Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ded posted:

Portable cd players before skip protection. :(

Oh I suffered hard those years

The Sony skip protection that came out in like 2000 was goddamn black magic and I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1014466448083898368?s=19

Yeah, go give your local chud hug and a knife in the back

No need to justify their dolchstoßlegende

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

As long as Jeff Bridges, Tom Hanks, Patrick Stewart, and Seth McFarlane are still good people the rest of male Hollywood can be fed into a wood chipper as far as I care.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

As long as Jeff Bridges, Tom Hanks, Patrick Stewart, and Seth McFarlane are still good people the rest of male Hollywood can be fed into a wood chipper as far as I care.

Have you ever watched anything by Seth MacFarlane that isn't his space show?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I think I've seen that one cartoon where he keeps dropping hints?

https://youtu.be/rMZ3nh3BnMY

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like Firefly. If I cared about fans and creators being assholes I wouldn’t be able to enjoy basically anything.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fallom posted:

I like Firefly. If I cared about fans and creators being assholes I wouldn’t be able to enjoy basically anything.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

gently caress a traitor

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's OK to like garbage as long as you can admit to yourself that it's garbage.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Man seasons 3 and 4 of Angel were so aggressively bad, but season 5 was a perfect final season for the Buffy/Angel universe.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don’t think any of the things I like are garbage. Saying so always seemed like a goon self hatred thing tbh

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

shame on an IGA posted:

I think I've seen that one cartoon where he keeps dropping hints?

https://youtu.be/rMZ3nh3BnMY

Every time another name gets thrown onto the board, someone finds an old episode of Family Guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xYpx8yXLmg

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

Man seasons 3 and 4 of Angel were so aggressively bad, but season 5 was a perfect final season for the Buffy/Angel universe.

They were very bad.

Firefly was fine but not nearly as good as The Internet said it was when it was cancelled.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

They were very bad.

Firefly was fine but not nearly as good as The Internet said it was when it was cancelled.

Much like Curt Cobain, Firefly wouldn't be nearly as idolised if it hadn't ended abruptly.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Shaddak posted:

Much like Curt Cobain, Firefly wouldn't be nearly as idolised if it hadn't ended abruptly.

I think you’re right.

Also I think a lot of the questions answered and things addressed would have become a lot less interesting after being thoroughly defined in following seasons.

The fun setting created with galactic civil war, space cowboys, space cannibals and govt conspiracies was unformed enough to have mystery and a lot of blanks filled in by viewers. Defining all of it later would remove so much of the wonder and ~potential~ the show had as everyone kind of dreamed up what they thought was best.

It was a fun show though and I watched it all more than a few times.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

firefly is dope as hell until you watch his other stuff then you go back to it all :thinking:

joss whedon is creepy white knight

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

fair but don't poo poo on firefly i love my dumb space cowboy show

Space cowboy pirates

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Shaddak posted:

Hell yes, it is. The Swede is drat near perfect as a villain.

But hes Norwegian :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

firefly is dope as hell until you watch his other stuff then you go back to it all :thinking:

For real

That's why I refuse to rewatch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Aw crap, what'd he do?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigDave posted:

Aw crap, what'd he do?

Emotionally abusing his wife while sleeping with actresses a quarter of his age.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Emotionally abusing his wife while sleeping with actresses a quarter of his age.

The Charlie Chaplin Special

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

a quarter of his age.

:captainpop:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CBS News: Barton's distillery collapse: The rest of Kentucky's Barton 1792 distillery collapsed today in Bardstown, KY.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barton-1792-distillery-collapse-today-latest-updates-2018-07-04/?ftag=CNM-00-10aag7e

Another 9-11,000 barrels gone.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they didn't take the rest of the booze out when the thing partially collapsed?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they didn't take the rest of the booze out when the thing partially collapsed?

It might not have been safe to with the partially collapsed building.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CBS News: Barton's distillery collapse: The rest of Kentucky's Barton 1792 distillery collapsed today in Bardstown, KY.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barton-1792-distillery-collapse-today-latest-updates-2018-07-04/?ftag=CNM-00-10aag7e

Another 9-11,000 barrels gone.

This is the worst 4th of July ever.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fire marshal almost certainly had that barn roped off and condemned immediately after arriving on scene when the first half fell. They weren't gonna let people in to save any of it, that's what insurance is for.

The good news is that now they can start salvaging barrels that weren't destroyed in the collapse or fall. There's probably some surviving barrels in that mess somewhere.

Being Kentucky, I wonder if the solution to those barns just falling apart with time is to just move from a barn storage system to a series of empty walmarts.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 5, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If it's like the European cheese disaster then yeah they'll pull surviving product out.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

thinking about how much those barrels weigh and how many are stacked in there on what is basically 80 year old wooden pallet rack it's amazing this doesn't happen more often.

I thought they'd allow salvage for a minute but thinking about it a little more it's a mountain of wood rubble and wood barrels of rocket fuel soaked in who knows how much of itself that spilled. The OSHA move is to back the gently caress up and toss some fire arrows.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 5, 2018

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nick Soapdish posted:

Just SMDH if you still have Trump-supporting friends in this seventh month of the year 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's just not worth minimum wage Joes' life to salvage anything from an imminently collapsing structure.

Yet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

dear stephen please stop tweeting and start vacuuming up cocaine again

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In some cases, insurance or other rules from laws or regulations will prevent salvage of any of the product at all.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

For real

That's why I refuse to rewatch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog

I watched that and enjoyed it because NPH is a hilarious and wonderful talent.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Just SMDH if you still have Trump-supporting friends in this seventh month of the year 2018

Heh, get a load of this triggered snowflake who can't handle having friends with different opinions about supporting fascism

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Deathy McDeath posted:

I've cut ties with a bunch of people, essentially did a purge of my facebook over the family separation thing. But I still have some old friends (including one who was my best man and I'm his kid's godfather) that I've been through combat with that I can't bring myself to cut off, it's regularly depressing/enraging.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Skip protection was some garbage and it would destroy my batteries listening to tragic kingdom or young americans with it on in 99 or so. You just knew what parts of the route were poo poo so you had to hold it a certain way when you were on the miller's kid road for instance

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry that was in reference to riding the school bus for like an hour and a half every day so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I understood. I was the closest one to school on my route but got picked up first because crossing the street was apparently too goddamn dangerous. Dirt roads and discmans.

• Locked thread