Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

^ alright, alright. Here's an Ushi. A real pettin cat since I don't have a dog. Unlike me, he loves all of you.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Steezo posted:

I know this is hard for you, but yes. Shutting down the conversation, or shrieking at the top of your lungs when someone disagrees with you is childish, idiot behavior.

but is it actual treason tho? :thunkher:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Sorry Nazi posters, thank you for your service

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Next post not about current events is getting clipped

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
AS AN ACTUAL COMBAT VETERAN (MODERN WARFARE 2-4, BLACK OPS 1-3)

A protest is occurring in Philly, occupying the ICE building there.

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1013936748672569345?s=19

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The Hill posted:

A woman publicly confronted Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt while he was eating lunch on Monday and urged him to resign, according to video posted on Facebook. "EPA head Scott Pruitt was 3 tables away as I ate lunch with my child. I had to say something," Kristin Mink posted on Facebook with an accompanying video of her encounter with Pruitt. Mink, who is a schoolteacher according to her Facebook profile, lists off multiple scandals Pruitt has been ensnared in since becoming EPA chief, including the rental of a Capitol Hill condo owned by the wife of an influential lobbyist. "We deserve to have somebody at the EPA who actually does protect our environment, someone who believes in climate change and takes it seriously for the benefit of all us, including our children," Mink said.

"I would urge you to resign before your scandals push you out."

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/395267-woman-confronts-pruitt-at-restaurant-tells-him-to-resign

I hope this is a trend of high level government officials getting to have no meal in public go uninterrupted by someone telling them how they're loving things up and/or going to jail.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
On one hand I'm all for the protests against ICE, but on the other hand, that van is creepy as gently caress

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mods change my name posted:

On one hand I'm all for the protests against ICE, but on the other hand, that van is creepy as gently caress

Mr. T pities you.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Defenestrategy posted:

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/395267-woman-confronts-pruitt-at-restaurant-tells-him-to-resign

I hope this is a trend of high level government officials getting to have no meal in public go uninterrupted by someone telling them how they're loving things up and/or going to jail.

This is the trend I hope gets attention, and not how more Dem lawmakers are going to cry about how they're doing it wrong

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

Mr. T pities you.

Mr T preferred spoilers on his vans, and he would not be seen in something in such a bad state of repair :colbert:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

This is the trend I hope gets attention, and not how more Dem lawmakers are going to cry about how they're doing it wrong

:decorum:

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1013991086824534021

:decorum:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Current and enduring event: Scott Pruitt is a real sleazeball.

https://twitter.com/AlexCKaufman/status/1014129996418437121

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
In more Internet news: AT&T Promised to lower prices after Time Warner merger

Guess who lied?

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/att-promised-lower-prices-after-time-warner-merger-its-raising-them-instead/

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

I bet you 50/50 the dems don't change the way they operate, even though it's blatantly obvious it can't work.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Current and enduring event: Scott Pruitt is a real sleazeball.

https://twitter.com/AlexCKaufman/status/1014129996418437121

I guess one of the actually rich guys in the cabinet forgot to tell him that you need to run your grifting by an attorney first so you don't do anything blatantly illegal?

Though I would've figured that Republicans would remember that you can't hire your wife in the executive branch, that was one of the Clinton mini scandals.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

I guess one of the actually rich guys in the cabinet forgot to tell him that you need to run your grifting by an attorney first so you don't do anything blatantly illegal?

Though I would've figured that Republicans would remember that you can't hire your wife in the executive branch, that was one of the Clinton mini scandals.

lol if you think republicans care about blatant hypocrisy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hexyflexy posted:

I bet you 50/50 the dems don't change the way they operate, even though it's blatantly obvious it can't work.

Of course not because they have no skin in the game and want to maintain the status quo even if it means a permanent minority party status. Who cares if Roe is overturned? They’re rich enough to avoid the consequences.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Wait until climate refugees become A Thing :discourse:

Our civilization is so completely hosed. People are losing their goddamn minds because refugees from tiny nations such as Honduras, Syria, and Libya are trying to peacefully integrate. Brexit, Trump, the turn to fascism in Europe is all because of modest increase in brown refugees.

In a decade or two when our food stocks actually begin collapsing, and countries such as Bangladesh (160 million) and India (1.4 billion people) are either underwater or become arid hellscapes we are so unbelievably hosed.

But you know America First, Her Emails, white economic anxiety, 2nd amendment, tax cuts, owning the libs, abortions! Those are the real issues our civilization faces. MAGA

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1014172345286758401?s=20

:lol:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Anyone who didn't see this coming deserves their bill being raised.

I saw a snippet over the weekend about AT&T adding a $1.23 admin charge to every wireless line and just smiled while taking a huge poo poo.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Our civilization is so completely hosed. People are losing their goddamn minds because refugees from tiny nations such as Honduras, Syria, and Libya are trying to peacefully integrate. Brexit, Trump, the turn to fascism in Europe is all because of modest increase in brown refugees.

In a decade or two when our food stocks actually begin collapsing, and countries such as Bangladesh (160 million) and India (1.4 billion people) are either underwater or become arid hellscapes we are so unbelievably hosed.

But you know America First, Her Emails, white economic anxiety, 2nd amendment, tax cuts, owning the libs, abortions! Those are the real issues our civilization faces. MAGA

Before any of that hits the US, there's probably going to be an insane murderfest throughout the Himalayas/SW Asia and the middle east, probably driving up to China/Russia/Turkey. China and India are probably going to start making sovereignty noises over the puny water supplies they both have to tap in the near future. I seriously see a WWI style war between the major powers in that region, with a couple of hundred million civilians caught up in the middle.

e: The turn to Fascism in Europe et al, is probably going to result in crazy further bloodshed, and funding of repressive regimes in the trouble spots, just to keep people away.

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 3, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Don't worry, Bezos says we'll just live in space.

speaking of spaceboys:

https://twitter.com/lopezlinette/status/1014152383645880322

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
If you want to still buy a tesla at this point then you're a grade a chump if you ask me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Owning the libs by cutting critical safety checks?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Owning the libs by cutting critical safety checks?

Elon doesn’t like yellow, remember?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
AT&T is canceling my current plan with a whole set of new plans to roll out at the end of this month. Their website seemed to make it seem like I have no choice in this matter. The streaming services they offer that are near identical to comcast's come with similar bandwidth restrictions unless you pay for the highest tier service. Everything else is restricted to 480p. They don't throttle unlimited until you hit 22gb in a month, though.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What a crock of poo poo with these carriers. I’m liking the rumors of the next iPhone being dual sim so I can switch to T-Mobile on my primary carrier but maintain some sort of secondary bare bones VZW service so my phone will work everywhere.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If new iphone is anything it'd be eSIM, theres no way they'd make space for 2 SIM doors.

eSIMs could potentially make it easy to change carriers in software though so you could change it as easily as wifi APs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

AT&T is canceling my current plan with a whole set of new plans to roll out at the end of this month. Their website seemed to make it seem like I have no choice in this matter. The streaming services they offer that are near identical to comcast's come with similar bandwidth restrictions unless you pay for the highest tier service. Everything else is restricted to 480p. They don't throttle unlimited until you hit 22gb in a month, though.

Sprint customer service sucks, but its 10x better Unlimited.

That or T-Mobile.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

Google fi. If you can deal with a Pixel or the other onesie-twosie phones that work on it.

My bill last month was $34, but I bought the moto 4 outright and don't use data for poo poo. $10/gb until you hit 6gb, data is free after that. So $60/mo max for data, $20 for call/text, $5 device protection, plus taxes. Data is prorated properly too, if you use 734mb, you'll pay $7.34 for it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

If new iphone is anything it'd be eSIM, theres no way they'd make space for 2 SIM doors.

eSIMs could potentially make it easy to change carriers in software though so you could change it as easily as wifi APs.

The rumor is eSIM and 1 physical SIM slot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Google fi. If you can deal with a Pixel or the other onesie-twosie phones that work on it.

My bill last month was $34, but I bought the moto 4 outright and don't use data for poo poo. $10/gb until you hit 6gb, data is free after that. So $60/mo max for data, $20 for call/text, $5 device protection, plus taxes. Data is prorated properly too, if you use 734mb, you'll pay $7.34 for it.

I have an iphone and am not switching to anything else anytime soon, so no google for me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hexyflexy posted:

They're really really really really bad at what they do and what's hosed is they're the only game in town.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're really really really really bad at what they do and what's hosed is they're the only game in town.

At least they're finally getting primaried from the left so some of them will get scared enough to do the right thing.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/02/world/asia/china-travel-warning-america.html

Ha, it was only a matter of time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I actually am looking forward to the response from on high on this one because I bet it's going to be glorious

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

destroying a lucrative tourism industry to own the libs

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

economic anxiety

https://twitter.com/AmeerG95/status/1013880937690656769

these are the people the chattering pundit class insists democrats need to reach, by the way

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hexyflexy posted:

Congressional Dems are cowardly fucks, but it seems like Tom Perez and the DNC organization are starting to get it and running campaigns targeted for the local constituents instead of adherence to a "party line." I guess we just have to hope we get enough good ones in there to start making a difference.

economic anxiety

pretty cut-and-dried case of economic anxiety. The gentleman outside of the truck is a date farmer and is worried about subsidized imports from afghanistan undercutting his business. we really need to get the farm bill passed to flip these moderate republicans.

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

economic anxiety

you know the first thing that popped into my head was "wow he actually could recognize the afghan flag"

• Locked thread