Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
i'd say he's an angry facebook veteran but there's no beard :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Steezo posted:

If you're not too busy chasing combat vets out or fostering actual treason or election fraud, sure.

As a combat vet, you can blow me. Get the gently caress out of here with that hyperbolic bullshit.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1013895722868101125

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1013950269384687616

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

economic anxiety

https://twitter.com/AmeerG95/status/1013880937690656769

these are the people the chattering pundit class insists democrats need to reach, by the way

Why are some people slow to assimilate or integrate into society? :ohdear:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lol gently caress them

E: the Rhode Island democrats

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lol gently caress them

the best part is that the last election went 88% dem or something like that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1013952402561601536

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

economic anxiety

these are the people the chattering pundit class insists democrats need to reach, by the way

Back during 9/11 I had a similar incident in texas but it was over a canada sticker.

I still have no idea why.

Also I haven't payed attention but someone mentioned a rumor of trump wanting to put tarrifs on importated car parts.

Look at this column here

Percent
Content
US/
Canada

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/2018_aala_alpha_06262018.pdf

Also the end tables are good.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Listen, progressive politics may work in the Bronx but here in our +82 dem district clearly we need a Trump friendly democrat.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

economic anxiety

Ah, the elusive undecided voter.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lol gently caress them

I was complaining in here a few weeks ago about the DSA in my state being kind of lovely. Yeah and now gotta deal with this poo poo too. Staying independent I guess. Sadly the republican candidates here run with / talk like they are running for seats in Oklahoma, not New England, so I can't really take them seriously either. If my job situation wasn't 'finally got the exact job I wanted' I'd probably be talking with the wife about running for office. She just got a job here too so neither of us are doing it yet, but honestly it might be in the cards at some point.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

warsow posted:

The whole intent behind this is to break up the ghettos and remove the “separate but equal” plurality that exists in Denmark. Not increase the divide between immigrant/refugee and Native Dane.

Phone posting so I can’t embed the link.
http://time.com/5328347/denmark-ghettos-policies/

While that will draw more comparisons to Canadian Indian Schools, those schools were designed to strip children of their identities and religion, change their names, place them in foster families, and depopulate native lands and reservations.

To say that is equal to educating a diaspora on the culture and language of their new land to increase cohesion is a bit heavy handed.

Maybe it really is a sinister plot, and then I was hella wrong.

There are much easier ways to break up ghettos that don't involve harsher punishment for crimes based on your area code, mandatory classes on how to be danish and electronic tracking to make sure 'ghetto' kids don't go out after 8pm(though admittedly the last one won't be implemented). You can force relocations per example. This is straight up class discrimination and likely racism, and I'm curious if the Danish courts will let it stand.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Jokers Gamble posted:

As a combat vet, you can blow me. Get the gently caress out of here with that hyperbolic bullshit.

Ugh silly baby murderer, were trying to be more politically correct here

It’s SMDFTB, not blow me

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

That Works posted:

Ah, the elusive undecided voter.

I was complaining in here a few weeks ago about the DSA in my state being kind of lovely. Yeah and now gotta deal with this poo poo too. Staying independent I guess. Sadly the republican candidates here run with / talk like they are running for seats in Oklahoma, not New England, so I can't really take them seriously either. If my job situation wasn't 'finally got the exact job I wanted' I'd probably be talking with the wife about running for office. She just got a job here too so neither of us are doing it yet, but honestly it might be in the cards at some point.

As always, DSA chapters are at the local scale and even one voice can have a noticeable effect. You personally can make them less lovely. Why not join and at the very least post on their equivalent of a mailing list. You might not do much but posting from home is pretty easy effort to make a little improvement.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Listen, progressive politics may work in the Bronx but here in our +82 dem district clearly we need a Trump friendly democrat.

These people are being alarmist, there's no way centrist dems would sell the progressive wing of the party up river for a handful of trump voters.....right?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

mlmp08 posted:

Why are some people slow to assimilate or integrate into society? :ohdear:

Short answer, the backroom deal to get Hayes in office really hosed the wrong people.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Holy gently caress, I'm so glad I moved away from that state. gently caress, that is some grade a horse poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

M_Gargantua posted:

As always, DSA chapters are at the local scale and even one voice can have a noticeable effect. You personally can make them less lovely. Why not join and at the very least post on their equivalent of a mailing list. You might not do much but posting from home is pretty easy effort to make a little improvement.

This is all good and right advice. I tried doing this with a few groups locally before the trump time and sadly when you start working with them to explain the process we have in place, a lot of people see the extra work and bail.

But thankfully there is this big fearful thing that exists now that will make them want to do that extra work.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

M_Gargantua posted:

Ugh silly baby murderer, were trying to be more politically correct here

It’s SMDFTB, not blow me

As an actual baby killer, how dare you, That's our word.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Nailed it.

https://twitter.com/jacobawohl/status/1014216603691466752?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

economic anxiety

C'mon. You should be impressed that he knew what an Afghan flag looked like.

Edit: Two Scoops finally ordered the flags to half staff after a whole bunch of negative press.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Dance Officer posted:

There are much easier ways to break up ghettos that don't involve harsher punishment for crimes based on your area code, mandatory classes on how to be danish and electronic tracking to make sure 'ghetto' kids don't go out after 8pm(though admittedly the last one won't be implemented). You can force relocations per example. This is straight up class discrimination and likely racism, and I'm curious if the Danish courts will let it stand.

I do like that the NY Times article has quotes from the Average Dane where they're so excited at the prospect of wiping out these kids' native culture so they can just live like normal Danes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Defenestrategy posted:

These people are being alarmist, there's no way centrist dems would sell the progressive wing of the party up river for a handful of trump voters.....right?

What's important right now is for every Dem strategist, congress critter, and political hack to go out a few months before a pivotal election and tamp down their enthusiastic base. It would be truly awful to have people elected who want to change a status quo that's clearly working for everyone. *A sea of politicos in DC nod enthusiastically*

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

mods change my name posted:

If you want to still buy a tesla at this point then you're a grade a chump if you ask me.

I've owned a Model S for five years and it's loving boss.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
that doesn't contradict anything in my post

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Eej posted:

I do like that the NY Times article has quotes from the Average Dane where they're so excited at the prospect of wiping out these kids' native culture so they can just live like normal Danes

Yeah, the Danish have been turning hard right for years now. Its a good example of things being about as hosed in Europe as they are in the US. Though with the retirement of Kennedy from the SC, that might not be true anymore. Dude was a hardcore republican in most ways, but a reliable vote for civil rights through most of his career. That's gonna change now, with whoever Trump is going to put up for the seat.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Honestly I think Trey Gowdy might be an ok supreme court pick and certainly the least awful name I've heard floated so far. He's legitimately sharp as hell, can tell when he sucks at a job and needs to step out, and called the Nunes memo out as the wet fart it was.

Also five-time Forensic Files guest star so he's got the reality tv connection working for him.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

shame on an IGA posted:

Honestly I think Trey Gowdy might be an ok supreme court pick and certainly the least awful name I've heard floated so far. He's legitimately sharp as hell, can tell when he sucks at a job and needs to step out, and called the Nunes memo out as the wet fart it was.

Also five-time Forensic Files guest star so he's got the reality tv connection working for him.

No he loving wasnt! Im looking it up RIGHT NOW!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I keep trying to be optimistic but drat.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

destroying a lucrative tourism industry to own the libs

How can you not see that this is a massive troll by the Chinese government, and not an actual real warning like our State Department issues?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/graydowney/status/1014221996819996678

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh cool i always wanted to attend a corpse synod

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

shame on an IGA posted:

Idk he went full retard for the Benghazi bullshit for years.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Trey Gowdy must have a completely different hairstyle for every public appearance he makes. It's a rule.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bored As gently caress posted:

Idk he went full retard for the Benghazi bullshit for years.

Dude's clearly a sperglord who hates the collaboration and soft power aspects of legislating and saw an opportunity to turn being a congressman back into the hard nosed prosecutor role he enjoys, then like any addict went to the most extreme lengths necessary to stay on the ride.

A shark can't stop swimming and an AUSA can't stop trying to dunk plea deals.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

How can you not see that this is a massive troll by the Chinese government, and not an actual real warning like our State Department issues?

US State department puts out plenty of bullshit warnings too.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Early on in this administration when I watched Comey's testimony and so on, Trey Gowdy regularly looked like the biggest idiot of them all with his lines of questioning.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Eej posted:

So how many generations in before these immigrant's kids are the equivalent to an American claiming they are "Irish?"

Their native culture will be "wiped out" through normal assimilation, it's what happens when you move to another country.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

So you're saying it's bad when people from another country show up and try to make the locals conform to the newcomer's culture?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/status/1014184738502791168

And the poll is here https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2554 (don't know why he didn't reply to the QU poll directly)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

SimonCat posted:

So how many generations in before these immigrant's kids are the equivalent to an American claiming they are "Irish?"

Their native culture will be "wiped out" through normal assimilation, it's what happens when you move to another country.

If you live in a place long enough you absorb the culture/language/what ever and that's cool, but creating laws trying to enforce some kind of homogenous ethnostate is kinda hosed.

• Locked thread