Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yes but have you ever seen Stop! or my Mom will Shoot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium posted:

no

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

trick question no one has

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i've seen of it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Phantasium posted:

I was going to say yes.

But then I realized I was thinking about So I Married an Ax Murderer

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But then I realized I was thinking about So I Married an Ax Murderer
Good movie.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

i've seen of it

i've watched the intro where the little animated granny brings the title across the screen before shooting it as if it were the intro to a bob ross show, and then quietly shelved it and have forever wondered why the hell my dad had a vhs of it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

mutata posted:

The thing about going into consumer debt for a thing is that debt continues to build and build and it can VERY quickly double, triple, etc in size. In fact, it's designed that way. It's specifically formulated to make it as easy as possible for you to wake up one day and suddenly owe many times more than what you initially spent. You doing nothing but living your life normally and waiting will result in you owing a ton more money.

Or you save up the cash ahead of time, pay the asking price outright, and then you're done.

v:shobon:v

I'm not going to argue for going into extreme debt but I'll pose a different situation. 5 years ago I totaled my car. It was 23 years old, had served me well, and could have been repaired 10 years earlier but the parts to fix it were so hard to find that it was going to cost more than I paid for the car to repair it. I need a car unfortunately because of work and the city I live in having crappy public transportation. So I have a decent job but only a few thousand dollars saved up. At this point, I could buy a used car outright with the money I had saved that wasn't going to last nearly as long as my old car (they literally don't make them like they used to... it was a Honda era 1990 Acura Legend) or I could put a down payment on a new Civic or Fit and pay it off in <3 years, having paid ~1-2k in interest to borrow that money to buy the car. I borrowed the money and bought the car. Granted, my partner and I have steady employment. I still maintain it was the right decision as this car, as newish Hondas tend to, hasn't had a single problem in the 5+ years since I bought it.

My opinion is that it's OK to go into debt as long as you calculate the risk and the need is justified. Applying this to the Lasik problem, I'd say it's probably something that can wait until FAK and KCB are in a more stable situation.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Phantasium posted:

i've watched the intro where the little animated granny brings the title across the screen before shooting it as if it were the intro to a bob ross show, and then quietly shelved it and have forever wondered why the hell my dad had a vhs of it.

I thought this movie was just a weird boring dream I had as a kid.

There's a title drop during the climax that is even worse than you might imagine.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m due for a Dark Souls 3 playthrough. Need build suggestions, goofy is good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Use the shield with the cute spider on it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Manageable debt is a good thing. It's how you build credit.

This has been my life lessons. Tune in next week to discover which bricks you should punch to earn gold coins (the yellow ones).

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am no expert on Lasik, but it's a temporary thing and can have crazy side effects as far as I know. Vision getting worse, dry eyes, pain etc. So aside from the debt it may be smarter to work on the self esteem issue without risking your sight...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/jordan_alexis05/status/1013779606401441793

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Just find a weapon and buff its stat, ds3 is too bland for fun builds

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

Manageable debt is a good thing. It's how you build credit.

This has been my life lessons. Tune in next week to discover which bricks you should punch to earn gold coins (the yellow ones).

this sounds like an old people scam, like insurance

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The dang Nancy thread got goldmined so I’m putting this here.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

univbee posted:

If she's that bent about glasses and her appearance she probably needs therapy and medication, in all honesty.

i agree with this, they're just stupid pieces of plastic you plop on your face they come in all shapes and sizes. slippery slope, first its 4k on eye surgery then 10k on new tits, man it just won't end after this.

Hopper posted:

I am no expert on Lasik, but it's a temporary thing and can have crazy side effects as far as I know. Vision getting worse, dry eyes, pain etc. So aside from the debt it may be smarter to work on the self esteem issue without risking your sight...

the way my eye doc explained to me was that your eyes will continue to get worse, so you shouldn't do eye surgery until your prescription stops changing very quickly. They recommended it because it had been like 5 years since I went in and my prescription barely changed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Just find a weapon and buff its stat, ds3 is too bland for fun builds

I disagree.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dewgy posted:

The dang Nancy thread got goldmined so I’m putting this here.

:whatfor:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the way my eye doc explained to me was that your eyes will continue to get worse, so you shouldn't do eye surgery until your prescription stops changing very quickly. They recommended it because it had been like 5 years since I went in and my prescription barely changed.

I have a friend who got it around 40 for the same reason and it’s been years and his eyes are still great. However, it was partially covered by insurance and his prescription hadn’t changed in a decade, so obviously ymmv

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bloodychill posted:

I have a friend who got it around 40 for the same reason and it’s been years and his eyes are still great. However, it was partially covered by insurance and his prescription hadn’t changed in a decade, so obviously ymmv

apparently if you get it after 40, the degeneration is way less than the earlier you get it from that age, and is statistically lower in men. but you can still go in for a correction in the future anyway.

some day i will get lasik surgery and the side-effects be damned, no starburst or glare could be more than what my decade-old lenses give me right now

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 4, 2018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

pro tip eat a bunch of weed cookies before you get on that plane and you won't give half a gently caress

digestion is your natural THC time-release. if you time it right the plane will be taking off as it hits, and if you eat just the right amount, you'll be straight enough to go through customs without acting like a stoner by the time you land!

but if you eat too much, your eyes will be bloodshot as hell when customs takes your photo for entry...

This seems real risky! Especially if you aren’t white

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

This seems real risky! Especially if you aren’t white

it's always worked fine for me, of course, and i'm so unwhite that i would get pulled over by tsa every single time i flew pretty much up until like 2013

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Do most Amazon basics stuff go on sale during prime days? I really wanna snag that generic Xbox one controller for my pc.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

it's always worked fine for me, of course, and i'm so unwhite that i would get pulled over by tsa every single time i flew pretty much up until like 2013

Post/name combo is perfect.

TSA has also given me a lot of grief as well.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a thread for Six Ages I can't find? I was able to borrow an old iPhone to play it

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there a thread for Six Ages I can't find? I was able to borrow an old iPhone to play it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859663

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1013937182522986496

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, what's shakin in here

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody, what's shakin in here

Woah you changed your joseph avatar

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jay Rust posted:

Wooden
Mallet
Run

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Woah you changed your joseph avatar

Yeah, 4 or so months ago I said sexualizing minors in cartoons is a bad thing so someone got mad and bought a red text accusing me of abusing my fiancee. Then someone else bought me this pink text that makes about as much sense as what the original red text said.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I'm not sure where to post this... have people already talked about all the free games Amazon Prime members get this month?

- Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
- Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
- The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
- Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
- Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
- Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
- Manual Samuel: July 5-12
- Gonner: July 6-13
- Next Up Hero: July 7-14
- Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
- Hue: July 9-15
- Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
- Observer: July 11-17
- Tacoma: July 12-18
- The Bridge: July 13-26
- Brutal Legend: July 14-27
- The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
- Tyranny: July 16-18
- Broken Age: July 17-31
- The Framed Collection: July 18-31
- Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
at least people will get tacoma and observer to help them recover from a deponia game

seriously though why's deponia doomsday even on there that game was made entirely for the context of people angry at the ending to the already lovely previous game

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 4, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

As much as moving sucks, going from an hour+ commute to a 10 minute commute is a massive quality of life increase

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Grey posted:

I'm not sure where to post this... have people already talked about all the free games Amazon Prime members get this month?

- Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
- Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
- The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
- Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
- Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
- Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
- Manual Samuel: July 5-12
- Gonner: July 6-13
- Next Up Hero: July 7-14
- Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
- Hue: July 9-15
- Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
- Observer: July 11-17
- Tacoma: July 12-18
- The Bridge: July 13-26
- Brutal Legend: July 14-27
- The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
- Tyranny: July 16-18
- Broken Age: July 17-31
- The Framed Collection: July 18-31
- Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

How does one claim these?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

start a new game of oxygen not included, build a bathroom and dig into a water reservoir, my dude immediately pisses into the water reservoir and not into the toilet. the water reservoir is now yellow. I delete that save game permanently, the ultimate punishment for his crimes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

How does one claim these?
you go to the twitch website and click on the crown at the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

you go to the twitch website and click on the crown at the top