Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5nFNjEZZM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMPuE0qBqGI

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

BUG JUG posted:

tough questions itt before england go out 1(3)-1(4)

lol

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
England winning on pens can mean only one thing: It's coming home

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Harry Kane's shite in an England shirt.
Vanishes completely in open play, scores penners and acts like Pele.

It's a good thing it's coming home 'cos Kane's the most over-rated player on the team.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

but it's coming home
so gently caress it

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Lads it’s an amazing feeling to walk around with that flag on your chest and know that you can go toe to toe with any man from anywhere because you’re made of the same stuff as Kane and Trippier and Pickford and all of those other brave boys. Back to reality and preparation for Sweden tomorrow. What a day.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It's coming home

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Harry Kane's shite in an England shirt.
Vanishes completely in open play, scores penners and acts like Pele.

It's a good thing it's coming home 'cos Kane's the most over-rated player on the team.

Nah he's actually very good op

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I don't think Sterling is a proper striker?
England need a number 10 to link up with Kane, like a Beardsley or Heskey.
Rashfork and Vardy are strikers, not sure how well they link.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

It's coming home

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/1014256117088694273

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I had the weirdest dream last night, England won a penalty shootout.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/RalfLittle/status/1014282719516418048

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JPickford1/status/246379193464655872

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
truly a latchkey child of chicken dippers and the blue

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

sebzilla posted:

I had the weirdest dream last night, England won a penalty shootout.

It wasn't a dream. England have won a world cup penalty shootout. Jordan Pickford saved a penalty. Kane, Trippier, Dier (England's Spurs DNA) and Rashford scored penalties. Henderson was brave enough to take one but Ospina was able to save it. Uribe hit the bar.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Henderson might as well have walked up to Ospina and told him where he was going to put it lol

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/JesseLingard/status/1014264872425721857

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

de curry GOAT posted:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Sterling underhangs his toilet roll

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Posting Daily Mail/The Sun should be a probation imo

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Well its the morning and

I STILL BELIEVE!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FiftySeven posted:

Well its the morning and

I STILL BELIEVE!

WE STILL BELIEVE

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm loving just how many of the pundits/commentators lost it or obviously lost it off mic because their voices are hosed lol

I watched MOTD to see the pens properly without the tension/my fingers in the way, Danny Murphy's mic clatters when Dier's goes in

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1014410628633513984
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1014380875583086592
https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/1014384560967168000

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

It wasn't a dream. England have won a world cup penalty shootout. Jordan Pickford saved a penalty. Kane, Trippier, Dier (England's Spurs DNA) and Rashford scored penalties. Henderson was brave enough to take one but Ospina was able to save it. Uribe hit the bar.

What a time to be alive

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

https://twitter.com/FPL_Partridge/status/1014281208157614081

:britain:

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 4, 2018

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wrighty's initial "wait what?" face when they start celebrating makes this

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not crying you're crying

Jokes, bantz etc aside...what if? What if we're actually watching it happen?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ninpo posted:

I'm not crying you're crying

Jokes, bantz etc aside...what if? What if we're actually watching it happen?

I want to believe OP, I really want to believe.

Also since I live in Scotland I think I could set this country back 100 years with the amount of :smug: I could produce if it, indeed, did happen.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Serious post, I love that we won a penalty shoot-out but I thought England were absolutely shite last night until then and worryingly a lot of it was the result of really bad game management. Substitutions came too slowly and were odd when they did, obvious tactical changes weren't made until the second half of extra time. It was a hair's breadth from being one of the most same-old-England defeats ever.

I'm really surprised by the amount of positivity from the pundits this morning. I guess a World Cup win is a win and who cares how it came. The margins are tiny and maybe I'm being unfair.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

peanut- posted:

Serious post, I love that we won a penalty shoot-out but I thought England were absolutely shite last night until then and worryingly a lot of it was the result of really bad game management. Substitutions came too slowly and were odd when they did, obvious tactical changes weren't made until the second half of extra time. It was a hair's breadth from being one of the most same-old-England defeats ever.

I'm really surprised by the amount of positivity from the pundits this morning. I guess a World Cup win is a win and who cares how it came. The margins are tiny and maybe I'm being unfair.

I think the positivity came from the fact that every other England team has bottled it before in that exact situation, so the fact that they came through that has given them a bit of hope.

I agree that they played like rear end and some of the subs were a bit odd, my biggest issue with this team at the moment is the lack of ability to seem to score from open play.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Greece shithoused their way to a euros which gives a gently caress if we win

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peanut- posted:

It's because England teams of yore, including the "Golden Generation" of supposedly much better players would absolutely have bottled that and not got through, with a good headline maker/scapegoat of one of the players rising to all the bullshit Colombia were pulling and getting sent off.

One of the pundits said, and I agree, the way it went was probably far far better for the players going into the next round than scraping the 1-0 would have been.

You don't have to look too far back to know plenty of tournament squads in the past would have struggled with that Tunisia game and, if they'd made it out of the group, probably would have wilted last night.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I think it's good to note that England actually managed to piss off a south american team and cause them to :qq: for at least 80 minutes, instead of the other way around

West007
Apr 21, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

I think the positivity came from the fact that every other England team has bottled it before in that exact situation, so the fact that they came through that has given them a bit of hope.

I agree that they played like rear end and some of the subs were a bit odd, my biggest issue with this team at the moment is the lack of ability to seem to score from open play.

Sterlings biggest enemy is the ball, how he is starting is beyond me. Also after Kane dropped deeper they didnt do anything going forward.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

peanut- posted:

Agree. England should be able to play much better than they did last night, but it was just horrible. Why was their attack so poo poo? How come the midfield got completely overrun at the end?

England were lucky that Colombia was even more poo poo, neither team deserved a place in the quarter final.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I think it's good to note that England actually managed to piss off a south american team and cause them to :qq: for at least 80 minutes, instead of the other way around

Absolutely the best bit about the whole performance was that England managed to go oval office for oval office with a South American team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i hope that loving oval office who scuffed up the penalty spot is grinding his foot into first class mink rugs on the plane back home too

• Locked thread