Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dubplate Fire posted:

Is exult done? I heard the ai is kinda hosed, but I don’t really know about it.

It's fine. The AI was always hosed, but exult adds lots of qol improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Oscar Wild posted:

*looks in mirror*
No, I'm pretty sure it's me.

now THAT is an unpopular opinion

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

a bone to pick posted:

now THAT is an unpopular opinion

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

jimmyjams posted:

if you turn off the stupid loving "GO HERE!!!!!!!" arrow and the "win every fight with the wrench and infinite respawns" vitachambers bioshock goes from a boring piece of poo poo to a pretty good game imo

The arrows are pointless because you have one or two routes to choose from at any given time.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

a bone to pick posted:

Todd Howard is the sexiest guy in gaming

How do you mangle the spelling of "Hideki Kamiya" so badly

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
I started playing Resident Evil 7 and it's just so loving boring and bad. I only got to the part where you meet the Texas Chainsaw family and I've already committed history's most apathetic ragequit and uninstalled it. Maybe it would be better if you didn't move like a slug with cerebral palsy.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

CaptainSarcastic posted:

New Vegas was also a huge pain in the rear end if you have any completionist tendencies, which I do. The fact that the story branched so hard and whole option trees were cut off depending on the choices you made rendered it a game I think I played through twice, and couldn't be arsed to start yet another playthrough to try to get all the content I missed.

I know this is from pages back but "this game's choices actually mattered and I didn't like that," has to be some kind of champion-level unpopular video game opinion.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Baldur's Gate: You are a Baal spawn, you do what a Baal spawn has to do
Fallout: You are the Vault dweller selected to find the water chip, you do what a Vault dweller would do

etc

you picked two games where you could get a different ending for not doing what they told you to in the beginning. It wasn't a good ending. But, it was an ending

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

MachineryNoise posted:

I started playing Resident Evil 7 and it's just so loving boring and bad. I only got to the part where you meet the Texas Chainsaw family and I've already committed history's most apathetic ragequit and uninstalled it. Maybe it would be better if you didn't move like a slug with cerebral palsy.

Congrats, you quit before the game turns into a Resident Evil game

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Moving like a slug with cerebral palsy sounds pretty Resident Evil to me

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bholder posted:

Congrats, you quit before the game turns into a Resident Evil game

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

Todd Howard is the sexiest guy in gaming

If you brought a hot dog to life it would be Todd Howard.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Welcome to modern games development where the story, such as it is exists to be a hook to keep you going thru lame rear end lazy "iterative" gameplay year to year and every facet of play is carefully calculated to encourage paying for season passes and cosmetic unlocks along with minigames the brain can't distinguish from gambling lmao you're all suckers gaming is dead you should never pay a AAA developer your money unless maybe it's CD prokekt red but even then they treat employees like poo poo so you can't win. Piracy has become a moral act of defiance against an industry way more cynical and egotistical than Hollywood ever was coming to power in an age of historically weak labor movements ensuring every product is about bilking you for money on a product made with exploited labor running on hardware manufactured with slave-like workers in hellish plantation factories and the product deliberately exploits the biomechanics of your brain's reward systems exactly the same way a heroin dealer does. Nothing is innocent everything is evil you're all hosed and you'd better believe a bunch of retards would pay me 50 million to crowdsource the open world dystopian cyberpunk rpg based on your hosed up actually real reality brought to you in 4k vr masturbators designed to encourage passive population decline so that in 1000 years the offspring of me, elon musk Hitler jr can frolic in the Elysian fields of Manhattan thanks to my systematic annihilation of the world's populace through the expert manipulation of the pathetic human mind's unrepentant lust for sick video games and self driving suicidal sentient robot cars.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

basic hitler posted:

Welcome to modern games development where the story, such as it is exists to be a hook to keep you going thru lame rear end lazy "iterative" gameplay year to year and every facet of play is carefully calculated to encourage paying for season passes and cosmetic unlocks along with minigames the brain can't distinguish from gambling lmao you're all suckers gaming is dead you should never pay a AAA developer your money unless maybe it's CD prokekt red but even then they treat employees like poo poo so you can't win. Piracy has become a moral act of defiance against an industry way more cynical and egotistical than Hollywood ever was coming to power in an age of historically weak labor movements ensuring every product is about bilking you for money on a product made with exploited labor running on hardware manufactured with slave-like workers in hellish plantation factories and the product deliberately exploits the biomechanics of your brain's reward systems exactly the same way a heroin dealer does. Nothing is innocent everything is evil you're all hosed and you'd better believe a bunch of retards would pay me 50 million to crowdsource the open world dystopian cyberpunk rpg based on your hosed up actually real reality brought to you in 4k vr masturbators designed to encourage passive population decline so that in 1000 years the offspring of me, elon musk Hitler jr can frolic in the Elysian fields of Manhattan thanks to my systematic annihilation of the world's populace through the expert manipulation of the pathetic human mind's unrepentant lust for sick video games and self driving suicidal sentient robot cars.

sir this is a mcdonalds drive through

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jr bacon cheeseburger plz

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tbh I don't think systemic nonviolent elimination of useless gamers and turning Manhattan into elysium is a bad thing at all.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

There is only one good Mega Man game and it's Mega Man X.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

basic hitler posted:

what

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Video games is a eugenics program!!! Virginity and kd ratios for the masses

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Unpopular video game opinion: maybe GO OUTSIDE and gently caress to STICK IT to the ILLUMINATI

Do NOT play "DOTA"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It would actually be cool and good if world population went down to pre-20th century numbers and doing it via voluntary 4K VR gamblomasturbatoriums is extremely ethical and good.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Gamer goons- actually eugenics is cool and good

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

dota sucks, I play singleplayer games and die alone

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

IDONTPOST posted:

There is only one good Mega Man game and it's Mega Man X The Misadventures of Tron bonne.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

13Pandora13 posted:

I know this is from pages back but "this game's choices actually mattered and I didn't like that," has to be some kind of champion-level unpopular video game opinion.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Colonel Cancer posted:

It would actually be cool and good if world population went down to pre-20th century numbers and doing it via voluntary 4K VR gamblomasturbatoriums is extremely ethical and good.

I unironically agree with this.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

MachineryNoise posted:

Nice meltdown

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I only ever tried to play RE5 and it was pretty dull and I didn't get far. Apparently the clunky controls are part of the fun, but I think you need to have been broken as a child by playing the originals to appreciate that fact.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

IDONTPOST posted:

There is only one good Mega Man game and it's Mega Man X.

This might as well be a proper dril tweet and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. That AV really works.

I mean you aren't wrong, but still.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

basic hitler posted:

welcome to the republican party

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

piracy is good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

basic hitler posted:

Lol settle down there Che Retarda

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
story > gameplay

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

story > gameplay

Not just unpopular, but outright wrong

Buy a book if you want a story

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

steinrokkan posted:

story > gameplay

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Not just unpopular, but outright wrong

Buy a book if you want a story

gameplay is an integral part of the story ya dinguses

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
just make a button to skip the gameplay

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

olives black posted:

how

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

olives black posted:

This is how Sonic lore began

I bet there’s a Rocket League story wiki out there

But you are still wrong, gameplay > *

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

This is how Sonic lore began

A good case against gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

steinrokkan posted:

story > gameplay

LoL @ anyone who plays games for the janky puppet shows between levels