Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
https://twitter.com/Thooorin/status/1013492622437076992

the f****t defender has logged on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
moE did nothing wrong except for that one time all the time

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Hope that Thorin gets crushed under a towering pile of empty ramen packets and hentai comics and dies alone complaining about political correctness in his sad, desolate bachelor pad.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

lol

the bundle of sticks defense in tyool 2018

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Ban all csgo shoutcasters/commentators and let us watch the games in silence. If CSGO had a good in game observer mode like dota2 I would use that all the time.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my dad always taught me growing up "it's not what you say or how you say it, but how the other person is going to perceive it" and I think that's fairly good life advice for public speaking. when you call someone a human being, 90% of the planet is going to assume the worst interpretation of that word and no amount of footstomping and crying is going to change that

something something tone-deaf

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

Hope that Thorin gets crushed under a towering pile of empty ramen packets and hentai comics and dies alone complaining about political correctness in his sad, desolate bachelor pad.

I hope both thorin and m0e get some kind of hand disease that stops them from using keyboards.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jeza posted:

I always notice when i have the misfortune of turning on a podcast he somehow wormed his way into that he's bundled up like he's in the arctic for like 8 months of the year. P sure he is squatting in an industrial cooler somewhere

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
What're some good CS podcasts?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I don't really know how he lands gigs anywhere. Really the only answer I have is that few people have his general knowledge of CS stats and so on. I feel like most people can't particularly like the guy behind the scenes, sometimes I sense tension on desks with him, but maybe there's just so few alternatives. I kinda expected him to gradually burn all his bridges with his general aspie demeanour and gaffes, but he's still hanging on in there at events so far.

Really wonder what his career options would look like after CS. Did he ever have a job other than professional CS nerd? Maybe he'll just forever be around as like a mouthy SirScoots figure in eSports until he tells a female host to go make a sandwich or something in front of a million viewers and he retires to write angry screeds on alt-right forums.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Jeza posted:

Maybe he'll just forever be around as like a mouthy SirScoots figure in eSports until he tells a female host to go make a sandwich or something in front of a million viewers and he retires to write angry screeds on alt-right forums.

I really think that burn on Shaq is what killed his TV appearances on Eleague.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I always notice when i have the misfortune of turning on a podcast he somehow wormed his way into that he's bundled up like he's in the arctic for like 8 months of the year. P sure he is squatting in an industrial cooler somewhere

He decided heating his apartment in the winter is a waste of money, so he bundles up every day inside his own home. Sums up the kind of person he is pretty well.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

also pour one out for NiP, they are deader than dead. If this isn't the end of the road, I don't even know. 11 rounds across 3 maps, two against ENCE lolll

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Lol after getting so huffy to kng for gay bashing he comes to the defense of m0e of all loving people.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
just disgraceful disband

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jeza posted:

Yeah I don't really know how he lands gigs anywhere. Really the only answer I have is that few people have his general knowledge of CS stats and so on. I feel like most people can't particularly like the guy behind the scenes, sometimes I sense tension on desks with him, but maybe there's just so few alternatives. I kinda expected him to gradually burn all his bridges with his general aspie demeanour and gaffes, but he's still hanging on in there at events so far.

Really wonder what his career options would look like after CS. Did he ever have a job other than professional CS nerd? Maybe he'll just forever be around as like a mouthy SirScoots figure in eSports until he tells a female host to go make a sandwich or something in front of a million viewers and he retires to write angry screeds on alt-right forums.

Nepotism is my guess, same reason Richard Lewis still pops up every now and then.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It's because esports is insanely insular and those guys know people behind the scenes that they're friends with despite the fact that they're garbage people

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Fun to see a Finnish team perform decently after a while

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

quote:

Tweet from @OnFireMoses: This is going to the be the darkest and lowest point for Team Liquid.

Hyperbole in CS is the best of all sports.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

So the rumor is ESL is gonna be in charge of the next Major, if that's true I guess I'll watch the whole thing through the game client because I am 100% not down with this Facebook stream nonsense.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Tenkaris posted:

So the rumor is ESL is gonna be in charge of the next Major, if that's true I guess I'll watch the whole thing through the game client because I am 100% not down with this Facebook stream nonsense.

I haven't watched one single solitary minute of their Facebook broadcasts. I hear their numbers are way the gently caress down because of it, and they should rightfully be ridiculed like the idiots that they are.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
They don't stream the Majors on Twitch or something? I still see their channel and Google isn't turning up any drama.

Edit never mind found the article about their "exclusive partnership" what a loving joke. Wonder how much money Zuckerberg threw at them for that garbage idea.

I get that this poo poo costs a ton of money but disregarding the fact Twitch by far is the highest- viewership platform for streaming these events is asinine.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 5, 2018

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Watch them here: https://esl.atx.sx/

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I'm probably the most unbiased individual here on this topic and I'm saying we're gonna see ence on the big stage.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Tenkaris posted:

Source?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Just a post from dekay, take that for what you will

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Kehveli posted:

I'm probably the most unbiased individual here on this topic and I'm saying we're gonna see ence on the big stage.

If they make it, will the corners of your mouth involuntarily twitch upwards for a moment?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Please don't wish harm on other goons, he'd probably break something if that happened.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Yeah, smiling poses serious health risks for Finnish people. Allu being the exception.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Jeza posted:

If they make it, will the corners of your mouth involuntarily twitch upwards for a moment?

I will warm up the celebratory sauna with a stern look on my face

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

jerman999 posted:

Just a post from dekay, take that for what you will

quote:

Separately, IEM Katowice is as of now excluded from ESL's exclusive agreement to stream ESL One events on Facebook.

Well let's hope it winds up being Katowice! :pray:

This is great, thanks for sharing :D

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 5, 2018

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I wouldn’t even mind the Facebook streams if it didn’t take like 5 minutes to find the stream every time I open the app.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Both the facebook stream and the esl atx site constantly buffer for me.

It's like real player came back from the dead

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Smooya is so bad.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

dad on the rag posted:

Smooya is so bad.

:x

Disband sk/mibr

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
I'm at the silvers and I feel like sometimes I'm a god getting headshots and loving everyone up and holding my own at s4 while getting matched with some s5s and sometimes I feel like I just plain can't one-tap or even spray reliably, or like I'm a mouthbreathing moron and I derank to s3 and can barely middle-frag in a game of s2s.

I've got over 300 hours in this game, so I feel like I should have figured things out by now.

I've tried an aimbots map for one-tap practice vsnbots that move side to side, and a recoil master map to practice spray patterns, but it seems it isn't translating into real games. Recently, I've been trying five minutes of each before I hop into a comp session. Seems like I do better than if I don't warmup, but I'm still not great.

Is it all just a matter of consistent practice? I went through a two week period of playing at least a couple games per day, with lots of games on the weekend, and I ranked up to s4 and did alright against thw occasional higher rank players that got matched with me.

Then, I quit for almost a week because I got bored. I started again but only play a few games per week instead of per day, and it feels hard to aim and I'm doing worse against worse players. So it seems reasonable to assume that I just need to play consistently. Does that sound right?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

dad on the rag posted:

Smooya is so bad.

I didn't catch any of their games against SK but what I've seen from him this tournament has been on the whole pretty underwhelming for somebody brought on as a "star" player. However, there have been definite flashes of brilliance in the midst of many dumbass mistakes, so I guess there's hope. A little bit like when I first saw s1mple, I guess. Except a few more whiffs.

I guess it's still early days for him in pro CS. This is his first real LAN tournament against T1 teams under gob b I think? In any case, anybody who can hit the flicks like he does usually ends up being a very good AWP player if they can gain consistency and iron out mistakes.

oliveoil posted:

I'm at the silvers and I feel like sometimes I'm a god getting headshots and loving everyone up and holding my own at s4 while getting matched with some s5s and sometimes I feel like I just plain can't one-tap or even spray reliably, or like I'm a mouthbreathing moron and I derank to s3 and can barely middle-frag in a game of s2s.

I've got over 300 hours in this game, so I feel like I should have figured things out by now.

I've tried an aimbots map for one-tap practice vsnbots that move side to side, and a recoil master map to practice spray patterns, but it seems it isn't translating into real games. Recently, I've been trying five minutes of each before I hop into a comp session. Seems like I do better than if I don't warmup, but I'm still not great.

Is it all just a matter of consistent practice? I went through a two week period of playing at least a couple games per day, with lots of games on the weekend, and I ranked up to s4 and did alright against thw occasional higher rank players that got matched with me.

Then, I quit for almost a week because I got bored. I started again but only play a few games per week instead of per day, and it feels hard to aim and I'm doing worse against worse players. So it seems reasonable to assume that I just need to play consistently. Does that sound right?

In general, it's wrong to think you'll perform at a consistent level in games even when you are consistent. You inevitably tend to think your best games are you playing as you should be, rather than deviations from the average which they are. Even the best in the game have off days, but for mere mortals, a good player can string together bad games even when they don't do anything wrong particularly.

Playing consistently will make you better. Same with anything in life. Personally I think bot training is mostly hocus pocus and unhelpful compared to basic deathmatch because in DM you train not only to read how players move under fire, but also how best to move when you are being shot at. As I think I probably said in this thread or its previous iterations a long time ago, gamesense will carry you further than aim anyway, all the way to Global (unless you are drastically below average at aiming) simply because putting yourself in an advantageous position is such a huge part of the game. And one that diminishes how well you need to aim. The best way to learn that is by playing 5v5 (especially as a 5).

As a Silver, I can almost guarantee you are in the wrong place at the wrong time almost 100% of the time in any given game. That may sound crazy, but it's probably accurate. You can always post a demo for people to look at if you really think you've plateau'd.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Daeno fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 4, 2020

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kehveli posted:

I will warm up the celebratory sauna with a stern look on my face

What goes into the celebratory sauna that differentiates it from your breakfast sauna, or your naptime sauna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Jeza posted:

gamesense will carry you further than aim anyway

As a Silver, I can almost guarantee you are in the wrong place at the wrong time almost 100% of the time in any given game.

I got a lot of help on these 2 by watching a poo poo load of professional cs and tried to really think about WHY a pro was doing what they were doing. Additionally, you start figuring out all the best post to post up as a CT.

I think nade usage helps a poo poo ton in the lower tiers too because no one uses them or uses them poorly. I get so many pop flash kills it's retarded. But honestly it's a team game. So if you know how to smoke off, molly, flash for your team it's going to win you guys more rounds.
Here is a site that will get you started.
http://sothatwemaybefree.com/

sterster fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 6, 2018