Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Staltran posted:

Are there any good civics overhaul mods? I checked out the More Civics in Ethics and Civics Rebuild but it seemed really unbalanced. It actually buffs mining guilds, bizarrely enough. And coupled with the new ethics and another civic you can get +33% minerals at start which just seems bonkers. And while there seemed to be some other strong civics too, at least early game they seemed to pale in comparison. Late game the one that has -30% ship upkeep would be completely insane, of course, but you can just swap to it when the time comes.

Look, if the first thing your civilization does upon resolving to conquer the stars isn't strip-mining every infinitesimally valuable deposit to build a fleet of warships and colonizing arks, I don't even know what you hope to accomplish.

Fanatic Materialist/Militarist says what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

DNK posted:

In RP terms isn’t end of the cycle a horrible end for your galaxy?

Yes, but:

1 - I've never seen it
2 - From a RP perspective it makes sense for my version of humans to bring about the total destruction. Because The Worm loves us and we love The Worm.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Crisis stuff spoilered because I guess it's spoilers?

The Prethoryn are fleeing an unseen force called The Hunters, something that has chased them across countless galaxies such that all they can do is eat, reproduce, and then flee again (which could just be trying to stop them from doing that rather than actually being bad). The Unbidden are the universe's immune system coming to stop you loving it up by ripping all those drat holes in it with jump drives and poo poo. The class-30 singularity event is seemingly some Mass Effect thing where someone decided long ago that if AIs became too good they would destroy the universe, so all civilizations that grow in tech high enough to produce them must be destroyed if any are detected. The Contingency seems to be a bit overzealous about it, though.

The End of the Cycle references the Shroud noting that all existence, all universes, are a cycle of birth and suffering and conflict and then death.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

So I'm playing as a rogue servitor, and I've been capturing primitive planets to make them my bio-trophies. Question is: if I leave space open on their planet will they reproduce and make more?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Okay, I am so tired of not having seen the worm yet. What’s the trick again? Having a science ship jumping back and forth between two black hole systems? These have to be unexplored, I presume?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Tarquinn posted:

Okay, I am so tired of not having seen the worm yet. What’s the trick again? Having a science ship jumping back and forth between two black hole systems? These have to be unexplored, I presume?

Just have a science ship constantly enter a black hole system, yeah. It can be explored, and it's faster to just jump between the black hole system and an adjacent system than shuffling between two different black holes (unless they're also adjacent). Shift-queue a ton of move orders and then ignore it for a while.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Thanks! :tipshat:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Lou Takki posted:

So I'm playing as a rogue servitor, and I've been capturing primitive planets to make them my bio-trophies. Question is: if I leave space open on their planet will they reproduce and make more?

They should, bio-trophies' reproductive rights are governed the same as any other species.

Unfortunately bio-trophy population controls are turned on by default and the AI has no idea about the bio-trophy percent bonii, so a Rogue Servitor with fifty worlds will still have like four bio-trophies ever. Personally, I'd love some kind of mechanism for manually building pop-controlled pops.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Is there a way to put your thumb on the scales for the robot uprising events and get anything other than determined exterminators? I'd love to swap to assimilators after building an empire set to tragically fall.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

mods???

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
it doesn't even make any loving sense as latin and you're speaking english anyway. gently caress

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
What - like you've never spoken Spanglish before? And just replaced a single word in the entire conversation with Spanish?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Ugh it's pronounced bonsai

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bonads.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Phobeste posted:

it doesn't even make any loving sense as latin and you're speaking english anyway. gently caress

boniii

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
goodstuffs

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

isndl posted:

Just have a science ship constantly enter a black hole system, yeah. It can be explored, and it's faster to just jump between the black hole system and an adjacent system than shuffling between two different black holes (unless they're also adjacent). Shift-queue a ton of move orders and then ignore it for a while.

I'm pretty sure they changed the trigger so you can't just reenter the same black hole system, that's why you have to bounce between two now.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

popewiles posted:

I'm pretty sure they changed the trigger so you can't just reenter the same black hole system, that's why you have to bounce between two now.

Last I checked (2.0) it was a part of the normal enter system on action event, so it could happen just by going back and forth.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

popewiles posted:

Nope. I triggered it earlier today by re-entering the same black hole system from a regular system.

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010
Is it just me or is the beta 2.1.2 patch super bugged? My game crashes about a month after I load my latest save game when the Khan dies, and I get like 10 new contact events every time I meet a new empire. I appreciate the bugs they did fix, though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Penultimatum posted:

Is it just me or is the beta 2.1.2 patch super bugged? My game crashes about a month after I load my latest save game when the Khan dies, and I get like 10 new contact events every time I meet a new empire. I appreciate the bugs they did fix, though.

I've had no issues at all with it, and I actually miss the 2.1.0 popup spam because of the practically unlimited influence it gave you. Are you sure you're on the 2.1.2 beta, and not on the 2.1.0 option?

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010

binge crotching posted:

I've had no issues at all with it, and I actually miss the 2.1.0 popup spam because of the practically unlimited influence it gave you. Are you sure you're on the 2.1.2 beta, and not on the 2.1.0 option?

Yeah, I'm sure. Some people on the Paradox forums say the patch introduced scripting bugs, so it might be related to that. I'm also on a mac so it could platform-specific.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Penultimatum posted:

I had the exact same bug, and went back to the stable version with no problems. Worth posting your game on their forum if you still have it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
If you have a caste system or same-species slaves is there a way to apply different living standards to different sub pops?

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
You should just be able to click on the sub species and apply it? Unless you mean sub pops within the same speicii, like a human on a mine vs a human in a lab, then no.

Also the poor khan in my game appeared in the marauders completely surrounded by the Northern Coalition, the largest federation in the galaxy, and died twice trying to break out. Then his successor state immediately joined them. I guess what they say is true.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Am I allowed to take slaves as a machine race? I want to do a run as an evil super computer that treats enslaved living species like they do robots. Is that possible?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Am I allowed to take slaves as a machine race? I want to do a run as an evil super computer that treats enslaved living species like they do robots. Is that possible?

That's what Determined Assimilator does, more or less. Just give your cyborg pops bad species rights.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

You know, I wouldn't mind a dlc that adds a whole bunch of events like The Worm that Waits. That was pretty good.

RIP Sol

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Ornamented Death posted:

You know, I wouldn't mind a dlc that adds a whole bunch of events like The Worm that Waits. That was pretty good.

RIP Sol

It's still there, it's just fun size

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Mr. Fix It posted:

It's still there, it's just fun size

On the "bright" side, I can now colonize Mercury and Venus!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Ornamented Death posted:

RIP Sol

If they keep putting out things like Distant Stars, I'll keep buying them.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Ornamented Death posted:

RIP Sol

Odd timing, I just shut off Stellaris for the evening after completing Worm that Waits /w humanity.

I love the Worm, and the Worm loves me.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Conskill posted:

I love the Worm, and the Worm loves me.

There are mathematical proofs that it loves us!

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Or the Worm-In-Waiting

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mathematically provable love is the best kind!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Steam sale is almost over and I'm looking at either this or endless space 2. Help me goons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

buy this

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

S.J. posted:

Steam sale is almost over and I'm looking at either this or endless space 2. Help me goons.

No contest, get Stellaris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Wait no you were supposed to recommend the cheaper option. drat