Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Antoine Silvere posted:

These games are some of my all time favorites and I'm surprised it's not that well known considering it's a Hideo Kojima game. I think Solid Snake even makes a cameo in the second one, lol

edit: and then there's this game, which is basically the metal gear survive of boktai

those always seemed pretty cool. don't you have to run a special script for the emulator to feed the sunshine sensor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Woah, Lunar Knights isn't a terrible spin-off from the Lunar series? poo poo. I need to play it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Antoine Silvere posted:

basically the metal gear survive of boktai

FactsAreUseless posted:

poo poo. I need to play it.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

I love Boktai, probably my favorite arpg on the gba

i'm still mad we never got 3 over here

sector_corrector posted:

those always seemed pretty cool. don't you have to run a special script for the emulator to feed the sunshine sensor?

i think some roms have it built in where you can just press L and R to increase/decrease the sunlight

lol. i meant more that it's Konami trying to make a boktai-ish game without kojima. the gameplay is actually pretty good outside of the dumb ship segments

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Thinking about Radical Heights.

Someone has to

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Antoine Silvere posted:

These games are some of my all time favorites and I'm surprised it's not that well known considering it's a Hideo Kojima game. I think Solid Snake even makes a cameo in the second one, lol

edit: and then there's this game, which is basically the metal gear survive of boktai

I picked up Lunar Knights because of the Boktai connection and it was so bad

My friends made fun of me at the time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98 an actual trailer shown at E3. 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

say what you will about 3D realms, but their coders really got everything they could out of powerpoint

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I forgot about this. I don't understand how anyone ever liked American McGee enough to keep sticking their name on things.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
American McG's Bad Day OC. I'm outta here

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Jaffe is a bad developer.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Omg

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

No way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wii library is cheating. It's like posting 2600 box art.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Fun fact 100 years ago when we used to post on YCS my username was something stupid as gently caress like Laser Beam or whatever and then Frags changed my name in one of those wacky mega threads to "American McGee's 3some" and then I got banned or something and couldn't unban my account cause the username was too long so they had to shorten it to American McGay.

I still don't know who this man is.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

Fun fact 100 years ago when we used to post on YCS my username was something stupid as gently caress like Laser Beam or whatever and then Frags changed my name in one of those wacky mega threads to "American McGee's 3some" and then I got banned or something and couldn't unban my account cause the username was too long so they had to shorten it to American McGay.

Lmao I remember that user name

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cobalt Viper posted:

American McGay

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

American McGay

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's a great username

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I remember it too lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

That's a great username

Lol yeah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cobalt Viper posted:

lol, but also american mcgee was a level designer for doom/doom 2 and quake. now you know something about him

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rpr_hhZbcw

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Scrapland was cool but I think they just slapped his name on it for the American release and it was just an independent Spanish game originally

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I've never seen anyone else speak positively about scrapland but I thought it was neat too. Unfortunately it was burdened with the worst translation I have ever heard

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

lmfao been saying 'american mcgay' outloud every now and then since i read this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

american mcgee's Twisted Alice retelling on the quake 3 engine

the game is actually pretty cool, and a lot of people might know about it. but what you might not remember is that they rebooted it as a generic action platformer in the early 2010s and no one had anything to say about it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

American McGay

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

We should honor his wishes and grant him that username

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how in the world does american mcgee have 1,532 patreon subscribers.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I liked the first Alice game a lot in like middle school but I had no idea who American McGee was lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

I liked the first Alice game a lot in like middle school but I had no idea who American McGee was lol

basically no one did, i dont know why they put his name on the box like that