Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

Adam Scott is cool and good and Party Down is a very very good show but this is the horror thread

And we were talking about the horror movies he's played in, and some left-of-center films that have some horror elements to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Adam scott makes my blood boil. He is literally the worst thing ever to happen. In fact i cant even enjoy flowers like fran suggested because the fact that somebody compenasated him for acting is the antithesis of all things good and just in this world.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
http://collider.com/childs-play-reboot-lars-klevberg-mgm-orion-it-producers/

Nice

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

And we were talking about the horror movies he's played in, and some left-of-center films that have some horror elements to them.

what i meant was i am not gonna mouth on a lot about Party Down

Krampus, though, is jolly good Christmas time family nonsense

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

Adam scott makes my blood boil. He is literally the worst thing ever to happen. In fact i cant even enjoy flowers like fran suggested because the fact that somebody compenasated him for acting is the antithesis of all things good and just in this world.

We're only about three Adam Scott rants away from the joke coming back around again to being funny so don't stop now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
For you horror bluray fans, Roninflix just released their special edition version of The Church if you are looking to add your bluray collections (I believe theres also a cheaper version through a different distributor with less special features but the same transfer if you'd like to save money). I ordered mine.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
A Child's Play film without Mancini or Dourif is going to be loving garbage just like NOES without Englund.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

What is even the loving point

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Burkion posted:

What is even the loving point

Yeah, I don't get this. Cult and Curse were both really interesting, with a clear intent on steering the franchise into some much needed new territory. It's not like this is a franchise that has stagnated and isn't trying new things.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

For you horror bluray fans, Roninflix just released their special edition version of The Church if you are looking to add your bluray collections (I believe theres also a cheaper version through a different distributor with less special features but the same transfer if you'd like to save money). I ordered mine.

How long is the sale lasting? I know it's $35 right now, plus a $5 discount, but I didn't notice how long that lasts. I gotta wait till pay day

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Other than the third and fourth the Child's Play series to me at least has always been pretty decent. I recently rewatched the whole series.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Wait, you don't like Bride of Chucky? That should be illegal, frankly

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Almost Blue posted:

Yeah that’s my favorite one, although Curse comes close

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Almost Blue posted:

I liked it I just think those two are like the worst of the pretty decent sequels.

Burkion posted:

But our love!

You broke my heart when you stopped hanging out in Discord.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 4, 2018

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hollismason posted:

A Child's Play film without Mancini or Dourif is going to be loving garbage just like NOES without Englund.

Absolutely, don't gently caress with the Chuck.

But I'll be watching it anyways because I'm Totally Gay For Child's Play. And the remake doesn't take anything away from the Canon Series.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
In a surprise swerve the person after Chucky in the next movie is a descendant of Eddie Caputo from Child's Play 1 out for revenge.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is Mancini continuing the series because the last one kind of threw it all in and I wanna see a sequel.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Inhuman Resources on Amazon Prime is a fun office-themed Saw/slasher-movie mashup with makeup by Tom Savini and a really fun ending.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

But like, who the gently caress can you even get to replace Dourif? You'd have to find someone who can do crazy and funny at the drop of a dime, and who has a distinct way of speaking, for the casting to be effective in any way. Like, okay, maybe you announce that someone like Michael Keaton is playing Chucky, maybe then you perk my ears up. But someone of that caliber is going to be a huge loving longshot.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

christopher walken as Dad Of Chucky

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I've said it once and I'll loving run it into the ground until people listen, Bill Skarsgard would make the perfect Reboot Chucky. Even as the live-action pre-doll Chucky he'd pull off the charismatic-but-incredibly-creepy act. He's even a natural redhead, and he definitely has the manic helium voice down.

I mean come on, tell me you don't see Chucky in this face:

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 4, 2018

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I mean all these horror icons have to come from somewhere. Just gotta find the right unknown, talented weirdo out there.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bride > Seed > Childs Play 1 > Childs Play 2 > Cult> Curse > Childs Play 3

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Child's Play 1 > Seed > Childs Play 2 > Cult > Curse> Bride > Childs Play 3

Welcome to the ranking derail

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Bride > Curse > Cult > 2 > 1 > Seed > 3

They’re all good though

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Whichever one has the kid dive on the grenade > Cult > whatever

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

2 > 1 > Bride > Curse > Cult > Seed > Dollman vs Demonic Toys > 3

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Veronica really the spookiest movie in 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

i dunno maybe go watch it and tell us

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Did I not recommend Faust to you in the first place? I know I've pimped it before.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Tired Moritz posted:

Its the scariest movie since The Exorcist!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Before 1973 it was a lot harder to market horror films because you had to say they were the scariest film until the Exorcist and since it wasn't out yet no one knew how scary that was.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Childs Play 2 > Childs Play 1 > Bride > Cult > Curse > Seed > Child's Play 3

Child's Play 2 is really under appreciated. It makes Chucky his most plausibly scary and has such a good final act.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I think I agree with this one. Maybe I'd flip Seed and 2. I don't see how anyone can't put the first one first, it's the only one to have true creepy doll scares. In the other ones he's basically a goblin or something, you lose that uncanny weirdness.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jedit posted:

Did I not recommend Faust to you in the first place? I know I've pimped it before.

Unless we were friends before the SA forums existed then no. :tinfoil:

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Now movies are so scary, we are all ghosts.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

I think I agree with this one. Maybe I'd flip Seed and 2. I don't see how anyone can't put the first one first, it's the only one to have true creepy doll scares. In the other ones he's basically a goblin or something, you lose that uncanny weirdness.

Yeah, I love how effective the regular doll is with nothing more than a head turn or blink or just the timing of the pre-recorded phrases. The long stretch of the movie before he turns into the little foul-mouthed imp is really creepy, just knowing that inside this cute doll is a serial killer watching over this single-mother family.

Also I like the implication that Charles Lee Ray is just imitating the voice box perfectly, because he's able to refer to himself as "Chucky" in the first and then pretend to be "Tommy" in the second.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Adam Scott should play Chucky.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Chucky makes my blood boil. He is literally the worst thing ever to happen. In fact i cant even enjoy Seed of Chucky like Hollismason suggested because the fact that somebody putetated him in another movie is the antithesis of all things good and just in this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Dolls are one of man's most unholy creations, for sure.