Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh my godddddd Newspaper Moon Knight is everything I want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You'll have to wait for (5 months after) a moon knight film or tv show. So by 2024 on the outside.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Some Moon Knight fan who has questionable priorities ballot-stuffed an opinion poll where James Gunn asked which marvel character should be in the next Guardians, so we might actually get an MCU Moon Knight. Just one that's apparently from space. Which means we might get a Newspaper Moon Knight in about 4-6 years.

Like seriously I know Moon Knight's been to space once or twice when he was in the West Coast Avengers but I do not understand the point of getting a character like that in a movie like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

Some Moon Knight fan who has questionable priorities ballot-stuffed an opinion poll where James Gunn asked which marvel character should be in the next Guardians, so we might actually get an MCU Moon Knight. Just one that's apparently from space. Which means we might get a Newspaper Moon Knight in about 4-6 years.

Like seriously I know Moon Knight's been to space once or twice when he was in the West Coast Avengers but I do not understand the point of getting a character like that in a movie like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Rom: Moon Knight

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I knew it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samuringa posted:

And it is a very detailed beard too. Like he put extra effort into it out of spite.

It would be funny if he kept drawing the beard longer out of spite.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I mean both Iron Man and Kitty Pryde has been a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, so why not Moon Knight?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
X-men go to space all the time, and Iron Man builds mechsuits.

Moon Knight is a crazy man who throws moon-shaped knives at gangsters. He's about as street-level as they get.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
moon knight is all about using high tech weaponry and getting weird, so he'd probably fit pretty well in most versions of gotg.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Moon Knight is Batman if Batman got mystic powers from the spirits of his dead parents.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I read some of the Abnett GotG and, frankly, most of those dudes are pushovers. Like, you have Quasar and Adam Warlock as the heavy hitters and Drax for the cutting poo poo up, but everyone else was pretty low on the power level scale. Starlord is a normal human with guns, Rocket is an abnormal raccoon with guns, Mantis was mission control most of the time and knows CQC, Gamora was the Wolverine, as in she would get the brunt of the damage because she got regeneration powers, Groot was a twig. There was a blue Captain America that I think was one of the original GotG?

and Bug.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

graham cracker posted:

Moon Knight is Batman if Batman got mystic powers from the spirits of his dead parents.

...and actually was as crazy as the Joker.
Maybe...

EDIT: also Nic Cage for Moon Knight.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 2, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what the fucks happening

NSM isnt the dunkee, he's the dunker?!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He finally found someone dumber than him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this is beautiful

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

"I'll beat you up unless you take off your mask!"
"Okay, fine, let's not fight, I'll reveal my identity."
"... Never heard of you."

Honestly, Pete, what did you expect.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

He finally found someone dumber than him

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

He's so sad Spider-Man doesn't recognize him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NSM must be so loving happy he finally gets to look down on somebody :allears:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's not a tattoo, he draws that dragon on with marker before he goes out every night.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Bruceski posted:

It's not a tattoo, he draws that dragon on with marker before he goes out every night.

Cosplay is all about dedication.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Bruceski posted:

Please, he's a CEO whose photo has been in the Wall Street Journal.

He gets the mail room intern to draw that dragon on with marker, and is shocked that this fact doesn't make Spiderman recognize him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Endless Mike posted:

Oh my godddddd Newspaper Moon Knight is everything I want

It's an idea too beautiful for this world.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Crashed as a kid CEO? Returned recently and became CEO? This just raises more questions.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rich white privilege, you return to civilisation and immediately inherit your father's company. Maybe he used his fists (named Iron Fist) to smash the company debt, I don't know.

Danny is into kinky mask-offs.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

The MSJ posted:

Rich white privilege, you return to civilisation and immediately inherit your father's company. Maybe he used his fists (named Iron Fist) to smash the company debt, I don't know.

"Fine, I took my mask off, now what?"
"What you've never been to one of these before? We make out."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Synthbuttrange posted:

Crashed as a kid CEO? Returned recently and became CEO? This just raises more questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy4EIvvVj4

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The MSJ posted:

Danny Rand? More like Randy Dan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

joehonkie posted:

"Fine, I took my mask off, now what?"
"What you've never been to one of these before? We make out."

NSM: If it's not two cops, I have zero interest :colbert:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Next: Peter just webslings away.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter: Robbie, forget that FBI guy getting stabbed, I got proof that the CEO of a major multinational is a vigilante superhero!
Robbie: ...Peter, EVERY CEO of a major multinational is a vigilante superhero. What, did you think they were poor? What kind of loser would be a vigilante superhero AND poor?
Peter: ....:smith:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I absolutely adore that Danny is so God drat dumb as to think that Spidey would just follow suit and rip off his mask for the hell of it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, he probably will

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, he probably will

Never underestimate Peter's paranoia about his secret identity.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Its like the ultimate form of projection. He's so goddamn paranoid about his own identity being compromised that he demands to know what yours is.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tiggum posted:

I mean he has in like three of the previous four storylines

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

"Oh no! If I take off my mask he might start to suspect Peter Parker is Spider-Man!"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Johnny Walker posted:

"Oh no! If I take off my mask he might start to suspect Peter Parker is Spider-Man!"

"...you know you said that out loud right?"

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, it's not as if a billionaire like Danny Rand would even know who Peter Parker is. I'm picturing something along the lines of Lex in the Barry Allens body, complete with "I have no idea who this is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Iron Fist: Hey I know you... aren't you that loser who is somehow dating that supermodel/actress?
Peter: HEY! I'm the loser who is somehow MARRIED to that supermodel/actress! :mad: