Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Octopath Traveler is shaping up to be a charming trip down nostalgia lane.

Switch really is one of my better electronics purchases of the last 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Octopath Traveler is shaping up to be a charming trip down nostalgia lane.

Switch really is one of my better electronics purchases of the last 5 years.

It looks really interesting but I can't bring myself to buy a switch (I also can't afford to right now) just for that. And no I don't have any interest in breath of the wild

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It looks really interesting but I can't bring myself to buy a switch (I also can't afford to right now) just for that. And no I don't have any interest in breath of the wild

You should it’s fantastic.

E: BotW and Horizon Zero Dawn are tied for my GOTY 2017 with BotW edging out because of the portability.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 4, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How is the battery life on the switch? I have to take a three hour car ride between Wichita and Kansas City next week.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Depends on the game. BotW about 3-4 hours. Something like Stardew Valley 6-ish.

I have an external battery that supports rapid charging for trips.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You should it’s fantastic.

E: BotW and Horizon Zero Dawn are tied for my GOTY 2017 with BotW edging out because of the portability.

HZD is probably my game of the last 5 years honestly.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

boop the snoot posted:

How is the battery life on the switch? I have to take a three hour car ride between Wichita and Kansas City next week.

Seems to be about 3-4 hours but you can easily charge it with an external pack. Mind you it’s USB-C. Also you’d need a portable stand because the port is on the bottom. But they’re cheap and compact.

The switch was pretty garbage when it dropped because for six months it was nothing but a portable BOTW machine

Anyway, now it finally has games, and is cool and good. I have no idea what they’re doing with their lovely online, lack of VOIP, using their app however, and the $20/year subscription poo poo that might give you a few free NES/SNES games you already own on four different platforms. Whatever they’re doing with virtual console: seems like exactly what people don’t want. So don’t count on any of the latter

I think cloud saves are finally coming but probably locked behind the paywall lol. I get other companies are doing this, but they also have a free option for transferring/backing up saves

If you just want portable couch co-op fun then yeah, it’s great for that

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 4, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Have some giant webms.

A Harrier transitioning to VTOL mode and spamming flares is apparently highly confusing to heaters. Equally confusing: A helicopter with heaters popped out of the woods and killed 3 fighters chasing my dumpy harrier.
https://giant.gfycat.com/FlusteredGroundedKookaburra.webm

F-15s
https://giant.gfycat.com/AcclaimedDownrightAlligator.webm

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Is that DCS? It looks very pretty.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

mods change my name posted:

Is that DCS? It looks very pretty.

Yeah, DCS is a lot prettier than it used to be. Still kinda chunky at ground level, but only if you're ejected or taxiing around. Very pretty flying low over trees and water and stuff.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I'll have to download the free thing next time I feel like digging out the old x52

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I was wondering why the base game was free, and some packs seem to be around 40+ bucks

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was wondering why the base game was free, and some packs seem to be around 40+ bucks

Base game is free, but it comes with the SU-25T, a very cool ground attacker that also can take 4 heaters, if you're feeling froggy (heh). Flaming Cliffs is a low-fidelity sim (plenty of decent flight models and 6 DOF cockpits, but not clickable cockpits, and a lot of systems are very simplified). It, and some other stuff is on sale through tomorrow.

Flaming Cliffs is $25 right now (on sale) and comes with this:

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) is the next evolution of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 features the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S, Su-25T, and Su-25. FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focuses on a broad range of aircraft rather than a detailed single aircraft. FC3 adds a number of new features and improvements to previous versions of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 is a module of DCS: World, which makes it compatible with all other DCS: World titles like A-10C, Black Shark 2, P-51D, and Combined Arms.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Prey is really good. Took me a bit to get into it but it's fantastic now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They're developing an F-14 module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUsFWO08CO0

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
My buddy has a nice HOTAS setup and a VR headset and spends probably 90% of his free time flying planes around in DCS. The last time I messed around with it I hit the flight ceiling in an F-15 and then tried to land on full afterburner and ended up cratering it into the runway. Fun stuff.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xnv79DDxRI

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Vasudus posted:

Prey is really good. Took me a bit to get into it but it's fantastic now.

Yeah it’s super fun and creepy and feels like you’re always struggling for supplies until towards the endgame. It’s lots of fun.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Killing bigass planes with guns is an important part of DCS, though usually it's enemy planes.

The damage models on big, multi-engine planes are kind of wonky, so sometimes they'll eat up 2 or more missiles before they go down, and that can be frustrating.

In this case, an IL-76 some-loving-how doppler notched me when within visual range and made a pair of AIM-7s go stupid, then soaked up two heater hits without dying, so I got frustrated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltjbuGE2fQ

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yeah it’s super fun and creepy and feels like you’re always struggling for supplies until towards the endgame. It’s lots of fun.

Yeah that's what I'm the most glad about really. The game does a really good job of just making GBS threads on you all the time and making you burn supplies. If I didn't know better, I would say it's determining what spawns when you backtrack based off your current inventory.

I have no idea how far along I am, but it's real good. I'm not a huge fan of the microgravity section but even then it wasn't like...bad. Just not as fun for me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"dodge this"

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Cross-posting from the DO4M thread

Spatial posted:

VEGA: Good morning Doomslayer. What will the first sequence of the day be?

Doomslayer: VEGA load up ImpMan please.

Doomslayer: Could you kick up the ah, IDDQD please?

Vinylshadow posted:

The things demons see before their untimely demise must be an interesting topic in whatever afterlife they wind up in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Holy crap there's a dreamcast online community in 2018

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Any suggestions for good co-op PC games? A friend and I have just started shooting nazis in Sniper 4 Elite and that’s lots of fun. Something along those lines would be great. :)

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

mlmp08 posted:

Killing bigass planes with guns is an important part of DCS, though usually it's enemy planes.

The damage models on big, multi-engine planes are kind of wonky, so sometimes they'll eat up 2 or more missiles before they go down, and that can be frustrating.

In this case, an IL-76 some-loving-how doppler notched me when within visual range and made a pair of AIM-7s go stupid, then soaked up two heater hits without dying, so I got frustrated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltjbuGE2fQ

My pilot friend keeps bugging to get me to hook up the hotas and fly with him. His Harrier videos look pretty fun tho.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

Any suggestions for good co-op PC games? A friend and I have just started shooting nazis in Sniper 4 Elite and that’s lots of fun. Something along those lines would be great. :)

State of Decay 2 if you like third person zombieland poo poo. It's pretty good.

Downside: Not a Steam product.

edit: I beat Prey, I did the "good" playthrough. Now I'm going to NG+ tomorrow and go full evil.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 6, 2018

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The last Ghost Recon game was a lot of fun for silly tacticlol co-op Barbie the Operator dress-up.

I haven't done the SoD 2 co-op yet, but I've enjoyed the game. Vas, you should pop in the Discord sometime.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dude McAwesome posted:

The Left4Dead series is still great co-op fun.

The borderlands series is also good co-op fun.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Dude McAwesome posted:

Play Vermintide 2

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Any of you guys have an Xbox One and would like a code for State of Decay Year One Survival Edition? It came with my order of State of Decay 2, and I already have it on Steam. PM me and it's yours.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Any of you guys have an Xbox One and would like a code for State of Decay Year One Survival Edition? It came with my order of State of Decay 2, and I already have it on Steam. PM me and it's yours.

I don't want that, but wouldn't that work with the Windows Games Store if you have Windows 10?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Seemingly no- it says that it's the console edition.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

gently caress I already bought it

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIaKaoSg4Dk

Might get my hotas out

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
today in dcs i managed to

a) gently caress with my joystick for an hour
b)do the take off tutorial
c) do the SEAD tutorial and get shot down by an SA6 it told me to shoot while i waited for my missiles to strike

oddly enough my lessons from all of this have been that I need to buy track ir and a legit joystick :negative:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

loving same, drat. Might even need to find my trackIR

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sounds about right. I was testing out a custom goon server last night and spent entirely too much time using an F-5 to drop strafe and dumb bomb trucks, BTRs, and dudes with AK's. Also bagged a MiG-15, but that's not really something to brag about in an F-5.

Mostly I learned that I'm pretty bad at dumb bombing, but years of eyeballing poo poo in War Thunder make me at least halfway passable.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gonna be super duper pissed if i cant get the gibbering gemstone to drop today

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

loving same, drat. Might even need to find my trackIR

Oh my god - I set everything up and there's like all the buttons. I did manage to take off though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
TrackIR is my next gaming purchase. Too bad pubg doesn't support it yet.