Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Majorian posted:

Plus the criticisms of Oliver's segment are pretty superficial. He wasn't particularly charitable towards Chavismo, but it's still way more charitable than literally every other mainstream media take on it.

Oliver is the exact same schtik as the Bush era Daily Show but is a decade stale for anyone that's even moderately online. But he's perfect for people who think we still live in a pre escalator world.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 14:05 on Jul 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

Seriously, spread this poo poo around. The amount of paternalistic drivel I keep seeing from Liberals over Korea is sickening.

quote:

Trump did a different thing in Korea, therefore it's good! Why won't you give Trump a chance? asks the self-proclaimed True Leftist in the Room, as Trump literally throws children in concentration camps.

This is some real dumb poo poo, built on the fallacy that just because the status quo is bad, anything that tries to replace it must be better. Fascists somehow always win over some of the dumbest lefties in the room by making the odd swerve away from the conservative consensus - never mind that what the fascists have in mind is almost always even worse. But go ahead and keep on flogging that straw man that everyone who thinks Trump is dumb in Korea wants atomic apocalypse, as opposed to the more likely explanation that they've seen anything Trump has done before.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
rack 'em

https://twitter.com/StarmNarm/status/1014121425198870531

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

I am sorry, was this peace deal not put together by the South Korean administration who have been pretty drat masterful in their diplomacy on this? If they and North Korea can maneuver Trump into a position of sealing the deal then good for them.

Kokoro Wish has issued a correction as of 13:26 on Jul 3, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/1013906392141520896

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I guess "Trump clearly loves this guy because he murdered someone with an anti-aircraft gun" doesn't translate correctly in some circles.

Help - I still can't seem to get paid to protest or be a professional leftist. Can someone maybe take a look at my CV and help me out?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

"the professional left" rears its head once more

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

I am sorry, was this peace deal not put together by the South Korean administration who have been pretty drat masterful in their diplomacy on this? If they and North Korea can maneuver Trump into a position of sealing the deal then good for them.

they are quoting someone

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

:bahgawd:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
In 2018, a crack activist unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as crisis actors. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Elite Left.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

quote:

There are lots of times of year that there aren't military exercises. There's been plenty of time with no ongoing nuclear tests. There has long been active Russian and Chinese investement and economic development in Korea and North Korea.

The Trans-Siberian railroad system is already in the Korean peninsula, has been for nearly a century since connections were built. Merged sports teams have been done multiple times before, and joint bids to host World Cups are hardly unprecedented. Maybe having a second summit where Trump rambles aimlessly is frankly not even a benefit to anyone, and having Pompeo the CIA torture director going to visit hardly is encouraging either. And in all this time there's not been anything to stop Trump from randomly deciding he doesn't like "little rocket man" anymore and randomly claiming he's going to nuke North Korea again, because he's too loving belligerent to be kept appeased.

You're jumping so hard to praise Trump for accomplishing nothing, and then bitching about how dare we not praise the nothing that has happened. Honestly if you're going to push this line of crap I'm going to need to see you praise all the accomplishments of George W Bush and ever other US president since 1953 in North Korea too, at least you'd be consistent then.

Even the best case scenario if everything pans out is that meaningful change might come over the course of several years, with plenty of time for a Trump-like idiot to tear everything apart. That's why the declarations they signed at the summit were so wishy-washy, so both sides have easy outs on their little photo op promises.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I’m a member of the elite left who got tired of medical bills so picked up and moved to another country. (i know that I am privileged to have the means to do so)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/RIGOPChairman/s...-supporter.html

This got posted already?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...d52b8e411000b74

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Thoguh posted:

Oliver is the exact same schtik as the Bush era Daily Show but is a decade stale for anyone that's even moderately online. But he's perfect for people who think we still live in a pure escalator world.

I like John Oliver.

His main segments are very informative and very well researched, even if they're not always funny.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
DOes Oliver still sound like he's suppressing chuckling every time he opens his mouth?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

DOes Oliver still sound like he's suppressing chuckling every time he opens his mouth?

Kind of but I can't blame him.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

centrist: let me tell you what international business machines can do for you

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, it looks like foccaccia al pomodoro ran through a couple generations of Americanization.

dove vene il pomodoro :thunkher:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why are these reporters so chickenshit and allowing these guys to speak anonymously for the blandest takes imaginable

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Thoguh posted:

In 2018, a crack activist unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as crisis actors. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Elite Left.

i love it when a plan comes together

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

the bitcoin of weed posted:

https://twitter.com/GOPkidnappers/status/1013541470903693312?s=19

every reply to the original is the most succ zone poo poo imaginable

#NoNRA #FreeTheChildren #Vegetarian #Resistance #StillWithHer "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Nastier Nate posted:

I like John Oliver.

His main segments are very informative and very well researched, even if they're not always funny.

Did you miss the whole part where he spewed BS on a number of topics and failed to identify the real issue behind others? He might be good when talking about dialysis or something, but nothing that will eat into the bottom line of the wealthy.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I will NEVER give John Oliver a chance

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

loving thank you for this. There was always something that bugged me about his "bring up a new problem every episode and never discuss the previous problems" strategy and I could never put my finger on it, but this is it exactly, he never proposes what people should do about the problems.

It’s a way for them to create “charities” or “NGOs” that are for there only so that white college grads get a good-paying job.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Elite activist ama

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

soooo

the florida dem party voted to ban private prison company contributions, over the skullduggery of a small, vocal minority who love taking private prison money

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-democratic-party-bans-private-prison-donations-despite-pushback-10491362

one place in particular seems to be a source of these shitheads: broward county. the chair there was against the measure, and a clinton campaign operative from 2016 (who is also from the broward county party) tried to kill the ban with procedural fuckery.

if you're curious why i mention broward specifically, it's the county whose elections supervisor destroyed primary ballots after tim canova asked to see them when DWS won her primary...

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/05/15/broward-elections-supervisor-illegally-destroyed-ballots-judge-rules/

sure seems like a hotbed of corrupt shitlords

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ban private prison and execute the people who run them for crimes against humanity imo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

well you see when liberals are trying to gut medicare and social security they are merely trying to preserve it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Raskolnikov38 posted:

centrists in 1840: what if we just reformed slavery instead of abolishing it?

We constantly compromised with the south for 40 years before the civil war and some how they always came back asking for more, eventually they got a supreme court ruling that was terribly undemocratic and racist, and what do you know they still secceeded when Lincoln got elected

And Lincoln himself at the time had a compromise position on slavery in preventing it from spreading to the territories which he then dropped when it was very clear that slavery had to go in order for the country to be reunited and justice to be done

And now Lincoln is considered one of the best (if not THE best) presidents in history, while all the compromisers are considered the worst

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 15:40 on Jul 3, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RE "tomato pie": I lived in RI for five years and never even saw one of those things in person; also some of the best pizza I've ever had was in Providence

You don't have a city be run by the mafia for like a hundred years and have there be no decent pizza available there, guys, come on

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

lollin o'donnell

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A stirring reminder of what the American left can do when it refuses to compromise

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol even that pic is low energy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

that reminds me, did the flag pin thing finally die off? I barely see it anymore

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it would rule if libs started calling themselves “libtards” like the trump fanatics call themselves ”deplorables”

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
scrap :decorum:!!!

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1013991086824534021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SKULL.GIF posted:

that reminds me, did the flag pin thing finally die off? I barely see it anymore

With Trump I think a lot of liberals stopped caring about trying to appease conservative feelings, and now they're actually realising there is literally no way to appease conservative feelings.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Just like how the pen is mightier than the sword, :decorum: is mightier than a glock pointed at your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it would rule if libs started calling themselves “libtards” like the trump fanatics call themselves ”deplorables”

This will only lead to Dems proudly calling themselves cucks as the alt-right officially takes over the Republican party and some future candidate trying to reach out to black people that can still vote by telling some meandering, deeply racist story about the strapping young buck that plows his wife.

• Locked thread