Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Dr disrespect is the internet’s dumbest fake tough guy.

It’s a really embarrassing gimmick, and I’m embarrassed for the thousands who unironically enjoy watching him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Eh. He's fun to watch. I watch all those guys, and I have no idea why. It's one of those weird new medium things. Yeah, he had an affair and apologized for it on his stream and took a few months off to patch things up and he's been back streaming again. Sometimes his daughter will come yank his fake hair. These guys all make $200-500k a month just from subs, then the tournament money, sponsored streams, sponsors on top of that. They all donate quite a bit of money to charities, swarm other peoples streams that are trying to raise money for medical treatments, etc. I dunno, it's kind of a weird thing that's happening and I am just kind of puzzled by it all. Watching a 5 person team PUBG tournament is as exciting as an NBA playoff game for me. (I really like basketball) - It's not like watching CSGO tournaments, or LoL or anything else. It's a whole new animal that is just legit entertaining to watch. DrDis, Shroud, Ninja, Tim, Chocotaco and a few others. I just cycle through them all.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 3, 2018

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
He's entertaining in short bursts, I can't imagine watching in regularly. The production quality on his stream is pretty impressive. For example, this dancing is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQvYe7GKo8&t=99s

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Doc is an elite, high level gaming athlete who's only half way up and already on top. Come come come

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
He reminds me that Austin Powers used to be popular

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He fits well with the 2018 loud=good hellscape

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I am a time-traveler and only got marooned in this era has a practical joke.

Some of you looks like cool guys, pay a last visit to Tomato Town before gets eaten.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That was my first impression as well, but he isn't. I think it may have started that way, but currently he just yells once a stream and then is just a chill dude who is way too overly nice to the people he's playing with / against. His shtick now is kind of a 80s vibe thing like Turbo Kid meets Kavinsky or something? It's.. different.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 3, 2018

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Philthy posted:

That was my first impression as well, but he isn't. I think it may have started that way, but currently he just yells once a stream and then is just a chill dude who is way too overly nice to the people he's playing with / against. His shtick now is kind of a 80s vibe thing like Turbo Kid meets Kavinsky or something? It's.. different.

If he’s not a loud tool saying cringey poo poo the whole stream, then he’s certainly changed a lot since I last watched.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I liked him better pre-affair and pre-sponsorships when his ranting seemed more improvised, and his Gillette/Old Spice plugs were just random bits for comedy. The whole character/premise kinda jumped the shark when he actually got sponsorships from those companies, and even moreso when his IRL mistakes bled into his stream.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The comedy these days seems to be streamers teaming up duo / trio / quad and playing off each other rather than just going it alone and hoping for the best.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Philthy posted:

The comedy these days seems to be streamers teaming up duo / trio / quad and playing off each other rather than just going it alone and hoping for the best.

They're just getting sniped to smithereens.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

im trying real hard to resist this fireworks team leader skin and all the emotes just a week before the new battle pass. not to mention that lady omega and lady carbide skins still due to come. 🤐

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cant wait to try out playground tonight (it came to Switch, right?)

Fortcraft

Minenite

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

AAB posted:

im trying real hard to resist this fireworks team leader skin and all the emotes just a week before the new battle pass. not to mention that lady omega and lady carbide skins still due to come. 🤐

I was having the same debate about the black trenchcoat detective. Spending the equivalent of $15 in hard earned v bucks on a skin... I swore I'd never shell out that kind of money, but here we are. At least now I look mysterious while sucking at this game, so it's cool.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I was on the fence about black trenchcoat guy but now that I have him I'm in love. His style looks so drat good moving around in the game. I played a round of pistols only with revolver / deagle / dualies and felt like the smoothest operator.

That said, I'm playing as time-warp tomatinator (visitor-cape tomato head) in tribute to the big Mr. Head.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
They came for the tomoatoe head, and I said nothing....

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Got a good laugh in my party chat...

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Has anyone here encountered and successfully solved the problem with Push-to-Talk not working on PC? I feel like playing in squads in BR and not being able to talk forever is the circle of Hell reserved for gamers

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well, I'm not going to progress my battlepass far enough to get all the cool poo poo this season, but I did get to level 60 and got the 1000 funbux so I don't have to pay realbux to get some of the cool poo poo next season. Probably not going to play much this next week or so.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Probably not going to play much this next week or so.

I said the same for myself a few days ago but I keep regularly popping back in to check out how hosed the portal is becoming

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'm never going to get this sniper kill challenge.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Hunting rifle kills also count.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

50v50

You should find many opportunities within a game or two to snipe enemies standing still on structures.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
They may have changed it but if you down someone with a gun and pull out the snipe to finish them off it counts. Otherwise just play solos, land on the outskirts, farm up a snipe, play patient and take advantage of someone taking potshots at someone else. I usually carry a snipe for easy kills like this and get at least 1 every couple matches.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've played like 20 matches and only seen a non hunting rifle sniper once. Actually very nearly killed the #2 player with it, but I'm bad at reloading it and had to finish him off with a smg.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Squiggles Unite posted:

They may have changed it but if you down someone with a gun and pull out the snipe to finish them off it counts. Otherwise just play solos, land on the outskirts, farm up a snipe, play patient and take advantage of someone taking potshots at someone else. I usually carry a snipe for easy kills like this and get at least 1 every couple matches.

That's how I got the trap kill, knock someone down in duos, box them in, put the trap right under them :clint:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I've played like 20 matches and only seen a non hunting rifle sniper once. Actually very nearly killed the #2 player with it, but I'm bad at reloading it and had to finish him off with a smg.

50 vs 50 ... piles and piles of weapons as people all die.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Squiggles Unite posted:

This still works. But they also changed it so the weapon used to knock someone down also counts if they end up dying. So sniper rifles are actually viable in 50v50 with that change. Before they weren't really... cause you had to have a shot at the guy you knocked down to get the point...

Also if you're having trouble finding one, get a supply crate or 2. Almost always have some form of sniper rifle, grenade/rocket launcher, or minigun.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
If you don't get a sniper in your starting area (there's almost always one in the medium sized towns like salty, retail, pleasant), you should be able to find one really quickly by killing someone leaving another mid-sized town in the mid-game. Also each gun has different sound effects, so if you hear a sniper crack in the distance you can spin around to find the direction of the shot then go off to find them.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

goferchan posted:

That's how I got the trap kill, knock someone down in duos, box them in, put the trap right under them :clint:

I did the unethical: solo queue with a buddy and did a trap kill. I've also sometimes recognized when someone is trying to get an explosion kill and just let them have it. I'm ruining this game.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So what was the deal with the rocket event and the explosions on the map. I was expecting them to roll out a new map or something new gamewise to go along with it. Or is it leading up to a release for a map or new weapons or whatever? Seems weird to do it and then a week later nothing has come of it.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Philthy posted:

So what was the deal with the rocket event and the explosions on the map. I was expecting them to roll out a new map or something new gamewise to go along with it. Or is it leading up to a release for a map or new weapons or whatever? Seems weird to do it and then a week later nothing has come of it.

They're just teasing the next Battlepass season, as they each take a new theme (This season was sci-fi/heroes/crater). They did this towards the end of the last season with a meteor that was slowly approaching the map. I doubt anything will come from this rocketship spacecrack spectacle before Season 5 comes about.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
You can see the crack in the sky growing day by day, and some of the residual warp energy on the ground is eating stuff - good bye tomato town's head, and the lonely lodge sign too I believe. So little changes but not nothing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Manky posted:

You can see the crack in the sky growing day by day, and some of the residual warp energy on the ground is eating stuff - good bye tomato town's head, and the lonely lodge sign too I believe. So little changes but not nothing.

Noms sign, motel sign, and durr burger are gone.

I wonder if all these locations are changing.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Rip retail row noms sign
and the tomato head
and the lonely lodge sign
and the motel sign
and the durr burger head
and whatever else happens

I welcome our overlords from inside the depths of tilted or whatever the gently caress is going on with that bunker door in wailing woods that is just..... there

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Finished my first stat in StW. Now if only I'd get my last Offense legendary survivor, I'd have that maxed as well as Tech.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AAB posted:

Rip retail row noms sign
and the tomato head
and the lonely lodge sign
and the motel sign
and the durr burger head
and whatever else happens

I welcome our overlords from inside the depths of tilted or whatever the gently caress is going on with that bunker door in wailing woods that is just..... there

That bunker door has been the headscrathing red herring of this season.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is July 12th now the new best day to buy the battle pass? I've never bought one before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
That's probably right but Epic have fudged with the dates before so don't commit on a date until Epic have said something concrete - I'd say wait until you're totally sure you're picking up the season 5 pass - there should be tons of posts ITT / notifications in the game client when this happens.