science class. I've explained that stomach acid would do the same thing, but he's not interested in starting to drink it. Probably better for him in the long run.

It’s just one of those situations where you can’t knock being right for the wrong reason.

Tangentially, the acidity isn’t the reason not to drink store-bought orange juice. The real reason is because it’s processed to hell and doesn’t even taste that good, especially compared to squeezing your own (which is kind of a pain in the rear end).

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Tangentially, the acidity isn’t the reason not to drink store-bought orange juice. The real reason is because it’s processed to hell and doesn’t even taste that good, especially compared to squeezing your own (which is kind of a pain in the rear end).

Congratulations on your impressive muscle strength. I just use my mother's old glass reamer.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

Lifehack: clone your key card to an RFID implant and never have to use the card again.
Some enterprising body hacker just recently had his card declared invalid because he cut out the chip and implanted it under his skin. You probably wouldn't get away with cloning either, functionally and probably legally it's no different than making a copy of the card.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

AlbieQuirky posted:

Anything with citric acid in it will remove rust if you leave it long enough :rolleyes:

Though in this case it could be fermenting sugar. Using cheap feed grade molasses these days is recognized as the cheap and gentle way to remove rust if you have a whole engine or chassis to dip, rather than buying shitloads of rust removing acids. E: Cheap, non toxic, reusable (as it continually makes it's own acid by fermenting I think it doesn't neutralize and go useless after one use)

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 10:55 on Jul 2, 2018

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

uvar posted:

Congratulations on your impressive muscle strength. I just use my mother's old glass reamer.

I dont think they meant that kind of pain in the rear end..

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Wow, you went straight for joking about a mental illness suicide when you had the perfect opportunity to use David Carradine.

He actually seems to have committed suicide because of an "it's all downhill from here" diagnosis, apparently. I thought it was depression too but a lot of people believed that for some reason

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

GWBBQ posted:

I've explained that stomach acid would do the same thing, but he's not interested in starting to drink it.
yeah i wouldn't want to drink stomach acid either

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

timefly posted:

He actually seems to have committed suicide because of an "it's all downhill from here" diagnosis, apparently. I thought it was depression too but a lot of people believed that for some reason

the opposite of the plot to World's Greatest Dad

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

Some enterprising body hacker just recently had his card declared invalid because he cut out the chip and implanted it under his skin. You probably wouldn't get away with cloning either, functionally and probably legally it's no different than making a copy of the card.
The charges against him were dropped. You can't do it with everything, but any HID, Indala, or EM card is easy to clone. I have my work HID card cloned to a chip in my hand.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

It would have been easier to just get a lanyard. They're not expensive.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I love technology and all but I don't know how I feel about having my credit card embedded in my hand. That's like step 1 to every distopian cyberpunk future ever.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

It's definitely not something that most people would want, but I'm a nerd/tech enthusiast and I work professionally with control systems, so there's something inherently appealing to me about the ability to control things with a wave or tap of my hand. implanted payments aren't here yet, but with VivoKey beta just being released, we'll see where the future goes. We're already ankle deep in the dystopian cyberpunk future, so why not dip my hands in, too.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

We've already gotten the dystopia part down. Why not enjoy the cyberpunk part of it?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm not sure I'd like to pay by handwaving at a POS. Can that thing really properly distinguish between the gestures for "look, you punched two zeros too many into the amount, right there" and "yes this the exact amount that I want to pay, with my own money, right now"?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The only gesture I will accept for contactless implant payment is rubbing your thumb and forefingers together.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

rydiafan posted:

We've already gotten the dystopia part down. Why not enjoy the cyberpunk part of it?

It's not really cyberpunk though is it? It's more life-hacking away your need for pockets. It's barely different from superglueing your bank card to the palm of your hand.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

My Lovely Horse posted:

The only gesture I will accept for contactless implant payment is rubbing your thumb and forefingers together.

Yes, to complete the circuit, of course.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Does it have to be implanted in your hand though? I feel that could often lead to unfortunate ambiguities. It would be better to implant it in a bodypart that says "I hereby testify my consent to this transaction!"

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Just put it in your forehead and slam it down on the reader.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Put it on your tongue so you have to sensuously drag your tongue across the surface if the reader to make a payment.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Literally pay through the nose for everything.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

Literally pay through the nose for everything.

Lol

GWBBQ how did you get the chip in your hand?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

walrusman posted:

Lol

We were all waaaayyyy hosed up, so GWBBQ probably doesn't remember. You know those tire plug kits? Yeah, everything you need for sub-dermal implantation right there.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

walrusman posted:

Lol

Dangerous Things sells kits and I did it myself. Everything comes in a sterile package and implantation is done with a syringe.

rydiafan posted:

The cyberpunk dystopia began with DRM on print cartridges, slowly grew until we had DRM on K Cups, and now Western farmers are flashing bootleg Russian firmware to their tractors so they can fix the tractors without bringing them to a dealership.

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Jul 3, 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm thinking you usually pay with your card, which you'll keep in your wallet while you are not paying to keep it private. Ergo I should implant the chip in my privates, and pay by twerking really hard

That should confuse some folks.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Karate Bastard posted:

Does it have to be implanted in your hand though? I feel that could often lead to unfortunate ambiguities. It would be better to implant it in a bodypart that says "I hereby testify my consent to this transaction!"

Butthole.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
A ways back there was a goon who was DIYing a smart gun where the safety was switched off by a chip in his hand. Not sure how far that project went.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Screaming Idiot posted:

Put it on your tongue so you have to sensuously drag your tongue across the surface if the reader to make a payment.

And then when the tech upgrades to contactless bank transfers between users, you make out with people to lend them :tenbux:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Screaming Idiot posted:

Personal transfers would certainly be more interesting

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Scientastic posted:

Personal transfers would certainly be more interesting

That's already how I get my money so it wouldn't change much :shrug:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
It should really work the other way so people who fail to reciprocate never get paid.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm thinking you usually pay with your card, which you'll keep in your wallet while you are not paying to keep it private. Ergo I should implant the chip in my privates, and pay by twerking really hard

That should confuse some folks.

I did once try to tap on a pay terminal while my wallet was still in my back pocket. I'm pretty tall, but not tall enough for that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dareon posted:

I did once try to tap on a pay terminal while my wallet was still in my back pocket. I'm pretty tall, but not tall enough for that.

That’s how many people badge into places with NFC badges. All hail the ADA or whatever mandating relatively low readers.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Subjunctive posted:

That’s how many people badge into places with NFC badges. All hail the ADA or whatever mandating relatively low readers.

Someone made a game called "don't spill your coffee" where you have to scan your NFC badge on your butt and walk through a turnstile while carrying a cup of coffee. It's pretty funny to watch.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dareon posted:

Yeah nah naw no that's not what I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL0lYcVo_lo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It does take some practice.