Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I thought their match earlier this year was MOTYC level. Like it might make my top 100 for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Dalton, maybe, but Lethal is legit a fantastic worker. With the right opponent, he could absolutely have a MOTYC.

I like Lethal, I think he's a hard worker. However, his ringwork leaves me kinda meh. There's no intensity or urgency to his work. But it could be the ROH effect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Baron Corbyn posted:

I thought their match earlier this year was MOTYC level. Like it might make my top 100 for the year.

You only have 100 MOTYC? Are you skipping the G1 or something?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OGB posted:

Not that I know anything of the deals they got on the venues, but they were 3000 people in a 6000 and 10000 seater each. That had to hurt.

I was at the PPV, and they had most of the lower bowl sold (the only empty seats I saw were in the far ends near the entrance). I imagine they didn't really expect or intend to sell the upper bowl, so 3000 was probably what they expected from the venue.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/jimmy-havoc-first-be-announced-inaugural-roh-international-cup-uk

"Havoc thrives against more physical and violent wrestlers like Masada and Matt Tremont but is known for his victories against Pete Dunne, Tommy End, Will Ospreay, and Matt Riddle!"

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

What an original idea, having an eight man tournament for a title in England

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Jimmy havoc iant even the best J. Havoc in the world

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Endless Mike posted:

I was at the PPV, and they had most of the lower bowl sold (the only empty seats I saw were in the far ends near the entrance). I imagine they didn't really expect or intend to sell the upper bowl, so 3000 was probably what they expected from the venue.

I too was there. You have a point with there being ABSOLUTELY ZERO people in the upper bowl.

I’m hoping it was enough for them to come back. Way better than the poo poo-rear end soccer arenas.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rovert posted:

ROH parted ways with their biggest star last night

https://twitter.com/DeonnaPurrazzo/status/1013557233819488259

Who?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dalton/lethal from earlier this year was v v good

exploded mummy posted:

Jimmy havoc iant even the best J. Havoc in the world

show your work

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

show your work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO_vIa42kQ0

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I know its havok with a k but still

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

When I saw her in February she was breathing heavy just getting into the ring. It was sad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Roque11 posted:

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/jimmy-havoc-first-be-announced-inaugural-roh-international-cup-uk

"Havoc thrives against more physical and violent wrestlers like Masada and Matt Tremont but is known for his victories against Pete Dunne, Tommy End, Will Ospreay, and Matt Riddle!"

Ha! Ha! Ha!

It just hit me. Your posts read like Chick Tracts.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It just hit me. Your posts read like Chick Tracts.

because in every case they're the opposite of reality

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mob posted:

because in every case they're the opposite of reality

Also, virulent anti-semitism

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
can we get a thread title change the king has never ducked the pretender

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

can we get a thread title change the king has never ducked the pretender

Been arguing for this for a year now. At this point I assume it's one of those in-jokes

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Been arguing for this for a year now. At this point I assume it's one of those in-jokes

Maybe it's a sign we shouldn't post about ROH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH keeps doing record crowds, who are you to doubt Roque?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yeah, they're record crowds, they're drawing all the way from 78 to 33 1\3

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1014554475460222978

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1014578369667559424

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have no idea what is going on with Taeler Hendrix but she pretty much became a non-factor with ROH after the Mandy feud.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

I have no idea what is going on with Taeler Hendrix but she pretty much became a non-factor with ROH after the Mandy feud.

I always thought Mandy crippled her

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's pretty hosed up, Jay.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Personally, I would probably blame the two girls who ran every other girl out of WOH but that's just me. If Jay did that, that's scummy (but in line with what I've heard about him).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ve never really heard anything bad about jay. I’d be interested to know where that comment is coming from.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’ve never really heard anything bad about jay. I’d be interested to know where that comment is coming from.

Same. Which is not cast doubt, but I'd heard he was a standup dude.

Of course, the last few years have proven that hearing that only means something until it doesn't.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Taeler trying to say she's a bigger draw than Martini is some pretty funny poo poo.

Her social media reads like a self insert fanfic. Not sure if she's killing time or what.

As for Jay demanding she sleep with him, that's some poo poo I didn't see coming. He always came off as too boring for that kind of thing. Drink's very sparingly, doesn't have any other bad habits to speak of, and I believe has been married happily for quite some time. Not saying its out of the realm of possibilities because working for ROH drives people insane.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How good of a guy could someone be if their real last name is Shipman and they don't have a sailing or pirate gimmick.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Taeler trying to say she's a bigger draw than Martini is some pretty funny poo poo.

Her social media reads like a self insert fanfic. Not sure if she's killing time or what.

As for Jay demanding she sleep with him, that's some poo poo I didn't see coming. He always came off as too boring for that kind of thing. Drink's very sparingly, doesn't have any other bad habits to speak of, and I believe has been married happily for quite some time. Not saying its out of the realm of possibilities because working for ROH drives people insane.

Yeah, as goofy as Truth is, he's 50x more memorable than her. Did she even talk for Jay all that often? Or do anything other than like, occasionally interfere for Jay?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I tweeted about it during and after it all happened.

Taeler is rather odd and from all accounts from male and female wrestlers. Tremendously difficult to work with too which is why she doesn't wrestle anyway of note despite being more than passable in the ring and her look. Which be things used to discredit her.

However, I do believe her based on talking to people at the time it happened. To my understanding, she did complain to management hence Truth Martini, Delirious's best friend completely vanishing from ROH and Pro Wrestling.

There is/was a scuzzy side of the ROH locker room where it comes to questionable sex behaviour and drugs. The Being The Elite Drug Free thing is kind of a rib on that culture as those dudes remove themselves from it. If you have eyes you will observe relationships/sexual politics have played a big role in WOH over the years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Jay has had a habit of sleeping with his own trainees. Sometimes love happens and that works out. But ethically it is really questionable especially when it happens over and over. That trends into predatory behaviour.

Also mysteriously WWE has for whatever reason has NO instead in him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There was nothing weird about Jay Lethal bragging in a promo about having sex with AJ Lee before CM Punk did. Nothing at all.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

There was nothing weird about Jay Lethal bragging in a promo about having sex with AJ Lee before CM Punk did. Nothing at all.

Oh man that’s gross. Didn’t know he did that

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I forgot he had done that. Dude has Tiger Woods syndrome where you forget he's a horny weirdo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gonzo McFee posted:

I forgot he had done that. Dude has Tiger Woods syndrome where you forget he's a horny weirdo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

This week's Observer posted:

They taped four weeks of television on 6/30 in Fairfax, VA, before 1,000 fans at the Patriot Center. They cut the building, which holds 10,000, way down for TV purposes. It’s a WWE regular arena which WWE usually does about 3,000 in.

Oof.

At the same time, about Best in the World

quote:

Overall, the Best in the World PPV was good, particularly the second half. The show was ROH’s debut at the UMBC Arena, and drew 2,500 fans. It was the largest crowd in the history of the company for a show drawn on top by exclusively ROH wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The one where hesaid "I don't take other people's scraps, even though others are happy to take mine!", right?

I thought that was a curious thing to say.

• Locked thread