Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

George posted:

Get the darkshrines.

This one. A lot of darkshrine effects make things much easier on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

They really need to get that guy who did the narration in Darkest Dungeon to do the same for PoE, goddamn.

The Caretaker and Izaro get in a shouting match.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Gorelab posted:

Any tips for going into Uberlab the first time? I just got creamed by Argus pretty quickly so I almost certainly need more health but would like to know more about what I can do to increase my odds.

Get more life. And like others said, get the darkshrines and kill/disable Izaro's mechanis to make the second and final fight easier.

Or get a carry and come back later

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
After leveling my second character, I can say with confidence that the best advice for overcoming any difficult boss fight is More Skeletons.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Every time I die on my Slayer I just tell myself I'm not leeching hard enough :black101:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

can i get an invite on baramarc?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Pulled it off deathless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibswKvllrJU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Are you only using AoF to convert?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

LL ele traps, eh? Can you post a character link? How expensive is the stuff beyond the basics of ele traps?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats ci not ll

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What's the best movement option for an arc trap build when I eventually have to switch over to using a wand and can't shield charge anymore?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

What's the best movement option for an arc trap build when I eventually have to switch over to using a wand and can't shield charge anymore?

lightning warp

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Lightning Warp w/ Less Duration, Faster Casting and Swift Affliction.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Awesome! posted:

thats ci not ll

So it is, I read 17 not 1/1

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Could just stick to maces unless you are chasing a shimmeron. Some of the maces can have sick rolls on them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you dont really have to ever switch to a shimmeron if you dont want to. maybe for uber elder, i dont know, i havent tried it with my lovely self-found dagger yet. it was uber atziri viable though.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
4-link Lightning Warp feels really good, I wish I could find room for it on more builds.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
*sees unique Diviner's Strongbox*

*gets excited*

:v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
^^^ :rip:

Attorney at Funk posted:

4-link Lightning Warp feels really good, I wish I could find room for it on more builds.

Put it in a Consuming Loop setup :v:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

whypick1 posted:

^^^ :rip:

Put it in a Consuming Loop setup :v:

Hungry Loop? Well, what do you put in for the fourth support? Reduced Mana?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Hungry Loop? Well, what do you put in for the fourth support? Reduced Mana?

Culling Strike's always a nice random extra support when you have a spare slot.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Is there a support that will stop it dealing damage so you don't get hit with the shimmeron degen if you misclick and hit a monster?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Unfortunately no, that's just the price you pay for it. Imagine how bad it would be if you had to deal with that degen all the time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i guess you could use controlled destruction to reduce the crit chance

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lightning resist mitigates shimmeron DoT damage I take it?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, talk about weird luck, lol

I'd never even seen one of these before today, and here I find two within a couple of hours.

6 Lich, 2 Hoarder, 1 Avenger

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I got one of those once...7 cards, stack size 1 :smug:

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

whypick1 posted:

I got one of those once...7 cards, stack size 1 :smug:

that's only the void and chaotic disposition right?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Craig K posted:

that's only the void and chaotic disposition right?

The 10x Chisels is 1 card

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Awesome! posted:

you dont really have to ever switch to a shimmeron if you dont want to. maybe for uber elder, i dont know, i havent tried it with my lovely self-found dagger yet. it was uber atziri viable though.

Yeah I didn't bother with shimmerons either since you can get 90% trap damage sceptres with other good rolls on them for cheap this league

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Attorney at Funk posted:

I guess? But then you don't even get to fit in arcane surge like you would if you were using flame dash.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah I didn't bother with shimmerons either since you can get 90% trap damage sceptres with other good rolls on them for cheap this league

making a +3 elemental bow is also a very real option so you can slap on a kaoms and go blood magic with the malachai helmet

quivers with high crit/multi/life are stupid cheap since you don't need arrows on them and the +3 bow is a guaranteed result with essence/catarina crafting

I did it for fire trap and could crack 7-7.5k hp in decent gear. this on top of blind/enfeeble/phase acro is pretty beefy

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tai posted:

Could just stick to maces unless you are chasing a shimmeron. Some of the maces can have sick rolls on them.

I mean, I'm using a Brightbeak right now to level with and feel like anything slower than that on Shield Charge is just gonna feel gross and bad after getting so used to it. By the time I'm no longer able to instagib entire screens of dudes I'll probably be ready to make the switch to real gear anyway so it'll be like a fresh start.

But yeah thanks for the tips dudes, Lightning Warp it is.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Brightbeak and shield mainhand, dual shimmeron offhand.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

pork never goes bad posted:

Brightbeak and shield mainhand, dual shimmeron offhand.

Exactly what my buddy is running. Seems to work well for him.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnHF5RO_-ek

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Now have them fight 3v1 against The Depraved Trinity

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And the loser(s) get removed from the game because fighting them like 4 times is a bit too much.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

I mean, I'm using a Brightbeak right now to level with and feel like anything slower than that on Shield Charge is just gonna feel gross and bad after getting so used to it. By the time I'm no longer able to instagib entire screens of dudes I'll probably be ready to make the switch to real gear anyway so it'll be like a fresh start.

But yeah thanks for the tips dudes, Lightning Warp it is.

Arc will insta gib red maps just fine with a Brightbeak. It will gib most bosses too. Just have an offhand damage switch for harder bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
So, not having the regen of my RF jugg or MoM trickster, I'm dying to lab traps with my PP VD. It has 8k life but no regen to speak of. How do I make the lab traps less rippy?