Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Dexo posted:

^^^I mean if you want

of course the beautiful irony of this whole continued drake dominance of 2018 (sorry, the continued drake dominance of this century) is that not only has it exposed gossip T as a bitchmade washed up agony aunt, it’s also continually exposing the self proclaimed “real rap” fans in this thread as sad pussy cry babies who snitch to the mods every time facts and reality are posted.

waaaaaaah save our echo chamber drake took an L!! he did!!! releasing a song about some tmz poo poo and making fun of a dude dying of a disease is hard as gently caress!! Real rap!!! mods help!!! Modddds!! Yuyuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhghhkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
YOLO!!

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Amateur Saboteur posted:

There is 3x the amount of listenable music than on Ye, and I get bored of songs no matter how good they are if I dont have variety. This works for me and, i feel like the reasons the streaming numbers are so high, other than people falling asleep is that there is a "something for everyone" appeal to having so many songs. I even appreciate the happy birthday song for what it is.

I dont understand how a digital product is constantly referred to as bloated like it has a digestive system, like people dont consume music piece meal regardless and shuffled, at least I do.

If you have rarestrain OCD and cannot appreciate a product outside of ocassionaly arbitrary sequential orders and precise original context. And if something interrupts you, you start sweating and have to reset the project from the top, then yeah this album is like, your worst dream.

i think you just like the album dude theres no need to start yelling at people about digestion or whatever

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Dexo posted:

Um what, an Album should be cohesive and be able to be listened to from front to back, at least once. Artists spend a ton of time figuring out the sequencing of their album and ensuring one song flows into the next. I don't have to listen to it front to back always but album sequencing is important as poo poo as a song can have an entirely different meaning and feel depending on where it's at in the Album.

A well structured album is one of my favourite things, but in the era of streaming it's becoming less and less common, unfortunately.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

sremm 3 was the best album of the year i love how i had to listen to 1.5 hours of music to find i liked none of it and anyone who disagrees with me has ocd or add or adhd or whichever on is funnier i wish scorpion were actually 50 songs because more is always better

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i cannot understand why people are calling a 90 minute drake project with 25 songs bloated when it doesnt even have a digestive system

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I wish Freddie was 1000 tracks long, Kanye hadn't scrapped Daytona's production, and there was world peace

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
i thought scorpion was supposed to have a secret diss.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

temple posted:

i thought scorpion was supposed to have a secret diss.

It does. Drake self owns himself on most of it.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

monkeu posted:

yep, the legacies will say it all. drizzy drake, the greatest rapper and most successful music artist possibly of all time with achievements at the absolute pinnacle of the game for over a decade with a repution of sharing his success and fostering the career of new artists

verus

the weakest member of clipse whose solo career has fizzled out thanks inequal parts to his inability to make a song good enough to crack even the top 100, his weird bitchmade chip on his shoulder against wayne and drizzy (transparently out of sniveling jealousy for their rapping ability), his absolute incompetence at managing his own career and good music and most of all his incompetence to write bars about anything except for that one time he sold a few grams to a sorority literally two decades ago.

i’ve been sitting here struggling to finish this post with “gossip T will always be remembered as...”. i’ve been stuck for ages and I just worked out why hahah. this is the sad agony aunt who spent 5 years making excuses for the delay to the followup to his terrible solo debut, put out 20 minutes of mediocre rap over decent production finally where the most notable bars he had were only worth talking about because they managed to get drake’s attention and then got absolutely obliterated in the rap battle he so desperately wanted. He was barely a speed bump in the rap god’s continued dominance of rap, music and the record books.

unfortunately the reason I was having trouble finishing the sentence is because the truth is that he’s not going to be remembered at all

Yyyyuuuuuuuuhuuuuyhhuuuuuuhgkkkkkkkkk

He still got his rear end wupped

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1014464114712875008

e: This was all monkeu:
https://twitter.com/theavclub/status/1013125022217592832

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 4, 2018

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

monkeu posted:

of course the beautiful irony of this whole continued drake dominance of 2018 (sorry, the continued drake dominance of this century) is that not only has it exposed gossip T as a bitchmade washed up agony aunt, it’s also continually exposing the self proclaimed “real rap” fans in this thread as sad pussy cry babies who snitch to the mods every time facts and reality are posted.

waaaaaaah save our echo chamber drake took an L!! he did!!! releasing a song about some tmz poo poo and making fun of a dude dying of a disease is hard as gently caress!! Real rap!!! mods help!!! Modddds!! Yuyuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhghhkk

You sad, broke brained bitch

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

monkeu posted:

Dude I am going to spell it out for you one last time. Not a single person has an issue with you being a Drake stan. It's the fact that you are the most obnoxious poster I have ever come across in my 15 years on SA, and that is no small feat. It's loving music, people are going to have different opinions, and that is OK.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Stop letting this corny australian dude troll you. Just put hhim on ignore, poo poo.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Stop letting this corny australian dude troll you. Just put hhim on ignore, poo poo.

Naw keep making fun of his pathetic need for attention and post the I'm just pretending to be retarded picture instead

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Thom and the Heads posted:

i cannot understand why people are calling a 90 minute drake project with 25 songs bloated when it doesnt even have a digestive system

Lol

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Imagine finding a song you like. Now imagine finding out the artist released 30 more songs that year. How mad are you honestly 😂! Pretty mad I bet.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm glad you like the album.

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
kanye's interpolation of 10 Bands in the intro to verse 1 of Yikes is what makes that track work so well. imagine an album of that. please quentin miller i hope you're reading this it's not too late. also sorry but What Would Meek Do? is destined to be song of the year at this point no matter what

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean a lot of people listened to the album and said why they don’t like it. It’s just boring. It’s a Drake album but without any fire and also a bunch more tracks. It’s not a HORRIBLE album or anything (I mean the beats alone) but the shtick is just so old and tired, it feels to me like he isn’t hungry anymore and just wants to have more hits that make money.

honestly even the beats aren't that great, 40 fell off

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Drake needs to let him rest. That man is sick sick sick

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dexo posted:

Drake needs to let him rest. That man is sick sick sick

saw someone say the album is so long because drake is trying to get as many 40 he can before its too late

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

New Makonnen:

https://soundcloud.com/lukewav/sets/ilovemakonnen-iloveamerica

It slaps so far.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

this juice world dude really sounds like an emo band singer from 2007

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

makkonen needs to get fat again idk he lost something with that weight. this aint bad tho.

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 5, 2018

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Jonathan Fisk posted:

this juice world dude really sounds like an emo band singer from 2007

Yeah like that really loving throws me off and it's so goddamn whiny.

Tolkien minority posted:

makkonen needs to get fat again idk he lost something with that weight. this aint bad tho

Yeah, he never got back to where he was with Super Chef or Tuesday or whatever. Basically he didn't really take advantage of that Drizzy feature and just quit releasing poo poo for a while.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

MrSargent posted:

Dude I am going to spell it out for you one last time. Not a single person has an issue with you being a Drake stan. It's the fact that you are the most obnoxious poster I have ever come across in my 15 years on SA, and that is no small feat. It's loving music, people are going to have different opinions, and that is OK.

gently caress outta here noob

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

monkeu posted:

i remember when you posted like an actual person can you go back to doing that someday please

Amateur Saboteur posted:

I like it. I've been listening to it a while and if you like drake I'm not sure why this doesnt appeal to you.

It feels a lot like nothing was the same to me, all the beats are good, even the ones that aren't amazing have a lot of intricacies and beat swaps throughout.
Lyrics up there with his best just down from the bars Quentin wrote

There is 3x the amount of listenable music than on Ye, and I get bored of songs no matter how good they are if I dont have variety. This works for me and, i feel like the reasons the streaming numbers are so high, other than people falling asleep is that there is a "something for everyone" appeal to having so many songs. I even appreciate the happy birthday song for what it is.

I hated more life and views btw no stan. I bet no one can even point to a reason this album is worse than his other stuff besides the 1:00 collective of peppered son edits maybe. They are kind of cringe. Still.

I dont understand how a digital product is constantly referred to as bloated like it has a digestive system, like people dont consume music piece meal regardless and shuffled, at least I do.

If you have rarestrain OCD and cannot appreciate a product outside of ocassionaly arbitrary sequential orders and precise original context. And if something interrupts you, you start sweating and have to reset the project from the top, then yeah this album is like, your worst dream.

it's better than more life and views but like, it's a problem precisely because it makes me think of how good Nothing Was the Same is. scorpion's not unpleasant or really poo poo or anything it's totally fine in the background with some good beats, but it feels like a worse version of better albums, no sense of progression from his old stuff, and so I end up going to listen to his old stuff instead. there's nothing with the energy of Worst Behavior, for example. and yeah an album as a whole can feel bloated by having a lot of mediocre tracks between the good ones, which is what happened here.

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 5, 2018

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
monkey, do you love me? are you posting? cause I want ya, and I need ya, to clown for me always

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

What I don’t like about scorpion is just how phoned in drake sounds. Like he’s half asleep the whole time and barely deviating from one flow. The second half a bit better. Idk I’m a big drake fan but I don’t think it was even as good as views or more life, both of which I liked but thought could’ve been better.

Besides nice for what my favorite song on it is mob ties cause he actually does some interesting stuff on that track even if it’s maybe just biting young thug. he sounds like hes just talking over sleepy beats for way too much of the album. that can work i mean (marvins room is one of my favorite tracks of all time) but theres just so little emotion or content in it it just sounds lame to me

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 5, 2018

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yo, the 03 Greedo tape loving slaps, god drat.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

temple posted:

monkey, do you love me? are you posting? cause I want ya, and I need ya, to clown for me always

Monkeu and Drake kissin' in the Wraith
Kissin'-kissin' in the Wraith, kiss-kissin' in the Wraith

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Joe Gillian posted:

Yo, the 03 Greedo tape loving slaps, god drat.

Pity about the 20 year sentence. I'll check this out for sure though.

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
not a big juice wrld fan but that freestyle is still dope af

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

What I don’t like about scorpion is just how phoned in drake sounds. Like he’s half asleep the whole time and barely deviating from one flow.

He's been like this since Views

3 poo poo albums in a row. The best parts of More Life was when he let other people sing

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joe Budden knows bars on a real level that only a few people like monkeu can understand and he likes the album, your wifey is pressing play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3unyHzGcFI

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Like the old saying goes, "quantity is always good"

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Joe budden seems like he should be an incel.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I finally listened to the album and it's not bad but I'm not compelled to listen to it again. Popular music sounds derivative to folks who are always listening to new music for a drat reason: a pop artist is supposed to poach all the best trends and styles from the last year or two and present a consumer friendly version to the masses. They aren't ripping anyone off because most of the time they are hiring the people who created the sounds they are aping.

That's popular culture and how often do hip hop heads admit to listening to pop music unless it's with their girl or in the club? The reason they are heads is because they like finding new music and rebel against dominant sounds. That's the nature of culture. The masses don't have the context of the Pusha T disses nor care.

Championing the new Drake in this thread is like bragging about the latest Apple computer in a general computer thread. You gotta expect blow back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
someone’s gotta fight the good fight against the lame hipster “real rap” fans desperately dismissing the greatest rapper of all time for the sake of being seen by other broken brain sadboys online as anti-establishment. budden gets it. real recognizes real