Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Steve Harvey's new show Funderdome gets leaked, no-one downloads it

Old, but good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

That's glorious.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

When she finally opened her eyes, she looked across the park and saw about half a dozen police officers standing over Sealy.

“I realized they’d been among us in the crowd all along,” she said.

I’d like to make the charitable assumption here, but...

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

In a venn diagram of people who watch Steve Harvey shows and people who know what Torrents are I"m pretty certain there is zero overlap.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Stork incurs hefty phone bill

quote:

A Polish charity has received an exorbitant phone bill after a white stork lost its tracker.
According to EcoLogic, as cited by Polish daily Super Express, somebody found the tracker in Sudan, took out a sim card and put it in their phone before making 20 hours worth of phone calls, worth in excess of PLN 10,000 (USD 2,700 USD, EUR 2,300 EUR) which environmental organisation EcoLogic Group will have to pay.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

What does, "lost it's tracker", mean?
Someone ate that stork, didn't they. Ate it and stole it's cell phone.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

madeintaipei posted:

What does, "lost it's tracker", mean?
It had a tracking device attached to it. The device fell off. :shrug:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lifehack: Make free phone calls by capturing a tracked animal and taking its simcard.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Citing Environmental Risk, Terror Group Al-Shabaab Bans Plastic Bags

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

These are all words I know, recognize, and understand. But when you put them together like that, it's still a very :psyduck: thing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

When you get trolled from the left by radical terrorist groups

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1013969990394040320

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Kinda rude not to offer bear a fresh margarita i.m.o.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Did Something Massive Smash into Uranus?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What I do in the privacy of my bedroom is not a suitable topic! :mad:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Thought this was an Onion article, but no, pjmedia does not look like a parody site, and it indeed seems a terror organisation actually gives more of a drat about the planet than the US government :psyboom: .

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Germansimp posted:

Thought this was an Onion article, but no, pjmedia does not look like a parody site, and it indeed seems a terror organisation actually gives more of a drat about the planet than the US government :psyboom: .

People are complex.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Germansimp posted:

it's almost like a group of 8,000 people can reduce the use of plastic easier than a nation of over 300 million people

in fact some cities in the usa have already banned plastic bags that are far more populous than that specific group

not that america's great at the environment but what a loving way to phrase that

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

What?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

it's almost like a group of 8,000 people can reduce the use of plastic easier than a nation of over 300 million people

in fact some cities in the usa have already banned plastic bags that are far more populous than that specific group

not that america's great at the environment but what a loving way to phrase that

Some cities in Texas tried to ban plastic bags but the state government got offended by the liberals and made it illegal to do that :laffo:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did liberals ever try to pass a law demanding that everyone must inhale and exhale air just to see conservatives get themselves unconscious?

Because that might actually work.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

An Ohio Teen's Dying Wish to Taser a Police Officer Was Granted

She was too good for this rotten world.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

A) There's no video? What the hell?
B) I really want to know if she got to pet that miniature pig.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

B) I really want to know if she got to pet that miniature pig.

That cop looked a bit large, actually.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

quote:

This allowed them to model how a giant impactor would have deposited “material and energy inside Uranus” and how much debris would be left over.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

You know they were giggling like an idiot when their editor let that last line through.

quote:

Uranus is truly a mystery. Will humans finally take up the task to explore it?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Exploration? Uranus ain't made for that!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/thetakeout/status/1014204895619158016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Worst part is, I know exactly who that guy is and why he's in the news.

He put his public transport pass in his hand so the company stopped the pass ruling something about altering the pass making it void. He won the court case about it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dishonorable Disco
Dec 22, 2009

the sun always shines on TV

Is there an actual place called "Freak Creek" or is that some kind of quirky Floridian idiom?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dishonorable Disco posted:

Is there an actual place called "Freak Creek" or is that some kind of quirky Floridian idiom?

It's in the Ocala National Forest. Apparently a cop actually did arrive and killed the gator with his AR-15.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why is the background graphic a Planet Fitness

Edit: nm it’s a screen in front of some workout machine there I somehow missed that

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The primordial Greek god of agriculture deserves more respect than he gets

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Uranus is a sky god isn't he, Demeter is goddess of agriculture.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fathis Munk posted:

Uranus is a sky god isn't he, Demeter is goddess of agriculture.

Uranus seems to be quite a bit older than Demeter, and as the son and husband of Gaia, likely had some agriculture attributes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/magicmagid/status/1014494400532148225?s=21

Yes, that is an actual declaration by the actual, currently-serving Lord Mayor of Sheffield. Wikipedia page for evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The primordial Greek god of agriculture deserves more respect than he gets

The really weird thing? Uranus is the Latinized Greek name of the god. The Roman equivalent was Caelus, and the original Greek was Οὐρανός, pronounced like "oorah-nose".