Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Xenomrph posted:

What do you guys use for generic action figure stands? I’m looking for something I could buy in bulk, and ideally could be used for either 6” figures or 3.75”. Like, big enough to keep a 6” figure stable but not so big that the “footprint” is a ton of wasted space for 3.75”.

Can of Beams makes mini stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The problem with stands for 6” figures is even in the same lines they don’t make the peg holes the same size.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

What do you guys use for generic action figure stands? I’m looking for something I could buy in bulk, and ideally could be used for either 6” figures or 3.75”. Like, big enough to keep a 6” figure stable but not so big that the “footprint” is a ton of wasted space for 3.75”.

You could probably try these: https://www.amazon.com/MLST-A01C-mu...L70_&dpSrc=srch

There's a lot of options and the base isn't so big that it would be unwieldy for a less than 6" figure. I use Tamashii Stages for my figuarts but they're 6"+ and the base is pretty big. These look similar but with a smaller base size.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or basic metal ones if you don't need them too fancy.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Cheesea-Barbie-Display-Holder/dp/B06ZZP8D4C/ref=sr_1_41?ie=UTF8&qid=1530548187

There's probably even cheaper on there if you look further. And of course if you want to wait 8 months for delivery probably tons on Aliexpress.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

The problem with stands for 6” figures is even in the same lines they don’t make the peg holes the same size.

This is why Can of Beams stands have holes to fit everything. Seriously, JUST DO WHAT I'M TELLING YOU.

https://www.canofbeams.com/shop/unibase-6-in-1-low-profile-base-replacement

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not a stand, it's a base replacement. You still need the stand/peg/etc. from whatever you're using it with, a lot of them don't come with those anymore.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

That's not a stand, it's a base replacement. You still need the stand/peg/etc. from whatever you're using it with, a lot of them don't come with those anymore.

That's true, I just figured Xeno already had a bunch since he's posted about stands before.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I tried my hand at making my own and was pretty happy with the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYlqi73vDXY&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfCyakOd9dU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

That's true, I just figured Xeno already had a bunch since he's posted about stands before.

Wait, I have? :confused:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

God, Xeno never shuts up about stands.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seriously it's really annoying

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
No wonder you love Jojo so much, Xeno.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jojo?

What’s going on here, I’m so confused :saddowns:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenomrph posted:

Jojo?

What’s going on here, I’m so confused :saddowns:

they're toys

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jojo is the anime version of that gay fighting game from the SNES.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Jojo is the anime version of that gay fighting game from the SNES.

It was an RPG

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It was a fighting game, too, and somehow got a US release???

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Guys, Hottoys Yondu is goddamn amazing. The portrait is drat near perfect. The tailoring is impeccable, I don't own any clothes made this well.

Joe Fisto posted:

Just released today, Hottoys Yondu

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need it but it’ll be a while. Probably Christmas.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Guys, Hottoys Yondu is goddamn amazing. The portrait is drat near perfect. The tailoring is impeccable, I don't own any clothes made this well.

You could if you didn't spend all your money on dolls!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YT reviewers have ML Thing in hand, is he out?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Endless Mike posted:

It was a fighting game, too, and somehow got a US release???

Never before has a blind purchase from a clearance bin ever left me so confused.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

YT reviewers have ML Thing in hand, is he out?

Been out in Hong Kong for a month or so. So most of us impatient people have him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Endless Mike posted:

You could if you didn't spend all your money on dolls!

Let’s not be silly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I love how the creator gets offended when you mention the gay stuff in JoJo.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I just noticed that the Figuarts releases for the original Dragonball series each come with a different star Dragonball. So far we have Kid Goku, Roshi, Bulma and Krillin. I wonder if that implies that we'll get 3 more from the original series. Piccolo Daimao seems logical but I wonder what the other 2 would be. Tenshinhan and Yamcha would round it out but Tenshinhan would be a pretty big disappointment as he looks pretty much the same as the Z release we already got. Tao Pai Pai would be amazing. Maybe Grandpa Gohan? Chichi? I guess we'll see but now I'm pretty convinced we'll get more from the original series.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure there's some Red Ribbon Army dudes they can make figures of. That one dude from the first story arc also maybe?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I just noticed that the Figuarts releases for the original Dragonball series each come with a different star Dragonball. So far we have Kid Goku, Roshi, Bulma and Krillin. I wonder if that implies that we'll get 3 more from the original series. Piccolo Daimao seems logical but I wonder what the other 2 would be. Tenshinhan and Yamcha would round it out but Tenshinhan would be a pretty big disappointment as he looks pretty much the same as the Z release we already got. Tao Pai Pai would be amazing. Maybe Grandpa Gohan? Chichi? I guess we'll see but now I'm pretty convinced we'll get more from the original series.

Could get Mai, Pilaff, and Shu. Then again they might save Mai for her Goku Black Saga look.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

JT Smiley posted:

Never before has a blind purchase from a clearance bin ever left me so confused.

Hell, same. To this day I treasure my glorious incomprehension.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Rirse posted:

Could get Mai, Pilaff, and Shu. Then again they might save Mai for her Goku Black Saga look.

These three would convince me to start buying the DB line, they are the silliest villains and I love them for that.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Tao Pai Pai, Piccolo and early DB Yamcha make sense, but I’d love Lunch with swappable heads/faces and machine guns!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DID SOMEONE SAY DRAGONBALLLZZZZ

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

vkeios posted:

These three would convince me to start buying the DB line, they are the silliest villains and I love them for that.

Same, those three are hilarious and amazing. I have Kid Goku, who is an awesome figure and then I got really into playing DB Fighterz and bought a bunch of the Figuarts figures.

Then I kept getting my rear end kicked in Fighterz because the online community is super hardcore, and I realized a lot of my love for Dragon Ball is nostalgia and sold all the figures I'd bought, except Kid Goku because he's just a ton of fun to pose and photograph.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My Hot Toys RoTJ Luke came in today. Super stoked to have him in hand finally! It’s amazing! Almost holy grail as I love this outfit so much! If they do an official X-Wing suit I may need to grab that too. The biggest issue was that loving light up arm. What a bitch to get back on!!! I had to use pliers to drag it down! Everyone else who has it has had the same trouble getting it back over the arm. The fabric has to stretch a bit since the wrist is so tight to get over the forearm. Ah well. It still looks fine.

(I need better poses for Vader and Kylo)

Now waiting on Anakin ep 3, Obi Wan ep 3 and the Emperor. Can safely say that’ll prob be it for Hot Toys as the prices are quite high these days.

Maybe a Conan....

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Going to SDCC and wondered if there was any sets I should stand on line first because of limited runs / scalpers?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
No idea, but if you are heading towards that He-Man exclusive and can grab me one, I'd appreciate it.

Just saw Hot Toys announced 2 new exclusives, Concept Art Captain America and T'Chaka as Black Panther.

Cap looks neat, T'Chaka looks kinda weird (BP plus a sash is just sort of odd), but god drat do I love the helmet design they gave him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 5, 2018

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jet Ready Go posted:

Going to SDCC and wondered if there was any sets I should stand on line first because of limited runs / scalpers?

Hasbro's almost always the top spot for SDCC, though Funko's giving them a run for their money. With SDCC's new exclusive portal, you at least don't have to stand in one line to get a ticket to stand in another line to get your toys. Honestly, unless you really want something from either of these, avoid them like the plague, however, they are going to hold the most value after con if you're looking to flip.

Beyond that, Kid Robot usually has some good poo poo. Super7 is an offshoot of Funko at this point but they bought up matty's licenses a couple years ago so they're the ones w/the aforementioned He-Man.

Also check out the SDCC thread if you're looking for more tips about the event in general (or deffo a decent place to ask non-toy questions).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jet Ready Go posted:

I want the Hot Wheels porg Millennium Falcon, so if you’re over by Mattel, hi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh my God that is weapons grade adorable :3: